Photo

Adventure in Mysteria: Redo?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Should I redo my quest? And which tileset, if yes?

Should I redo my quest? And which tileset, if yes?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(pikaguy900 @ Aug 30 2006, 09:42 PM)
Eh, CGBZ will be okay. I really don't want to do things over. I wish I could find the music for the Picori Festival from The Minish Cap. I'd use that for the Triforce Festival music...

View Post

I'll see if I can find it icon_razz.gif

#17 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE(Dekadx2 @ Aug 30 2006, 08:44 PM)
Swansong rocks.
Swansong or DoR would be your best bet. Trust me!

God bless,
Daiv

View Post

I want to use DoR, but... I still need to do the CGBZ tileset some justice. I need to really prove to people that it's very possible to make a really good quest with an incomplete tileset, and one that seems to have only gotten some terrible remarks. It seems there are some people who think that the CGBZ tileset shouldn't be used for a quest. However, I'm out to prove that wrong. And until it happens, I'll keep making quests with it! Still, I like using new tilesets. Maybe I'll use DoR for Mysteria 2... Yeah, that's a good idea.

Edit: Thanks SwB. (Since that's what people seem to call you now.)

Edited by pikaguy900, 30 August 2006 - 08:48 PM.

#18 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:04 PM

I've been searching... thought I almost found it... I found a huge site full of TMC music, but I couldn't find the Picori Festival. Pity too, it had all the others. I might as well give you the link:

TMCmusic

Oh, the festival is there. But can you transfer MP3s to Midis?

Sorry, some of the text is Brazilian icon_sweat.gif

The only problem I have with the CZGB tileset is that it's quite limited. With pure, a lot more could be created... icon_shrug.gif

Edited by Speak with Bread, 30 August 2006 - 10:03 PM.

#19 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(Speak with Bread @ Aug 30 2006, 09:04 PM)
I've been searching... thought I almost found it... I found a huge site full of TMC music, but I couldn't find the Picori Festival.  Pity too, it had all the others.  I might as well give you the link:

TMCmusic

Oh, the festival is there.  But can you transfer MP3s to Midis?

Sorry, some of the text is Brazilian icon_sweat.gif

The only problem I have with the CZGB tileset is that it's quite limited.  With pure, a lot more could be created... icon_shrug.gif

View Post

I don't even know anything about music editing. So, uh, it seems there's a tie between CGBZ and (Other), with that being the following:

Swansong
Pure
DoR
(Others I forgot...)

Maybe I'll check out DoR and see if I can get the look I want.

#20 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:16 PM

Well, just ask around.

#21 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(Speak with Bread @ Aug 31 2006, 03:16 PM)
Well, just ask around.

View Post

No need. (I don't even know what you're talking about...) DoR is actually just what I need. Odd how a tileset so complex seems perfect for me to use to make a complete remix of a simple quest...

#22 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:33 PM

No I meant about the music icon_kawaii.gif

#23 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE(Speak with Bread @ Aug 31 2006, 03:33 PM)
No I meant about the music icon_kawaii.gif

View Post

Oh. My mind wanders too much. Still, I don't even see why I should get into it anyways.

Could someone close this poll, if it isn't already?

#24 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 01 September 2006 - 02:40 AM

I'd love to see you do this again Pika. But its up to you what tileset to use I think.

BTW, I'm working on some capless Minish Link tiles. Tell me if you'd like them.

#25 speeddeamon

speeddeamon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:15 AM

It would be a good idea to redo it if the first one you made wasn't too great like you say.

#26 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 01 September 2006 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE(Limzo @ Sep 1 2006, 02:40 AM)
I'd love to see you do this again Pika. But its up to you what tileset to use I think.

BTW, I'm working on some capless Minish Link tiles. Tell me if you'd like them.

View Post

I'd like that! Just please, no 32x32 (That is two 16x16 tiles vertically and horzontally, right?) tiles, okay? Oh, and are you also working on Minish Cap Link tiles with a cap? I'd like to finally be able to use those.

Edit: Okay, a final decision between tilesets. I can either use LttP or DoR. I like the quest Orion's LightWorld, which uses the LttP tileset he made, and I really like its tiles. However, DoR definitely has tiles good for making beaches. LttP had none whatsoever. Oh well. I think I'll stick with DoR. Or, maybe I can use Pure.... Huh. They're all so good... A little help, please?

Edited by pikaguy900, 01 September 2006 - 03:01 PM.

#27 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:32 PM

Freedom has the Minish Cap Link with the cap on AGN forums. You can find them under Freedom's section.

Hey Limz, can I get those minish cap link tiles? Since I'm making a pirate quest, Link has to be capless, and I suck at making him capless.

#28 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE(pikaguy900 @ Sep 1 2006, 08:59 PM)
I'd like that! Just please, no 32x32 (That is two 16x16 tiles vertically and horzontally, right?) tiles, okay? Oh, and are you also working on Minish Cap Link tiles with a cap? I'd like to finally be able to use those.
Edit: Okay, a final decision between tilesets. I can either use LttP or DoR. I like the quest Orion's LightWorld, which uses the LttP tileset he made, and I really like its tiles. However, DoR definitely has tiles good for making beaches. LttP had none whatsoever. Oh well. I think I'll stick with DoR. Or, maybe I can use Pure.... Huh. They're all so good... A little help, please?

View Post

The tiles are 32x32 but only use one pixel outside of the 16 across border, so technically they are 16x32. But if you're asking for 16x16 sprites, sorry, I stink at that. I can rip sprites, but I can't shrink them. I'd try and make my own but they'd just disgrace The Minish Cap.

QUOTE(Speak with Bread @ Sep 1 2006, 09:32 PM)
Freedom has the Minish Cap Link with the cap on AGN forums. You can find them under Freedom's section.

Hey Limz, can I get those minish cap link tiles? Since I'm making a pirate quest, Link has to be capless, and I suck at making him capless.

Sure, I'm half way through them. They'll be finished in no time at all! icon_smile.gif
EDIT: What planet am I on? I'm half way through the walk down sprites but that's it. I'm not halfway throught the whole thing. Silly me.

And call me Limz, I like it.

Edited by Limzo, 03 September 2006 - 09:14 AM.

#29 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE(pikaguy900 @ Sep 1 2006, 03:59 PM)

View Post

That's because there was no ocean in ALttP. Come to think of it, I believe Link's Awakening was the first to actually have a beach.

By the way, I did find some good water tiles in the Descendant set... which I'm using.

Edited by Speak with Bread, 03 September 2006 - 01:08 PM.

#30 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:25 PM

I'd say go with the DOR set. It is the one of most organized and most current set available, besides Pure. Everyone is using the Pure Tileset now anyway.

Edited by Master_of_Power, 03 September 2006 - 01:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users