FireBird Tileset

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

#91 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

I don't want to be that guy, but how has progress been guys? (Just wondering of course :) )

• coolgamer012345 likes this

#92 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:38 PM

This is why you shouldn't make announcements like this in the first place. :P Just finish the damn thing THEN announce it.
  • Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder and Mero like this

#93 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:54 PM

To be released "soon".

#94 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:55 PM

This is why you shouldn't make announcements like this in the first place. :P Just finish the damn thing THEN announce it.

Honestly, I think the pestering is healthy and normal. It helps remind you that you've agreed to do something, that people are still expecting it, and most importantly that people care about it. If you let yourself believe that people have stopped caring about your project, that's where things go downhill. So here's my "I still care abut FireBird" post.

#95 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:00 PM

I'm getting a vision from the future...

This will be the most used tileset, and every quest will be made with FireBird.

• Demonlink likes this

#96 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:00 PM

I don't care for fire nor birds

but I care for this tileset.

#97 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:18 AM

If you're just sitting on it, you should probably just release it. You can always add updates later. 

A GB-based Tileset is exciting because the style is pretty simple. Which is to say, none of the shots posted use 3-4 layers to build a single screen. That's a good thing. From a brief foray into the recent quests added, people are still predominately using the Classic set. Which is a shame, because of it's ridiculous limitations. 

#98 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

Take as long as you need, id rather wait a long time to have it well done and finished!

THO, come on.. SCREEN SHOTS :D

#99 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

Come on guys, finish dat' tileset! While I was working on Koten and referencing other tilesets, I slowly came to realize that GBC tiles are probably the simplest yet best-looking tiles out there! I'm serious when I say this could potentially turn into the best tileset ever to grace the community...If it's finished.  :D

Edited by DragonDePlatino, 08 June 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#100 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

There's progress almost every day, so I wouldn't worry so much about this being dead. No idea exactly when you can expect a release though, and to be honest I wouldn't expect to know until the tileset is finished and up for grabs.

• Moosh and Demonlink like this

#101 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:39 AM

There's progress almost every day, so I wouldn't worry so much about this being dead. No idea exactly when you can expect a release though, and to be honest I wouldn't expect to know until the tileset is finished and up for grabs.

Ermagherd. Yes. This means that every day, we get closer and closer to having another AWESOME tileset. Thanks to all of you :D

#102 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:28 AM

If I hadn't announced it I wouldn't have had the same amount of motivation to work on it, and then it would never get finished.

• Sheik likes this

#103 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

If I hadn't announced it I wouldn't have had the same amount of motivation to work on it, and then it would never get finished.

Plus, when we announced it I wasn't really aware we will have all custom sprites as well. Because really the bulk of the stuff that's missing is enemies and npcs at this point.

#104 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

Glad they announced it cuz it gives me something to keep coming back to look at once n a while :P

#105 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

Firebird will be released on 25th June! (this year!)

The tileset will be released in its current state. It is very complete in many areas, but may also lack content in some areas.

Any future work on the tileset will either be released as an expansion pack and/or released as a newer version of the tileset.

I will try to get as much work as possible done these last days before I'm leaving to Italy for a few weeks.

Thank you for your patience.

Bonus:

IpZDlw8.png

Edited by Supindahood, 14 June 2014 - 07:12 PM.

• Shane, Sheik, Jared and 3 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FireBird, Tileset

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users