89 replies to this topic

#61 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:55 PM

Episode 29 - A Whole New World

https://youtu.be/0bpixHpN13E

Looks like my whole "marathon the rest of the game" idea has met with a terrible fate...

• Lightwulf likes this

#62 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:46 AM

Level 8:

• Holy cow.  You totally beat the level without finding the amulet.   :eyeitus: ... Good job, I guess. (I think I have done that once, just to prove it could be done.)  Still, you were supposed to find the amulet.
  • Still, you passed right by a cracked barrel on the 4th floor that would've taken you down a couple of floors and back up a floor to find the amulet.  If you go back to level 8, from the starting screen of floor 4, don't take the shortcut up; go east, south, south, west, and slash the first barrel you come to. (Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't slash it when you passed it the first time.)
  • Boss?  Don't you remember the Fire Gleeok on floor 1?  In this level you beat the boss first before being able to explore the level!  Whaddaya' say to that?  :kawaii:  And yes, you did get a heart container from beating that thing.  'Twas a few episodes ago; that's why you might not remember.
  • Now that you've beaten level 8, don't be too sure that it's time to fight Ganon!  I'm just sayin'.  Exploration is good.  ;)

Seafarer Market:

• Sorry about that glitch making you stuck next to the old lady in the first house.  If you redownload the quest, I've already fixed that bug by moving her to another chair that's out of the walkway.

(This next section is so long, I'm putting it in a hidden tag:)

Lost Traveler Town:

Well, that's it for my episode review! :)

What To Do Next: (you have some options right now)

• Finish Exploring the Overworld - Here are some items on the Overworld (some hidden) that you haven't got yet:
    Spoiler
  • Explore the Underworld - There is much to be found!
    • There are many special map areas to be explored.  One you've been to is the Boulder Field in the southwest corner of the map.  See what others you can find! :)
    • Hal and Cecil hinted to you that boss-type enemies hold large amounts of rupees. ;)  Need cash?  Go out and beat any Dodongos, Gohmas, Gleeoks, etc. that you find!
    • Not only is level 9 located here, but there are a couple of side dungeons (with valuable items) and a sidequest involving someone from Monster Village (you'll see) and someone from Lost Traveler Town.
  • Focus on Finding Ganon - Talk to Sage Shane and pay 30 rupees.  He'll head you in the right direction.
  • Go Back and Find Items You Missed in Dungeons - Not sure if this interests you.  However, here are some items I believe you missed:
    Spoiler
  • Good luck, whatever your choice!   :)  (I hope I didn't overwhelm you with info. :unsure: )

Edited by Lightwulf, 03 June 2015 - 05:58 PM.

#63 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:14 PM

Episode 30 - Under the Underworld

https://youtu.be/SrhRZzMSCGY

Bedrock is only blocks away... dammit wrong game.

EDIT: I didn't think TK stood for Tom Kirby, I said Top Kirby, since I thought it was the user TK8305, but I can understand mishearing it.

Edited by GrantGreif, 03 June 2015 - 06:51 PM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#64 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:04 AM

White Woods:

• On the screen at 01:45, if you'd have bombed up instead of left, you should've found something. ;)  (If for some reason you don't, you'll find something there after re-downloading my quest file. :heh:)
    • If you use the Lens of Truth, you might find some places to use the candle.
    • There are a couple paths through the White Woods.  Pay close attention to which large trees have something behind them and which don't. Sometimes you'll see a (sometimes misty) walkway and other times you'll see trees or the bottoms of trees.  If you look carefully, you'll find pathways and sometimes hidden rupees.

Main Underworld:

• You like the hidden 50 rupees?  Pay attention to the walls of the Underworld and you may find more rupees hidden like that!
    • Gleeok -> 200 rupees - See what I was saying? ;)  Boss enemies in the Underworld guard cash!

Desert Ravine:

• Those first hookshot grabs you used, didn't you wonder what they were there for?  :eyebrow:  Look for a place to bomb.  (Hint is at 08:11.)
    • Yes, it's one of the (sort-of) side-dungeons I mentioned! :)  Good observation!
    • "Where do I need to go now?" - Did you notice the creepy eye above the door? (If you watch it, you'll see it blink.)  The door below it isn't a normal two-way door.  Go back inside it until you get to where there's lava and octoroks.  Notice what looks like reefs in the lava to the north?  Those are walkable here!

Cavern Cave:

• Yeah, that was a waste of a super bomb.   :unsure:  There's no secret there in the current version of this quest.  ... No worries, though; you'll be able to buy super bombs for cheap at the Monster Village shop!
    • Remember that guy you talked to.  He's a special cameo character that will appear again in this quest.

