Quest 744 M Public Testing Build

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:01 PM

edit: I've had to take the build down for now. Sorry about that. I'm leaving this thread for posterity, though.

Edited by Bagel, 22 December 2014 - 04:09 AM.

#2 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:19 AM

Updated today, Dec. 12. Added LTTP bumpers, LTTP cannonballs, a new boss for the first Pendant dungeon, and some minor palette changes.

Most changes are in the Pendant dungeons.

Known issues:

- Many strings have SFX, but most do not at the moment. I'll fix that later.

- Once you finish the Caldera Shrine there are no changes from the original quest.

- Lagging behind the original quest in polish, now. I need to port over Dark Death Mountain lava pools, among several other graphical/screen changes.

#3 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

Are these new scripts unique to Master Quest?  

#4 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:57 PM

Some of them have been in the original for a bit. Bumpers, for example, are in the original quest. Cannonballs don't use scripting at all.

I recently lost the most up-to-date version of the master quest and had to use an older build, so I have lost about a day and a half of work. I am busy reconstructing it now.

#5 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:00 AM

So, it's called 745 now. What gives?

#6 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:08 AM

The project has changed. It's no longer going to just be the same quest with additions; it gets entirely new dungeons and a revamped overworld now. The original quest wasn't intended to have a lot of the scripted mechanics it ended up having, so those weren't planned. They were afterthoughts. This way I can make something better that already incorporates those things into its design.

• HavoX likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users