Photo

The world of furries

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think about being a furry. (44 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think about being a furry.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#121 Linkman

Linkman

Magus

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:48 PM

Oh well I guess I am a carnivore so that works.
Why though are furries so popular on purezc?

#122 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:06 PM

Old-skool:
These two threads should be in good coexistance with each other... (I think.)
Hugs Dekadx2

Heehee! I replied in that thread. *Rex hugs dekadx2 also.* Yeah! Furries are usually very hugable.
----
Dekadx2:
Rexlaninetales, your quest is too big to download on dial-up. I'm patient and all, but it takes a crap at about 40%.

Crud, there's got to be a program that you can download which keeps the download in memory and resumes downloading when you connect to the interet again. It will take some time moving everything off of the later maps so I could reduce the file size.
Well, My furry actually has one dog ear and one fox ear. He is a hybrid vulpine goriya. That explains the tail.

Kind of like Rex's bicolored eyes.
----
Snarwin:
That's the spirit. Hatred sucks in any form. Neutrality is grand.
----
Don't get carried away with this furries thing because it will become an obsession.
I don't mind the furries but when it gets sexual then I hate furries.

Don't worry, I swore my loyalty to AlphaFox and Feral Fox.
----
Rex Zemenheart:
If I was a furry, I'd prefer to be a cat like thingy... I'd be all white with a larger, fluffy tail, longer ears, and maybe an ear piercing or two. My eyes would be a very deep gold color... I'd either use a saber, or two daggers... Or my mad CatZ 1337 ninja claw skillz...

Awsome! You'd resemble one of my furry characters, "Cat Mastar"; though his color is a golden tabby and his eyes are hazel and his weapon of choice is the Cat's Eye Excalibur, though he really prefers to use his claws when possible because his sword is very heavy.
----
Old-skool again:
Heh! I like how you animalized all those people!
----
Linkman again:
I think I may be a furry I have very thick and long hair
What would I be?

You should pick your favorite long haired animal. There's many canids that have long hair: huskies, arctic wolves, arctic foxes, Malamutes, afgan hounds, and many others. With a long haired coat, you'd want to pick an animal that is adroit in the arctic region...Your thick fur protecting you from the cold.
Why though are furries so popular on purezc?

Beats me, since this is a forum for zelda quest designers and midi music composers. It must be fate who brought us furries here together...Me, shadowTiger, FoxMcCloud, FeralFox, Old-skool, Dekadx2, Rex Zemenheart, SilverDragon, and many others. I hope us furries haven't offended anyone here. As you can see, none of us come here to flaunt our sexuality. We try to be civilized furries and respect other's feelings.

Edited by rexlaninetales, 04 July 2006 - 05:11 PM.

#123 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:42 PM

But rex, I think dial-up just isn't meant for mor than 5MB downloads.
I really want to play it though.
As soon as I get my floppy drive up and running I'll post the sprite I used for your character.
Thanks for the hug. *Scratches Rex's ear*
Good news Rex, I got another tester.
Rex, you should upload a pic of your furry. It sound really cute.

#124 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:59 PM

huh?! No no...

I'm not a furry, I just like being around them. lots.

They're like big stuffed animals, only they aren't stuffed.

Hugs all furries in the room.

makes that cozy noise people make when they rub their head on someone's chest during a hug

#125 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:10 PM

WOOHOO! I'm on a roll! 2 hugs in 1 thread.
I think the reason Linkman isn't happy about furries is that he's seen the sterotypical (sexual) side of furries.
He doesn't see the old-skool side of it.
*hugs tail*
And Rex, I cuddle my tail when I sleep because it's soft and warm. Thus, When I close the fridge after a midnight snackb it slill is in front of me.

#126 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:25 PM

You know, ... ... I'm really amazed at how fast peoples' opinions here have changed. People seems to hold onto a stereotype and never give it a second thought unless it's put to the test.

I've also observed that when people are bandwagoning, (I.e. mass amounts of people preserving the same view, sharing that preservation among each other.) it's much harder to change someone's view if they're in the bandwagoning group. If it's just one or two people viewing a group of bandwagoning people, they're almost likely to see things their way since it's the "majority" holding that view, regardless of which majority it is.