Monster Village:

• Wizzrobe Brothers - Uh, no, they were talking about their chief wizzrobe, Xanthis, whom you didn't meet yet.  If you listen to what Batty says (in his Transylvanian accent), he's talking about finding level 9; that's where their chief, Xanthis, is currently.
    • FYI, pretty much everyone in the monster village except the Elder and Glitch give you an important hint about something.

Where to go now:

• Continue exploring the Monster Village to find a bomb shop, a hidden rupee item, bomb upgrades (at Jabin's place), and the start of a side-quest that involves Lost Traveler Town.
    • Buy a red potion and then go back to the basement level of Desert Ravine (see above).  There are two important things in Desert Ravine: a Heart Piece (in a hidden cavern) and the Gold Ring.
    • Ultimately, where you go now is up to you.  Alternate destinations:
      • Continue exploring the Underworld and/or look for level 9.
      • Return to the Overworld, go to Harbor Town and swim up the waterfall to access the warp to the Underworld to get to the area you recently opened up (with the step trigger).
      • Continue exploring the Overworld.

Good luck on the next episode! :D

Edited by Lightwulf, 05 June 2015 - 01:41 PM.

#65 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:50 PM

Episode 31 - A Kidnapping!

https://youtu.be/tFOkbalIQTw

...But then he woke up.

• Lightwulf likes this

#66 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:29 AM

lol :lol: Nice joke! (And yeah, I got the Majora's Mask reference, too. ;) )

Monster Village:

• Giggidy is a cameo character that sends you on a sidequest to get a schoolgirl from Lost Travelers Town.  She is located in that big house that now has a boulder that broke down the back gate (which you entered from behind and said you didn't know what it was for).  Her name is TK. ;)  You can talk to her mom first, if you want; TK's mom is in the kitchen.  Ultimately, though, you'll have to take TK from her room.
    • Find Gary the Green Goriya in a cave "house" in Monster Village.  He has a thing or two to tell you about Giggidy!

Entrances to Underworld:

• There are 3 entrances to the Underworld.  The one you took was through Skull Rock to the west of the lighthouse.
    • Another one is through a whirlpool to the west of Gorblin Island (level 7).  Look for the three small islands arranged in a triangular fashion.
    • The last one is between Serpento Island and Egalos Island.  Look for a lone island with Moblins on it.  (I believe you found this place once before you had the complete Triforce.)

Big Island:

• Walkable Paths - If you search the northern end of Big Island, you'll find many secret, walkable mountain paths.  (Use the Lens of Truth (which uses magic, BTW) to find where you can walk.)  You found the Whistle Guru's cave.  There are other secret pathways you can find in the mountains where you see Tektites jumping or Peahats flying. (Normal walking enemies would've made the path obvious.)  Keep searching and you'll find a secret entrance in a tree; this leads to the Big Island Sewerways.
    • Swim-scrolling bugs - ... :doh: I thought I fixed all of those.  Honest. :heh:  I guess I didn't pay as much attention to Big Island as I should have when I was working on those fixes.  ... Well, I guess a quest update is in order.  Give me some time and I'll upload the update to the database.  I just uploaded an update with a fix for this, so it should post sometime soon.

Forest Island:

• There is a Heart Piece hidden in a bush on the screen of this island that the whistle takes you to.  It can only be reached using the flippers.

Lily Pad Island:

• Good job finding this place!  :D
    • However, you left this place too soon.  Examine the left wall and you'll find a place to walk.  The next room over has a hidden Heart Piece in it!

Burntree Island:  (the one with all the Lynels and grass on the island)

• I think if you held the Lens button down longer, it would show you that you need Wand Fire (and therefore both the Magic Book and the Wand) to burn down that lone, brown tree.
      • The Wand is found in the Ice Cavern south of level 6.  You get it after beating the boss there.
      • The Magic Book is hidden in Forest Island Cove (that one cave only reachable via swimming off the southeastern shore of Forest Island).  There's a path hidden in the shadows on an eastern cave wall inside the cove, but you first need to travel west to find the boss key before you can open the chest containing the book.
    • I think you'll want the secret hidden under the tree! :kawaii:  (It has to do with your magic.)  If you have trouble figuring things out down there, use the Lens.

Good luck! :D  I hope it's clear where TK lives.  Watch out for Giggidy, though.  He's weaker at the start of the battle, but gets tougher as the battle progresses.

#67 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:22 PM

Episode 32 - Giggidy

https://youtu.be/AVaxX1zcoMU

I honestly don't  know how I expected this battle to work, but I don't think it was this.

• Lightwulf likes this

#68 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:28 PM

Episode 33 - Quite a Spectacle

https://youtu.be/dpJebsJFYx8

It's time for the final dungeon!

