• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#76 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE(Ica44 @ Sep 30 2012, 12:13 PM) View Post
Hey, if my cameo appears in a house of his own, can you add a poster to the wall with this:

Uh.. Den outa of Den!

-Egoraptor
Actually, I have you planned to appear in a public place, reading a book. However, I haven't chosen words for your character to say. So... do you want to quote that from a book (or something) when Link talks to you?

#77 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

Edited by Jamian, 02 October 2012 - 07:40 AM.

#78 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(Lightwulf @ Oct 1 2012, 01:41 PM) View Post

Actually, I have you planned to appear in a public place, reading a book. However, I haven't chosen words for your character to say. So... do you want to quote that from a book (or something) when Link talks to you?

Well, if you don't have anything already planned for me to say, you can just have me saying either:

This is the boopiniest book ever!

or

Uh.. dis book is gud. Den out of Den!

or maybe you can even have both icon_naughty.gif

#79 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

Can I be there? Make me a random guy called HA9 or Kinek.
I could look Like a Link in red clothes, with a darker skin tone, and without a hat. Make me say something wierd and Hail from the Gorons of Death mountains and all sort of stuff. I want some sort of link with Gorons.

#80 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

@Ica44: Nice! icon_smile.gif I'll implement that!

@klop422: Kinek sounds better.
You know, it's funny, I've taken quite an interest in Gorons lately (probably because of watching the Snowfall portion of Majora's Mask) and one thing I was considering was making a Goron Link, primarily with the hat and maybe the gloves, too.
Is that something you would like? Or should I just stick with a Link-like character talking about Gorons?

#81 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

I don't mind. just make sure that the Goron link
An interest in gorons hm? I just completed the Fire Temple in OOT. Gorons are the most awesome species in Zelda. Ever. In my opinion.

Anyway...
HA9 is my usual player character name in Zelda games
Kinek was an Idea for a name to give to a possible second player character in a Zelda game. I was originally planning on actually making a Zelda game of my own. I may make a thread about that sometime. Kinek was one of the three Playable characters, and one of the two who you must unlock. He was linked (pun not intended) to gorons. I got the name by playng around with the word "connect" as it is a synonym of "link"...

You chose what you want

#82 ABH15

ABH15

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

Is it too late for me to have a cameo???

Name: Glitch
Sprite: Pikachu. Possibly from explorers of time/darkness/sky?
Saying: Noooo! I'm a Pokemon again!

#83 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

@klop422: It's alright; if you prefer HA9, then it will be HA9. And to save time, I'm just going to go with your initial suggestion about a Link lookalike with no hat.

@ABH15: Nope. Not too late. icon_smile.gif I've left plenty of room.
I haven't seen those games before. I haven't even visited the DS section of Spriters Resource before! They only had Pokemon Mystery Dungeons 2 and 3, so I got the sprite sheet from 2. I'll see what I can do (though it won't be hard for me).

#84 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Did you ever add my character?

#85 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

Sure did, Cole!

If you play my Demo 2.1 from the recent Expo, when you reach the end of the raft tour, you will find a whole bunch of cameo characters on what I call End-of-Demo Island. Your character is an eyeball combo at the base of the island, near the raft dock.

Also, (not that anyone but me can see it right now) I've already placed him in Lost Traveler Town in the full quest.

Sorry I didn't indicate it here. icon_sorry.gif Yours was the only request that I received by PM. Good thing you asked! icon_smile.gif

Speaking of the Demo, for those of you that are interested, here's a list of character cameos and their locations in the Demo. Please note that they will not be in the exact same locations in the final quest; however, a few are shown on the islands that you will find them on.
Demo Cameo Character Locations:
Any other characters you see on the raft tour are not cameos. They are characters you will find on the island that you see them on, though not necessarily on the overworld.

Edited by Lightwulf, 03 December 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#86 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Hey, guys! Sorry for the delay on this.

I've been trying to get caught up on the quest before I proceeded with this, but I'm at a point where I could use one of you as an NPC in the library. (I've already decided who it will be, so please don't fight over it! icon_heh.gif)

So, without further ado, here are the latest cameo character additions to my quest:
IPB Image
(Please note that I used MS Paint to collage 3 different screenshots of the same screen in 3 different CSets to make this picture.)

@klop422: Please note that I put regular Link tiles next to your character's tiles just for comparison. The skin tone is slightly darker, but what do you think? Do you want it even darker than it is?

@ABH15: I went on Spriters Resource and downloaded a Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu sprite sheet from one of those games that you mentioned (I can't remember which; it's been a while since I downloaded it). Since the sprites were too big, I tried resizing them, but they didn't look good afterwards. So, I just used the pixel outline from the shrunken-down version and then referred to the regular size sprites when coloring. I also had to modify it by bending his left ear lower, lowering his tail down and off to the right, and making the sparkle in both eyes toward the center instead of leaving it in the upper-left pixel of both eyes. Oh, and 1 other modification, I didn't have any CSets with both yellow and red, so I had to use an "orangey" color for his cheeks.
Oh, and I made different versions: the first 2 sprites shown above are with mouth shut and mouth open; the third one is with the arm on the left raised and mouth open; the fourth is with eyes closed and head bowed. I was considering making one with both arms raised, but I'm not sure I need to since I can just use the first 2 sprites for talking and the fourth sprite before Link talks to him.
If you'd prefer that I use arm-up sprites (which one? or both), just let me know. Also, if you'd like him to be a different color other than yellow, let me know that as well and which color you prefer.

So, whaddaya guys think?

Edited by Lightwulf, 14 March 2013 - 06:53 PM.

#87 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

I think that the skin tone is fine, but the belt needs to stand out more.
Also, can the dark brown parts of his clothing be a bit lighter? I think that it would look a bit better.

Edited by klop422, 15 March 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#88 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

@klop422: How's this?
IPB Image

I lightened the sleeves as well as the belt.

#89 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Sounds pretty interesting! I'd like a cameo as my main OC (Platino) but he's a hard to sprite character and I've gotten a little case of the sprite lazies lately. So...

1. Join, the Hyrulean Thief
2. Look in my Loose Tiles.
3. Shove him in a tavern or public place somewhere, preferably not a house because he's not the houses type. A cool thing for him to say would be..."Thieves respect property. They merely wish the property to become their property that they may more perfectly respect it..." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Oh, and feel free to use any tiles in my looses for people's cameos or NPCs. They're all custom tiles which fit very nicely into a tileset created by a particularly talented canine of the community. :3 They could also be recolored easily as well.

#90 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Just wanted to say that those sprites look fine now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users