• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:04 PM

If only there was smooth scrolling... =P

#212 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:49 PM

Well, I mean, you could use the smooth scrolling rule... But as far as I know, Z3 scrolling is still non-existant or in development.

Although, it would be awesome if somehow, secretly, we were making this set the first tileset with Z3 built in! icon_whistle.gif

#213 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:54 PM

UPDATE! icon_biggrin.gif

Well, ok, not really a 'big' update, but just wanted to let you guys know what I'm doing...

Right now, I'm still organizing, and it's taking more time and effort than anticipated, but it's still going fairly quickly! icon_smile.gif I've finished with ALL (I hope... I might have another look through the spritesheets before I stop ripping altogether) the floor tiles, door tiles (which were more than expected), and Sky/Cloud tiles (as of 5 minutes ago icon_razz.gif)! Finally!! There are BUNCHES of clouds, it wasn't even funny! And there's probably more clouds around too, but I did a thorough enough job, so I'm moving on to the next section, which will probably be Walls/Wall Decor... But, it's looking official! I'm pleased with it! I've rotated/recolored/redrew a bunch of tiles to make it all nice, user-friendly, and versatile! I think I'll work on the palettes before I do any more combo work, though, just for a change of pace. icon_wink.gif

Just so you guys know! Sayonara!

... hey! Sayonara is Japanese for good-bye! :O I know more Japanese than I thought! lol

Edited by AgentLym, 03 May 2009 - 08:55 PM.

#214 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:20 PM

Ok, I need help...

I am working with the palettes again, and having problems! Here's a quote from my question in the ZQuest Editor Help Forum:
Well, it's been a while! But, I'm back with a question!

You know, in ZQuest, when you go to edit the Level Palettes, and you click to edit a c-set, and those 3 numbers appear beside the RGB? What in the world do those 3 numbers indicate?! I've open a few pics in MS Paint and The GIMP, and checked their hexadecimal color value and their Red/Green/Blue color values as well, but the colors don't have the same look! (even if their values are the same... I find a color in ZQuest, then 'create' that color in MS Paint, but they aren't the same... why?)

So, yeah, I was wondering: What do those numbers stand for exactly? I realize that they probably have something to do with the Red/Green/Blue values (hence the RGB beside the numbers), but in what order?

And why don't the numbers go any higher than 64?! Aren't they supposed to go all the way to 255 or something like that?

And, while I'm here, are there any snazzy 'tricks' to editing the colors easily and stuff (like macros or keys I can press... things like that)? As probably some of you guys know, I'm working on a Kirby tileset, and I want the colors to be genuine. But that is very hard to do, because, as far as I know, you can't copy individual colors over from one c-set to another, even though you can copy entire c-sets over...

So, yeah, there's about 4 questions around there, so if any of you guys can help, it'll be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

So, yeah, there's my problem! Any help?

#215 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:08 PM

Or what would be incredibly helpful is a list of Kirby's Adventure palettes... I don't know if that's even available anywhere, but, it's worth a shot! icon_razz.gif

So, yeah, does anyone here have the complete KA palette set?

Edited by AgentLym, 05 May 2009 - 05:08 PM.

#216 Moo2wo

Moo2wo

Yes, you're seeing this.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:08 PM

Wish I could help you. icon_frown.gif

#217 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:13 PM

Oh... well, thanks for replying, anyhow! icon_smile.gif

#218 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:52 PM

Well, I got some more palette work done, but I took a break and made this!! IPB Image

It's a full 1280x800 wallpaper, for those who want it! It's not great, but... yeah, took a couple hours and turned out fairly well! I found inspiration for it after I saw a pic that had 8-bit Mario jumping over well drawn blocks and stuff. I personally like it! Enjoy!

Yeah, off-topic, but I thought you guys might wanna know what I've been up to! icon_wink.gif

Edited by AgentLym, 06 May 2009 - 06:00 PM.

#219 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:37 PM

That's actually pretty cool in wonderland. In reality though this is a post so that you don't have to double triple quadruple post again.

I'm really ready to see an update icon_smile.gif This should be epic once finished.

#220 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:39 PM

Thanks! I love replies! *winks at everybody reading this topic*

Edited by AgentLym, 07 May 2009 - 09:39 PM.

#221 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:52 AM

Awesome BG, dood. That looks very nicely done. Nice work with that. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Blaman, 09 May 2009 - 07:53 AM.

#222 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:50 PM

*BUMPITIZE ME, CAP'N!* ... ok, lame.