• Lightwulf likes this

#69 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:37 PM

Sorry I couldn't finish episode 32 until now.  Good job, though!  :)  Even without talking to Gary the Green Goriya.  If you had, you would've known that Giggidy's location in the room was "magically" connected to the minimap.  But, the Lens works, too.

After kidnapping TK, I simulated as if you locked the door and broke the window out to escape.  The boulder knocking a whole through the fence was just a "natural" occurrence.

FYI, I had to use a number of DMaps and "Kill All Enemies" items paired with "Trigger" enemies in order to make that sidequest.  It was a lot of work, but I think it was worth it. :)  However, it's not really feasible to create a lot of sidequests in 2.10; you'd probably run out of DMaps after a while.

Ice Cavern:

• Good job getting the Wand! :)  You missed a heart piece in the boss room, though.
    • If you had gone through the warp, you would've opened up a shortcut to the entrance.
    • BTW, there's a second heart piece there as well.  From the room where you have to push the center block, go west and follow the path around.  Use the wand on the ice block in the last room you come to, and it will open the way south to the very last room.  Use the mirror shield to defeat the mirror-robes, and the heart piece is yours.

Episode 33:

Lavic Lake area:

• Just to remind you, you got there from the overworld on an island that had Moblins and Fire enemies on it.
    • Just up from the cave you exited from, there's a stash of rupees.  You switched screens so quickly that it didn't appear before you went back south.

Level 9:

• "Wizzrobe Medley Dungeon...?" - No.  Actually, for those first few screens, I mimicked the enemy layouts from a quest that came with version 2.10 called "210test".  It was basically the first quest but with implementing the enemies new to ZC at the time.  So, the enemies you meet in the rooms of this first area that mimic level 9 from Zelda 1 are the same from the "210test" quest.
    • "Mirror-robes and Wind-robes in the same room???" - You don't need to beat the enemies in that room.  Just skip it.
    • Another Bombable Wall - In the room to the west of the center (stairs) room, you can bomb to the west. ;)
    • Music - It's from a Super NES game called "Final Fantasy Mystic Quest".  It's supposed to be an easier RPG than the other Final Fantasy games, for those first getting into gaming to have an easier time.  Anyway, the music is from the final level, "Doom Castle".
    • Shoot the Statues - Yes, you do have to.  (Otherwise there would be no point to that room.)  Find the statue whose eye does not move; shoot that one. Edit:  Good job!  If you would've walked under the statue, you would've noticed it without the Lens.
    • "How do I..." get that chest? - See "Another Bombable Wall" above for the hint.
    • Pushable Blocks - Pay attention to the ground.  Push the rocks onto the patches of ground to open a secret.

I'll post more later...

#70 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:50 PM

Episode 34 - Gohma Party

https://youtu.be/EtzKaLs341k

It's always a good sign when you die to the mini-boss.

• Lightwulf likes this

#71 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:17 AM

Sorry it took me so long to finish the previous episode; I started summer school this week, so it's been hectic.

Here are comments for the rest of episode 33 and all of 34:

Goriya Statues:

• You figured it out right.  The reason it cycles so much is because of the proximity of the boomerang's hitbox to the secret combo; I think it overlaps if you're a couple combos or less from it.   :shrug:
    • Sorry it may hurt your eyes!   :sorry:  I added the textured combo after getting far in making the quest.  
    • Yeah, you only need to go through that once.  The other rooms you see there are only accessible via the boss-lock door and by using the golden arrow.

First Part of Level 9:

• You got everything in that area, now that you got the super bomb.  (I never intended for that block to move, BTW.  Otherwise, you could bypass the second entrance room.)  You don't need to go through that area any more.
    • If you start out at this area again, just exit and go through the second entrance (on the screen to the left of the fake Spectacle Rock) which you already unblocked.  Then, if you die (or save and continue), you'll return to that entrance instead of the first one.
    • "Split down the middle" - Good theory, but as you will see later, no, it's not.  Only those first 10 rooms and the room after the stairs actually look "classic", courtesy of Xanthis trying to trick Link into thinking it was the same as in the first quest of the original Zelda.  Other than that, there are 4 more rooms, in particular, that also have the "classic" look; I don't know if you realized that you found them (or three of them, so far) already. ;)

Pushblock Room:

• Yaaaay!   :kawaii:  You finally figured it out!  Good job!
    • BTW, now that you used the key, it opened a path around the room so you don't have to push the blocks any more.  ... You can thank me later for that.  :slycool:

Mini-Boss Room:

• You are right in that it is a mini-boss.  Does the room look familiar?  :slycool:  From the first Zelda quest, perhaps? ;)
    • However, be forewarned that this is not the only mini-boss in the dungeon!  You might wanna' go get a red potion.
      • You can get a red potion in Lost Travelers Town, or you can find a Moblin's potion shop on screen 38, one screen the east and one screen to the north of the upper-right corner of the White Woods.  However, the potions there are more pricey.
      • If you want, you could also go to the shops on Egalos Island, Mount Island Village, or the hidden potion shop on Big Island (before level 6) on the Overworld.  It's up to you.

