tileset

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#91 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

Kurt, it may be a quest rule en/disabled. When I made the item tiles, I tested them extensively to make sure they animated correctly, and I had no issues.

#92 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

Okay, I think I have this figured out. By default, the Wooden Boomerang sprite is Sprite #04. In Firebird, Sprite #04 is the Fire Arrow. Even though all the different menus appear to have the settings changed to the appropriate sprite, it still seems to use Sprite #04 regardless. Any ideas why every drop-down box is ignoring the chosen settings and sticking with the default?

#93 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

I just tested it myself, and, that's a kick in the pants. It looks like Goriya has some sort of weapon sprite that changes depending on which boomerang the player has. Dumbest thing I've ever seen... especially considering it ignores the boomerang rules and flips, instead of animates.

See, I felt the need to re-organize all the weapons and items alphabetically, and by number. Figured that, since I was testing everything anyway, and I could, I would. That way, everything was in order (Swords were in order from lowest power/number to highest, etc.). Here I was feeling pretty good about all that work, then you had to come along and ruin it! Sigh...

I should have this fixed in the next release.

#94 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

I just tested it myself, and, that's a kick in the pants. It looks like Goriya has some sort of weapon sprite that changes depending on which boomerang the player has. Dumbest thing I've ever seen... especially considering it ignores the boomerang rules and flips, instead of animates.

See, I felt the need to re-organize all the weapons and items alphabetically, and by number. Figured that, since I was testing everything anyway, and I could, I would. That way, everything was in order (Swords were in order from lowest power/number to highest, etc.). Here I was feeling pretty good about all that work, then you had to come along and ruin it! Sigh...

I should have this fixed in the next release.

Well yeah, Goriyas normally always use the same boomerang sprite as Link does.

#95 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:56 PM

So, unless someone is actively using the quest file right now, the issue has been fixed. I added new sprites for the Goriya equivalent of the boomerangs, and re-added new sprites for Fire, Ice, and Light arrows. Tested it in the quest, and seems to work fine.

Seems like there should be a quest rule to fix this stupid behavior.

#96 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:30 AM

So I've asked the team if they can import their new stuff into the questfile, whenever that's done I will release a new version of the file for everybody to use.

• Jared and EpY like this

#97 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

Can you guys release the tiles themselves, too? That way people don't need to download an entire new file for just a few tiles. :)

#98 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

I could try that :)

• Jared and EpY like this

#99 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

Ooooooo, an update! I've been waiting patiently for this, and hopefully I will get my rust off and make some random screens for fun.

#100 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:33 PM

Hit a bit of a snag right now. I'm trying to get the subscreen into a working state again (something happened to it between saves when I first opened it today) and I got to get the life and magic gauges working again. All I can say is, who designed this interface for the gauges with such descriptive abandon? Here's hoping something better and more comprehensible appears in RC4...

• Jared likes this

#101 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:02 PM

Here's my magic meter from my quest. It can be changed into any colors you want. I modeled it after the large Firebird one. :)

subscreen_zps5c6e2b10.png

Enjoy! You can also put it in the default pack for Firebird, if you guys like.

Edited by Jared, 10 September 2014 - 07:02 PM.

#102 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:31 PM

I hate to double post, but are you guys working on new dungeon elements? Mine feel very bare.

#103 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:43 PM

A reposting from another thread...

I've noticed that Firebird is lacking several CSets and decided to build a couple of custom ones to use until we get the update with the real CSets. Keep in mind that these were developed for my personal use, as you may want to replace one of the gradients with another colour and are not representative of the final CSets.

D2s65No.png

CSets are 10 and 11 from left to right

CSet 10 uses gradients of Crimson/Pink and Brimstone Green (Or Brass :heh:) for the primary features.

CSet 11 uses gradients of Deep Purple and Mud Brown/Grey for the primary features. The Brown/Grey could be removed in place of Light Blue, but I already have those elsewhere and I'm not afraid to run 8-bit.

These are their effects on a selection of enemy sprites:

CSet 10

KduuxT7.png

CSet 11

8BJiOvX.png

• Jared likes this

#104 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:54 PM

A reposting from another thread...

I've noticed that Firebird is lacking several CSets and decided to build a couple of custom ones to use until we get the update with the real CSets. Keep in mind that these were developed for my personal use, as you may want to replace one of the gradients with another colour and are not representative of the final CSets.

D2s65No.png

CSets are 10 and 11 from left to right

CSet 10 uses gradients of Crimson/Pink and Brimstone Green (Or Brass :heh:) for the primary features.

CSet 11 uses gradients of Deep Purple and Mud Brown/Grey for the primary features. The Brown/Grey could be removed in place of Light Blue, but I already have those elsewhere and I'm not afraid to run 8-bit.

These are their effects on a selection of enemy sprites:

CSet 10

KduuxT7.png

CSet 11

8BJiOvX.png

Very nice, tyvm!
Can't wait till the intended final release comes out :3

#105 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:44 AM

That reminds me, I should get around to finishing up those crypt tiles. Corner pillars are giving me a hard time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tileset

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users