But the reason I post here is to ask, Anyone wanna help me organize/rip/palette-ify/script this set here? (The download-able file is at the bottom of this post. icon_wink.gif )

Here's a description of what needs to be done (and so begins this VERY long post):

1) Organizing
-----Take ALL tiles, and recolor them to be in the first and second color sets. This means take a group of tiles, recolor them to be colors 3,4,5 and 6,7,8 respectively, so you should have the tiles looking something like this:
IPB Image

Water tiles use the colors 9,10, and 11. If you wanna recolor the water tiles to be in the first and second color sets as well, go ahead! I'm thinking of doing that anyway, so if you do, it'll be less work for me and be greatly appreciated! Believe me, your name will be in the credits list. icon_wink.gif

Then, if you feel really diligent, you can turn them into combos! Yay! lol Just make sure that the colors go in order for convenience of use's sake, so if you recolored a certain tile, make the first color set come first in the combo sheet, the second color set goes second, then any additional color sets go next. If it's a water tile, you can make the water color set go first; it doesn't really matter. Make sure you give them the correct solidity settings! It'll be a real pain to have to go back over them to make them correct. (and believe me, I know, 'cause... I kinda gave some background combos solidity, so now I have to go back, and de-solidify them all, which will be a little tedious icon_razz.gif)

Here's a list of categories that you can suggest to help out with:
IPB Image

I know it looks like a lot, but I've gotten a bunch of the bigger things out of the way... well, not a bunch, 'cause life's been busy, but I have gotten some stuff done. I've gotten Doors, Foreground Floors, Sky n' Clouds, and most of Background Objects done. I'm thinking about getting rid of a few categories, like, Background Floors (because there's really no solid floors in the background) Sky Objects (because, besides the Blimps and things, I don't know what else would be in the sky), and such like that.

=======
If you wanna help with Organizing, just tell me the category you want to accomplish, and I'll see if it's available, and if I give you the thumbs-up, then go on ahead and do it! There's no obligation, really, so if you wanna back out, that's fine!

*takes a breath and a quick sip of water... starts typing again*

2) Ripping
-----*sigh* Yes, we still have some things to rip. >.< Here's some things we haven't gotten: Enemies, Kirby himself, Special Effects, Warp Zones, Hub Worlds, and some of Orange Ocean and Rainbow Resort. Enemies will be really easy to rip; it only includes the basic enemies, ability enemies, and boss enemies. I haven't ripped ANY enemies so far, so all enemies are fair game. Just rip them to the tile pages around 140-150, so they're easy to keep track of. icon_wink.gif Just keep them organized into the sub-categories I gave them (basic enemies, ability enemies, etc), and that should be fine. For Kirby, just rip whatever I haven't gotten yet, which is mostly him using his weapons and such. Go to the Spriter's Resource to get the Kirby's Adventure Kirby sprite sheet and almost every other sheet you might need. If there's not something there, check Drshnaps. He likes Kirby. lol icon_wink.gif Special Effects are basically any effect related to Kirby or his opponents, so... that includes Sword Swiping, Hammer Plunging, Parasol Opening, and all that stuff. Also included are Explosions and such. I've ripped a few of these (like Frozen Blocks and Beam and stuff), but there's still a few to go. Just download the Quest file at the bottom of the post to see what I've gotten done. (they're right after the Kirby tiles) ... Let's see, Warp Zones are the little rooms where there are a bunch of warp stars and such that take you to each world. I need every one of those tiles ripped, the clouds, stars, floors, and such. You only need to rip one of the rooms (which isn't a big deal, I just haven't done it yet), and then make different palettes accordingly. I was thinking of this color arrangement for each c-set:

0-Transparent
1-Black
2-White
3-Darkest color of the color theme of the room
4-Second darkest color of the color theme of the room
5-Third...
6-Fourth...
7-Fifth... if there is a fifth... (if there isn't, just leave it black, I guess... or you could put that white of the clouds there, I dunno)
8-Sixth... if there is a sixth... (if there isn't, just leave it black, I imagine)
9-Purple (of the stars... no, that purple is not the same as the darkest color of the purple color theme... well, it might be, but that same purple is used in all the color themes, so stick that purple here)
10-Red (of the stars... again, stick that color there even though it might reappear in the red color theme)
11-Blue (of the stars... same as before)
and 12-15 can be just black, 'cause they probably won't be used. If there are any colors I missed, maybe just fill up slots 5 and 6 with them, just to keep it orderly. icon_wink.gif

