2.50 RC1

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#121 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

I've been wondering about this myself. Up until about b1337, I could throw the boomerang at an angle with ease (which is how it should be, it was one of the most useful tactics on the NES). Now, only Up, Down, Left, and Right. I was wondering what happened?

#122 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:32 PM

Okay, I did some experimenting with it and found out a few things. This is how it works for me, I'm unsure if it's the same for everyone or not.

ZC 2.10 - Screwed up, doesn't appear there's anything I can do..
ZC 2.5B18 and RC1 - It only works in the B Slot, so if you have the quest rule on like I do to select the A Item and have it set there, it appears to only go in two directions.

This is on the Windows 7 laptop where I'm testing it, I can submit a file of my quest if it helps with the problem.

Alternatively, this almost seems like a function that should be available in the Item Editor, to allow diagonal throws or not. It'd make more items and ideas to use for quests..

Also, there's a bug with the Ladder in B18 where the Ladder activates over Direct Warp tiles. While I suppose this is normally okay in some quests, I have a few Roc's Feather rooms where you have to jump over pits and the Ladder will activate and screw up a turn.

I tried the Screen Data to switch the Allow Ladder feature but it doesn't seem to affect it. My only option right now is to disable it for the entire dungeon.

(This may have been fixed, I can't test in RC1 because the Ladder doesn't activate in my quest)

Edited by HylianGlaceon, 13 June 2011 - 11:54 PM.

#123 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

If the wand is the first item picked up it disappears and you dont have it. Is there any way to fix this.

#124 Isdrakthül

Isdrakthül

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:01 PM

I just found a bug. If Link jumps off a ledge and turns toward it immediately in sideview gravity, his hitbox can go a little way inside the unwalkable area. Nothing major, but it can interfere with one of my scripts.

#125 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:56 AM

I think this is a bug...

I am using a scrolling warp to go to a different Dmap that has the Ladder disabled, but whenever I do go to that DMap the disabled items never actually activate, so the Ladder still works on that DMap even when it's supposed to be disabled...

EDIT: Actually, I had something set up wrong, nevermind.

I'm having a lot of issues with the Ladder causing problems for the Roc's Feather, it keeps appearing and messing up the jumps, especially where I have turns set for the feather. I really hope we get a "Disable Ladder" screen flag (including dungeons) or a flag you can only go through with the feather.

Edited by HylianGlaceon, 21 June 2011 - 10:46 AM.

#126 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:02 AM

In the editor the are three tilesets viewable this makes the tiles hard to see this should be a toggle off option. Also the way you can see the next square of the next screen that way its easier to see the rooms for editing.

Also when snapshots are taken it blows up the tiles to 2x2 instead of 1/1 this should be fixed so people can rip tiles.

Edited by tox_von, 21 June 2011 - 08:03 AM.

#127 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

icon_smile.gif

Hi there icon_biggrin.gif

Should i use 2.50 rc1 for my quest or ? i use now build1296

#128 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(judasrising @ Jun 21 2011, 01:11 PM) View Post

icon_smile.gif

Hi there icon_biggrin.gif
Should i use 2.50 rc1 for my quest or ? i use now build1296

RC1 is great, I use it also. But i think there is a ladder bug and you will get more bugs when you update from 1296 to rc1.

#129 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE(Avataro @ Jun 21 2011, 10:51 PM) View Post

RC1 is great, I use it also. But i think there is a ladder bug and you will get more bugs when you update from 1296 to rc1.

Okay thanks

#130 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:36 PM

I'm waiting before I update. Back some odd builds ago there was a subscreen and header problem. When I would edit either of them my quest would become corrupt. I finally found a version that didn't do that and has been stable for months now. I'm sort of hesitant to upgrade just yet until it becomes a bit more ironed out. So far I am able to do everything I need, but I really do enjoy some of the updates the Developers have been adding. icon_razz.gif

#131 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

This error must have been posted surely, but I'm not taking any chances.

as with versions from before 2.10, Link occasionally spontaneously loses control, doing whatever the last action was until control is re-established (ie: walking off in a direction and ignoring commands.)

#132 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:47 AM

Never heard of that one before... You sure that's not just on your computer?

Anyone seeing a lot of crashing on saving? I want to try something.

#133 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

The ladder doesn't work vertically for me no matter the dungeon map setting. Also when I enter a dungeon then exit the overworld music doesn't play.

#134 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:48 PM

Not sure, but I think there may be some bugs with isSolid() not detecting solidity properly. Of course it may just be my terrible scripting...

QUOTE(King Aquamentus @ Jun 22 2011, 03:30 PM) View Post

This error must have been posted surely, but I'm not taking any chances.

as with versions from before 2.10, Link occasionally spontaneously loses control, doing whatever the last action was until control is re-established (ie: walking off in a direction and ignoring commands.)

That just happens on all games, usually when you click out of the window when pressing a directional key.

#135 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Jun 24 2011, 10:47 AM) View Post

Never heard of that one before... You sure that's not just on your computer?
Anyone seeing a lot of crashing on saving? I want to try something.

Actually yes, yes I have. It's the most crashing I've ever seen in the past few years actually, because it's so immediate.

I also find it odd how a timed save occurs before the quest has even loaded after opening a quest. O.o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users