I suppose the mantra "strength in numbers" is a pretty formidable one. icon_shrug.gif

#127 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:33 PM

Obviously my opinion changed because of Rex and his/her (sorry, I never really asked) opinion on this.
But Rex, *Compares tail length to Rex's* has been a good friend and set me straight.
Thanks, Rex. *gives the rock on sign*

Rock on.
~Daivo the vulpine goriya

#128 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:37 PM

...see now, I feel as if people are claiming to be furries, when they really aren't, according to their own definition (at least before this thread, if that makes sense.) Maybe furry fans, but not furries. It's just kind of irritating to see people treating lightly something I personally take seriously, I guess.

#129 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:55 PM

If you're pointing to me, I won't say you are.
But I DO take this seriously. I woke up, saw my dog and fox ears in the mirror, my eyes were coal black with green rings, what I had thought was a stuffed animal I was cuddling, was actually my tail.
I'm in my own quest. YAY ME. And I feel a lot softer yet a lot tougher.
I feel something I can relate to someone on.

Rock on Y'all
I don't care what you say! I will have those boots!

#130 Bob's tomato farm

Bob's tomato farm

Initiate

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 10:04 PM

Please pay no attention too the person who just posted. He is my next door neighbor. He is not a furry. He looks nothing like a dog or a fox. He doen't have a tail.

#131 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:23 AM

Dekadx2:

But rex, I think dial-up just isn't meant for mor than 5MB downloads.
I really want to play it though.

Alright. I'm in the process of moving stuff from the later maps 235 to 255 to about 80 to 100. Then delete the map count after 120 or something. That should cut the file size in half. Deleting extra midis actually reduced the file size from 8 Mb to a little more than 7 Mb. But then know that with all these changes, there's bound to be tons of glitches because the map reference of the save stations, item aquriance, etc will be outdated.

As soon as I get my floppy drive up and running I'll post the sprite I used for your character.

Awsome! I can't wait to see.

Good news Rex, I got another tester.
Rex, you should upload a pic of your furry. It sound really cute.

Hurray for the tester and yes, I'll upload my furry picture of RexlaNinetales when I finish this post.

Thanks for the hug. *Scratches Rex's ear*

*Rex's hyper sensitive ears twitch a few times as Dekadx scratches. *
Heeheehee! That tickles.
*Rex bats at his paws playfully with her tails.*

WOOHOO! I'm on a roll! 2 hugs in 1 thread.
I think the reason Linkman isn't happy about furries is that he's seen the sterotypical (sexual) side of furries.
He doesn't see the old-skool side of it.

Heh! Dekadx is Silly.
Give Linkman some time to make up his own mind. We shant try to force him to change his views, he'll only want to resist further.

*hugs tail*
And Rex, I cuddle my tail when I sleep because it's soft and warm. Thus, When I close the fridge after a midnight snackb it slill is in front of me.

Heehee! Cute! When RexlaNinetales (pronounced Rex'lu'nee'nuh'tails) is in an arctic region, she completely engulfs herself within her 9 tails to conserve body heat.

Obviously my opinion changed because of Rex and his/her (sorry, I never really asked) opinion on this.
But Rex, *Compares tail length to Rex's* has been a good friend and set me straight.
Thanks, Rex. *gives the rock on sign*

*Rex wraps all her tails around Dekadx...he vanishes within her tails* Heh! I think my tails are longer than...Dekadex...Where did you go? *she chuckles softly.*

But I DO take this seriously. I woke up, saw my dog and fox ears in the mirror, my eyes were coal black with green rings, what I had thought was a stuffed animal I was cuddling, was actually my tail.
I'm in my own quest. YAY ME. And I feel a lot softer yet a lot tougher.
I feel something I can relate to someone on.

Nice imagery. I'm still trying to imagine, "The foxy goriya". I'm hugging my fox plushy right now...His tail is so cute and he's so soft. He sleeps with me everynight, his muzzle resting on my cheek.

----
Old-skool:

huh?! No no...
I'm not a furry,

Pardon my error.

