Dreams Realm Help Thread

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#1 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 20 November 2023 - 07:17 PM

If you're stuck or find any bugs post them here. 

Edited by TheRock, 20 November 2023 - 07:19 PM.

• jwex001 likes this

#2 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 21 November 2023 - 08:49 PM

I must have clicked through a bit too fast, and cannot figure it out on my own, but how do you change what seeds you are using in the seed satchel?  So far I am loving the difficulty and the balance of it.  I have found only 1 thing so far, but am not sure if it is meant to be that way, but in 2.53 (I am using build 33 from 17 April 2019), when you try to enter the house above Links that is blocked by the pirate skeleton via the chimney, it sends you into the house with all the books (library) that is right above it.

Also, for some reason, when I am in the menu and exit back out of it, It switches my a button from my sword to my bombs.... Double checking though it is not a key binding issue, but I am not having that issue with other quests.

Edited by jwex001, 21 November 2023 - 09:00 PM.

#3 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 21 November 2023 - 09:03 PM

You can change what seeds you're using by pressing up, or down in the inventory menu. After that you need to select the item. It'll tell you which seed you're currently used.

As for the chimney, i've just tested it from what you've said, and this is a bug. We'll fix that one for the full release.

• jwex001 likes this

#4 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 21 November 2023 - 09:23 PM

What items do you have when you press the start button? This was made in 2.6.12. This game has L and R to switch the B button selected.

Edited by TheRock, 21 November 2023 - 09:27 PM.

• jwex001 likes this

#5 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 21 November 2023 - 09:52 PM

What items do you have when you press the start button? This was made in 2.6.12. This game has L and R to switch the B button selected.

I have the sword, seed satchel, and the bombs.  I typically use the L and R buttons to switch between my items, but for some reason, when I look at the map, or my inventory screen, my "A" button item switches.  So If I am on my sword, it will go to my bombs and If I look at the map or inventory again, it switches back to the original "A" item.  The version of 2.55 I am playing is listed above in my original post.  I briefly played in 2.55 just to check a few things but that is about it.  With having to go into the inventory and press "UP" to change which seed you are using does make it a hassle if your "A" changes every time.

#6 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 21 November 2023 - 10:06 PM

I have the sword, seed satchel, and the bombs.  I typically use the L and R buttons to switch between my items, but for some reason, when I look at the map, or my inventory screen, my "A" button item switches.  So If I am on my sword, it will go to my bombs and If I look at the map or inventory again, it switches back to the original "A" item.  The version of 2.55 I am playing is listed above in my original post.  I briefly played in 2.55 just to check a few things but that is about it.  With having to go into the inventory and press "UP" to change which seed you are using does make it a hassle if your "A" changes every time.

It was made in 2.53. I would avoid playing the game in 2.55. I can't replicate the bug. I think it has something to do with the ZC version or something...

#7 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 21 November 2023 - 10:32 PM

I think I know what the problem is. I was using a controller and was able to make the A Button Switch every time I paused. If your using a controller try to not use one.

#8 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 22 November 2023 - 06:31 PM

I think I know what the problem is. I was using a controller and was able to make the A Button Switch every time I paused. If your using a controller try to not use one.

That seems to have done the trick.  I will get back to using my keyboard as I have been using the controller for a time now.  Working my way through level 2 now.  So far I have not come across any other glitches or bugs other than what I have mentioned so far.

#9 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 22 November 2023 - 06:33 PM

That seems to have done the trick.  I will get back to using my keyboard as I have been using the controller for a time now.  Working my way through level 2 now.  So far I have not come across any other glitches or bugs other than what I have mentioned so far.

That's good news! Not sure if you can rebind the buttons on the controller to make it work. I had to go out of my way to bind the L/R and start button to the same controller button to make the bug work. 

#10 Cryomundus

Cryomundus

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 November 2023 - 03:08 AM

Currently stuck on the 3 zora brothers puzzle, not entirely sure where I'm supposed to put the statues. Got the 3 hints, but unless I'm missing something, it's impossible to put one of the statues on the bottom left corner, where there's the multi-striped tile with the 2 lightish pushblocker tiles, the ones with the 4 light squares. Gone over the rest of the dungeon 4 or so times so I'm pretty sure this is the next puzzle I need to clear.

#11 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 23 November 2023 - 09:15 AM

I think you should re read the owl statues that give you the hints, and screenshot the hints with F12. Maybe that will help ya to find the solution based on the hint.

Basically, just put the color statues where they tell you to put them.

Edited by Sans, 23 November 2023 - 09:16 AM.

#12 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 23 November 2023 - 10:51 AM

Currently stuck on the 3 zora brothers puzzle, not entirely sure where I'm supposed to put the statues. Got the 3 hints, but unless I'm missing something, it's impossible to put one of the statues on the bottom left corner, where there's the multi-striped tile with the 2 lightish pushblocker tiles, the ones with the 4 light squares. Gone over the rest of the dungeon 4 or so times so I'm pretty sure this is the next puzzle I need to clear.

They all go on the top row. So the one that goes on the top left is 2 tiles left the princess.

I solve it here at about the 1:30 mark if your still stuck: https://www.youtube....h?v=BIRoNOyE7TM

#13 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 23 November 2023 - 05:20 PM

Not sure if it is a glitch/bug or not, but after beating the volcano area, the Goron leader does not change what he says.  He just continues to ask if you found what you were looking for and to keep looking.  In the middle of level 3 now and just got the roc's feather.  Was actually hoping the item would be the flippers (or the quest equivalent of them). 

The only other possible bug/glitch I have found so far is when you finish playing and save the game, then close out the player, next time you open it up and start the quest back up to continue, your "A" button does not have the same item in place as it was.  I had the sword in the "A" button when I last played with the feather on "B", and when I continued, I had the mystery seeds in my "A" button slot.  

Edited by jwex001, 23 November 2023 - 05:32 PM.

#14 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 23 November 2023 - 07:41 PM

Not sure if it is a glitch/bug or not, but after beating the volcano area, the Goron leader does not change what he says.  He just continues to ask if you found what you were looking for and to keep looking.  In the middle of level 3 now and just got the roc's feather.  Was actually hoping the item would be the flippers (or the quest equivalent of them). 

The only other possible bug/glitch I have found so far is when you finish playing and save the game, then close out the player, next time you open it up and start the quest back up to continue, your "A" button does not have the same item in place as it was.  I had the sword in the "A" button when I last played with the feather on "B", and when I continued, I had the mystery seeds in my "A" button slot.  

Yeah, the Goron never changes text. The switching items when saving happens all the time in ZC games, so fine there too. 

• jwex001 likes this

#15 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 23 November 2023 - 08:33 PM

As funny as it sounds, with as long as I have been playing/using ZC, I have never noticed that it happens in all games.  Finally in the dreams realm.  Loving the challenge each step of the way, especially with the maze like layout of the sun temple dungeon.  Working on figuring out the riddle from the tablet now as I have only been able to find 3 of the dead trees....

Edited by jwex001, 23 November 2023 - 08:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)