Where to Go Now (In Level 9):  You actually have a couple of directions you can go.  They are as follows:

• (1) You can go back to battle the mini-boss you died to.  If you haven't left the level, there should only be one of the Gohmas left; you killed the other two.
    • (2) Rather than heading that direction, you can go back to the big room with lava and Darknuts.  Go to the upper screen. You can use the ladder to cross to the right-hand side of the screen and go back down to continue the dungeon.
    • Also, in the upper screen of the room just mentioned, you can locate the ladder path in the middle-left of the screen that leads to the stairs in the upper-right corner.  You have to push the boulder to get by, and it leads to a super bomb.  Don't get this yet if you can't carry it.  You'll have to use super bombs to get by one of the later rooms you'll come to, so you can get this one after you've used one or two.

HINT:  Eventually you will come to a room with tons of shooting statues.  

Click here if you are stumped on what to do in that room
    Good luck with the rest of the level!   :D  If you're sly, you might get to the boss in the next episode, though it may take longer if you go find the compass (and the hidden room above it).

Edited by Lightwulf, 21 June 2015 - 04:22 AM.

#72 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:35 PM

Episode 35 - Sleeping on the Job

https://youtu.be/6lAASL9bxgc

All this adventuring stuff really takes a lot out of you...

• Lightwulf likes this

#73 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:45 PM

"Not the room [you're supposed] to be in":

• No, it's not.  That path only leads to the second super bomb item.

Fake Zelda Room:

• Xanthis made it look like the original Zelda room from the first quest of Zelda 1.  However, as you saw, it's not Zelda.
    • That big thing is a giant boss-lock chest.  You'll have to find the boss key and return.  (BTW, there's nothing else in that room besides that.)
    • Good job finding the bombable wall to the south!  However, it's a shortcut that is only accessible by using the boss key, but it's very useful when you're going back to get the big chest.
    • Also, you must have killed the last Gohma right when you got killed.  That's the only explanation for them not being there.  If this were not so, there would be 1 of them left.

Bubbles:

• The Fire Boomerang is the only item that stuns Bubbles.  It doesn't kill them, though, unfortunately.
      • BTW, that room with the Bubble you mentioned that has blocks that appear and disappear when you step on certain tiles, you can't go north from there.  You have to come up through the stairs from the floor below. 
      • "What's even the point?" - The point is that you can move easier throughout the room when the other blocks are gone.  That's all.  Nothing super special.  (It might make killing the enemies easier.)

Hammer Room:

• Look around you.  What do you see (ignoring the statues and enemies)?  A whole bunch of hammer posts.  What item do you use to hit them? ...  Good.  Now, what item do you suppose you should use on the statue encircled by Lens hints?  :snide:  
    • You're not supposed to push the statue.  If you were, you'd see either the power bracelet or the gauntlets when using the Lens.
    • Still don't get it?  Well, what item is mentioned in the title above this bullet list?  What item did I underline?

If you still don't get it:

What's to Come:

• The Basement (Floor B1)
    • You can go several directions.  If you want to go north, you can use the Lens of Truth to find what to hit and with what item.
      • One of the paths will take you to the Boss Key, another path will take you to the Compass, and the other path will take you to an optional item and a Heart Piece.  (But know this: you'll need almost every item in the game to get the Heart Piece.)
      • In order to get the Boss Key, there's a mini-boss that might require you to use a red potion to defeat it (unless you're super good at beating that type of enemy).
      • Once you have the Boss Key, return to the big chest to get the dungeon item.

Good luck! :D  May the pounding-force be with you! ;)

#74 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:37 PM

Episode 36 - The Death Knight

https://youtu.be/4wmk12KNo_s

If there's one thing I hate more than Cracktoroks, it's Gyorg from Majora's Mask.  What was I talking about?

#75 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:22 PM

Hint: fire boomerang is your best friend. Stuns just about anything, including you know what.

Can try laying the 2nd bomb quickly after getting the first one on the dodongo. Done correctly, you'll stun them with the blast. The hit with sword to get bomb refills.

Not sure what your frame rate is at (30 or 60). Maybe try to go to the other to see if the flickering with Link getting hit gets better

Music is from final fantasy mystic quest. I think doom castle is the place in the game

Edited by pixcalibur, 28 June 2015 - 11:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users