I just like being around them. lots.
They're like big stuffed animals, only they aren't stuffed.
Hugs all furries in the room.
makes that cozy noise people make when they rub their head on someone's chest during a hug

That's so cute. I'll still welcome you as a furry fan.
----
ShadowTiger:

You know, ... ... I'm really amazed at how fast peoples' opinions here have changed. People seems to hold onto a stereotype and never give it a second thought unless it's put to the test.

Sometimes with the right mindset, one could enlighten others to broaden their viewpoint given just about any topic. I'm hoping us furries here at PureZC could shatter the stereotype about furries being sex freaks. Many of us join furry groups without any intention of seeking sexual satsifaction. In fact, quite a few of my furry friends are accomplished musicians and combine their music talent with their furry lifestyle. Image a band of furries playing instruments. Rex the 9 taled fox would be jamming on the keyboard, whilst Cat Mastar played the metallic guitar with his claws, and Silvia Beth Felidae with vocals, Leo Neon with bass guitar...It would be a blast.

I've also observed that when people are bandwagoning, (I.e. mass amounts of people preserving the same view, sharing that preservation among each other.) it's much harder to change someone's view if they're in the bandwagoning group. If it's just one or two people viewing a group of bandwagoning people, they're almost likely to see things their way since it's the "majority" holding that view, regardless of which majority it is.

Yeah, I agree. Such bandwagons tend to blur individuality and thus ripen the atmosphere for more stereotyping.
----
SilverDragon:

...see now, I feel as if people are claiming to be furries, when they really aren't, according to their own definition (at least before this thread, if that makes sense.) Maybe furry fans, but not furries. It's just kind of irritating to see people treating lightly something I personally take seriously, I guess.

I must tell you I do take my furrism seriously...Sometimes a little too seriously. For instance, I was disloyal to Alphafox with Feral and we all got upset...Both alpha and I were crying. He even called Feral's house and cried. I felt terrible and yes, I did cry very much so, I thought he was going to turn his back on me; however we eventually worked things out in which all 3 of us could live in harmony.
----
Bob's Tomato Farm:

Please pay no attention too the person who just posted. He is my next door neighbor. He is not a furry. He looks nothing like a dog or a fox. He doen't have a tail.

Don't be fooled by his human disguise.

#132 Tsumetai

Tsumetai

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 06:55 AM

I'm not a furry myself, though I do believe that furres are furres because that is their "true self", and that this life is only temporary. So, a furrie's idea of merself is how ze is in spirit, the spiritual plane being more real than this plane. This is because I have a few of furry friends, as well as one who thinks she's a mermaid. I think I'm a human at heart. ^^;

EDIT: Before anyone asks, "mer" and "ze" are pronouns for either sex. So, instead of using "his/her" as we can see used by dekadx2, I use "mer" and "ze".

Edited by Tsumetai, 05 July 2006 - 06:59 AM.

#133 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:31 PM

I'm not a furry myself, though I do believe that furres are furres because that is their "true self", and that this life is only temporary. So, a furrie's idea of merself is how ze is in spirit, the spiritual plane being more real than this plane. This is because I have a few of furry friends, as well as one who thinks she's a mermaid. I think I'm a human at heart. ^^;

I'm really not sure if Mermaids and Mermans could be considered furries...Though they do parallel furries. With their fish attribute, they're more closely related to scalies.
EDIT: Before anyone asks, "mer" and "ze" are pronouns for either sex. So, instead of using "his/her" as we can see used by dekadx2, I use "mer" and "ze".

Nice! I also substitute 'one' with the gender pronoun to encompass both male and female. For herms, we've been using shi and hir in our RPs.

#134 ThePurpleSmurf

ThePurpleSmurf

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:37 PM

I myself am a furry. While my picture may not express that, I am but a a furry still. I am a Kitsune. A 7-tailed kitsune to be precise. I come from Tokugawa. Tokugawa was the Ancient period in Japan's history which is said to be mythical. But I know better. I say Embrace all of the other Kitsune Around you! Rejoice, My Fellow Kitsune! icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by ThePurpleSmurf, 05 July 2006 - 01:49 PM.

#135 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:41 PM

I am a bit curious about the Fox's position in Japanese folklore... ...I was under the impression that they thought it to be some sort of ghost... What exactly is the story? Do you know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users