Official Game Achievements Thread

• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#76 Phoenix Fable

Phoenix Fable

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:59 PM

I beat the last part of the last mission of Radiant Dawn in 3 turns, without Nihils.

#77 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:27 AM

1. Achieving a Megalopolis in Simcity, for the SNES. Not on Map 0, either.

2. I made it to the last boss of Shining Force, without a strategy guide, in mid-August 2005. Katrina pwned my Sega Genesis before I could beat the game, though.

#78 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:28 AM

1. Beating all MMX1-3 bosses with only starting equipment (showed on YouTube).

2. Beating some Spark Man, Needle Man and such hard MM bosses with buster shot only (part of them on YouTube).

3. Beating all MMX8 bosses in a row without using ultimate dash or life tanks.

4. Beaten SSB in 20 minutes without continuing with Link (but Captain Falcon didn't appear).

5. 100%'d most of the stages in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

6. Beating Ultima VII and IX on Windows XP. Yes, on XP.

7. No-damage'd all characters with all characters in Evil Zone.

8. Beaten almost all Mario Lost Levels (SNES version) with constant running (no stop, no turn back, no hit).

#79 Moldorm

Moldorm

Magus

• Members

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:30 AM

Beating Matt on Wii Boxing. But believe me, it took lots and lots of patience. icon_sweat.gif

#80 Phoenix Fable

Phoenix Fable

Adept

• Members

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:51 AM

I cant believe I didn't say this one before. In SSB, I beat very hard mode with one life and without continuing. A friend of mine told me you get a new character if you beat this requirement with Mario, so I decided to take the challenge. Yeah it was hard, and I didnt unlock anything.

#81 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE(fuzzyman @ Apr 8 2008, 08:27 AM) View Post

1. Achieving a Megalopolis in Simcity, for the SNES. Not on Map 0, either.

2. I made it to the last boss of Shining Force, without a strategy guide, in mid-August 2005. Katrina pwned my Sega Genesis before I could beat the game, though.

Wait, another Shining Force player, here?! Awesome icon_biggrin.gif

#82 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:45 PM

I don't know how impressive it is, but I was proud of myself the other day for beating Target Test #5 in SSBB in under 20 seconds, without having seen anybody else do it before.

#83 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:05 AM

Just beat Mega Man 6 with using almost no save states on stages! At the first 7 stage, I didn't use cave states AT ALL. The last simple stage was Yamato Man.

#84 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:56 AM

In new super mario bros, I beat the final level in under a minute...

#85 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Apr 11 2008, 12:05 PM) View Post

Just beat Mega Man 6 with using almost no save states on stages! At the first 7 stage, I didn't use cave states AT ALL. The last simple stage was Yamato Man.

icon_shrug.gif I beat it on the NES... without cheating. Will that count as an accomplishment, then...?

#86 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:48 PM

Beaten the first mission in Splinter Cell Double Agent on XBOX with 100% stealth. But I guess it isn't a huge accomplishment.

#87 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:54 PM

Beat every challenge in SSBB.
Yup.

#88 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Apr 13 2008, 03:36 AM) View Post

icon_shrug.gif I beat it on the NES... without cheating. Will that count as an accomplishment, then...?

Yes. All of the original Mega Man games are so hard that beating them on their own system is a real accomplishment. Or... maybe it's just that I never played these games on NES... I learned about the MMX series only when I had the SNES for a long time, and at that time, I didn't know about the MM series... It was just a quick decision that I try if the MMs are any good... Maybe if I had them on NES, I wouldn't think this way. You know, if I can't beat a robot master the first time I fight it, I label it "hard", and if I can't do it even in 10 save state tries, I label it impossible... My concept is probably wrong... Since with this logic, I should call ALttP "impossible", too... despite the fact that I can 100% and zero death it without save states now...

But still, the MM games are very hard, nobody questions it. So, it's really an accomplishment.

#89 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 April 2008 - 12:57 PM

Beaten almost all MMX1 and X3 bosses with no damage and absolute no any upgrade, some even without charging or keeping away from the boss. Videos on YouTube.

#90 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:24 PM

3-hearted and no-upgraded Phantom Hourglass (at once) - not much of an accomplishment, but a bit hard in places. Running out of arrows and such was annoying in the final boss.
Got the Bonus Level for World 1 in YI DS without beating the game first (off topic: is it just me, or were the bonus and secret levels switched around? The secret levels are really hard).
Pokemon Diamond: Beat several gym leaders with a party consisting of Pokemon 7-9 levels below the gym leader's (I think it was Gyms 4-8 that I did that). Although that was more because I didn't bother to level up...
Pokemon Gold: Beat the Elite Four and PKMN Trainer Red around 56 times (in total, not each).
That's all I can remember right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users