So, yeah, try to stick to those guidelines, and that'd be very much appreciated!
Next, Hub Worlds are the Spaces Between the Worlds that lead to each individual level. Each one shouldn't take too long to do, since it's, like, one set of Foreground Floors and Background Objects and such. No need to rip them exactly, just make a tileset for them. They can be placed in the tile pages after the ones already used, so probably around 210 or so. For Orange Ocean and Rainbow Resort, just rip everything I haven't gotten. I'm pretty sure I've gotten almost all of Orange Ocean, but I haven't ripped the last few levels of Rainbow Resort yet, so those are probably pretty full of tiles. Just rip the tiles accordingly, and use the palette system I've made to color them. If you don't feel like making a new palette, don't worry about it! Just rip them into any palette already there (the Vegetable Valley 1 palette is probably the easiest), and color them according to the color sets supplied. I'm making every tile usable in every palette, so as long as you stick to the color sets, they'll fall right into place everywhere else! icon_wink.gif
... OH YEAH! We need that "end-of-level'' place ripped as well! You know, the place where you get fired out of a sling-shot thing and fly up to see if you can get extra lives or not? That sheet is at Drshnaps. (look above for web address)

NOTE: If you plan on ripping animations, please rip ALL of the animation! If the clouds move, rip all the frames of the cloud! (which is usually 4... blaman ripped some with 3, so some might have 3 frames... but all the ones I ripped had 4 frames icon_razz.gif) Water is almost always animated.

3) Palette Creating
-----Appropriately named, this activity has you pitted against the inconvenient palette system of ZQuest. You could make these palettes/c-sets according to some levels I haven't done yet. (such as some Orange Ocean and Rainbow Resort levels and ALL of the Hub Worlds! Although some of the Hub Worlds might be the same as a palette I've already created) ... or, you could scroll down to Palette 30+ and try to help finish what I started, which is: Making every a c-set for practically every possible color set combination (and by every combination, I mean every color set used in the levels! That would be insane trying to get every color combination! icon_razz.gif)! :O What a task. It should prove easy once the Black palettes are finished, just a little tedious. I don't think I've finished the second Black palette... check for the same c-sets in the first Black palette. (I just copied the first Black palette to create the second, then changed them going down. If there are any duplicates, they'll be at the bottom of both palettes) Just do as much as you can, but be sure to get the colors as accurate as possible! I want them to be true to the original! Refer to THIS topic to get help on getting accurate colors! (believe me, that'll help you guys out a bunches!)

4) Scripting
-----Obviously, this is just to help script the game mechanics themselves. I have lost whatever scripting skills I had over the course of this year, so don't ask me how. If you decide to help in this area, let Joe123 (who'll probably be frequenting this topic, so no need to send him a bunch of PMs icon_razz.gif) know, and he'll tell you if he needs help or not. I don't even know if he needs help, so... yeah! lol Just, mostly, what we need scripted are: Enemies and Kirby's Attacks. I don't think we're going to need all those mini-games and things scripted, so don't worry too much about those. icon_razz.gif

AND DONE!! For now, at least! lol

====

Just so everybody knows, if I don't reply very quickly or don't get online for a long time, it's because my mom is not letting me use my computer this summer (yeah, yeah, I know... don't laugh at me! icon_razz.gif), but I'll try to get it back as often as possible! June starts tomorrow, so that's why I typed this all up tonight... and man, this is a lot of typing! lol

Just so everybody knows, I'm adding a Credits List to the first post of this entire topic! If I haven't listed your name, and you deserve individual credit, let me know! icon_smile.gif Give credit where credit is due; that's what I say! Sorry if I forgot to give you mention!

==================

Here's the file-> Kirby's Adventure Tileset (being Finished Up)

It's free to use, I guess, but it is definitely not finished. I'm not sure if you could use it yet to make an engaging quest, but... maybe? Tell me if you're going to use it for quest making, though! icon_wink.gif That's current as of May 31, 2009.

... and, I guess that's it! Till next time, friends! Btw, thanks blaman! lol

~Agent_Lym

Edited by AgentLym, 31 May 2009 - 09:54 PM.

#223 Din

Din

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:08 PM

Hey, Lym. Word 'round town is that you need some help. Well, maybe I can help out a bit with organizing this thing. I'll have plenty of time in a week and a half, so maybe I could lend a helping hand, if you need it. Also, *bump*!

#224 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:09 PM

...! A reply!! Yay! icon_awesome.gif

And, sure you can help! Just let me know when you have the time! (although letting me know doesn't really matter, since I've already supplied the quest. Don't let me forget to add you to the credits list, though! icon_heh.gif)

#225 MrMister

MrMister

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:27 PM

It's been about a week Lym! Hope you're still working furiously on this!

I love it already! Hope you can make this work in 2.10! If not, I can wait for 2.5. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users