Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

Looks amazing!
Really looking forward to this!

#62 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

Hey, are you guys looking for any more additional spriters? I noticed you guys said you needed more NPSs and enemies and I couldn't resist asking! I've worked on projects like Fairy Dream and I'm a freelance pixel artist, so quality won't be an issue. An enemy, boss, more tiles...Anything to get the tileset out into the public quicker!

Edited by DragonDePlatino, 08 March 2014 - 05:04 PM.

#63 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

Hey, are you guys looking for any more additional spriters? I noticed you guys said you needed more NPSs and enemies and I couldn't resist asking! I've worked on projects like Fairy Dream and I'm a freelance pixel artist, so quality won't be an issue. An enemy, boss, more tiles...Anything to get the tileset out into the public quicker!

Hey, if you want you can send me, Supindahood, Linkus or Sheik some examples of your work through PM's. I know I'd love to see what you've got, and chances are we could use some help here and there. Go for it!

#64 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:56 PM

How is it coming along :3

#65 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

How is it coming along :3

From what I've been allowed to see, the overworld, castle and interior tilesets are complete enough for a quest and there are enough dungeon tiles to create a reasonable dungeon. Enemy and Link sprites may or may not have been finished and I'm not sure if the item sprites have been started. To be honest, I'm not really sure what's been finished and what hasn't. I'm on NPC design but the other devs have been a bit quiet on exactly what they need.

Edited by DragonDePlatino, 25 March 2014 - 04:33 PM.

#66 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

From what I've been allowed to see, the overworld, castle and interior tilesets are complete enough for a quest and there are enough dungeon tiles to create a reasonable dungeon. Enemy and Link sprites may or may not have been finished and I'm not sure if the item sprites have been started. To be honest, I'm not really sure what's been finished and what hasn't. I'm on NPC design but the other devs have been a bit quiet on exactly what they need.

I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, but we don't think you'd be a good fit for the team. But we might consider including your work in our release extras.

I'll gladly post some more screenshots here, and I will remind myself to do that in a short amount of days, when I am at my workplace.

Some new information about the tileset:

- Overworld tileset is still finished.

- Dungeon tileset already has a bunch of sets, and additional dungeon sets will be made and released after the tileset has released. 

- Interior tileset, same as above.

- Link sprites and Items are finished 100% thanks to Relic's recent work.

- Enemies and NPCs have been started on long ago, and will need some more time to be fully finished. 

- This week I've taken a lot of time to reorganise the entire combo page and every tile page of the tileset file, and also made it playable for testing.

Looking forward to release this thing for you guys.

• Jared, Mero and Embc93 like this

#67 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, but we don't think you'd be a good fit for the team.

Ah, well, I guess I could see that coming...I suppose I'll just get back to working on Koten and my commisions, then.  :|

#68 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:00 AM

I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, but we don't think you'd be a good fit for the team. But we might consider including your work in our release extras.

I'll gladly post some more screenshots here, and I will remind myself to do that in a short amount of days, when I am at my workplace.

Some new information about the tileset:

- Overworld tileset is still finished.

- Dungeon tileset already has a bunch of sets, and additional dungeon sets will be made and released after the tileset has released. 

- Interior tileset, same as above.

- Link sprites and Items are finished 100% thanks to Relic's recent work.

- Enemies and NPCs have been started on long ago, and will need some more time to be fully finished. 

- This week I've taken a lot of time to reorganise the entire combo page and every tile page of the tileset file, and also made it playable for testing.

Looking forward to release this thing for you guys.

Need/want someone to make some screens to post?
I'd be glad to :3

also I really look forward to seeing some new screens!

#69 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

Need/want someone to make some screens to post?
I'd be glad to :3

also I really look forward to seeing some new screens!

Thanks for the offer, but screenshot creators is not something we're looking for.

When the tileset is released however, you are free to create as many screenshots as you want and post them anywhere :)

#70 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

Question Jonathan, what palette structure are you guys using for this?

#71 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

Thanks for the offer, but screenshot creators is not something we're looking for.

When the tileset is released however, you are free to create as many screenshots as you want and post them anywhere :)

well no shit when its release :P

good luck on the rest of the tileset ^_^

• Jared likes this

#72 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

Question Jonathan, what palette structure are you guys using for this?

Here's our palette setup: (Three first rows being overworld-main palette, rest being sprite-main)

palette.png

#73 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

Nice palette setup. Very organized, I like this. I'm sincerely hoping this is released soon. I'd love to have my hands on this tileset. Not that DoR is bad, because it's also an awesome tileset, but because I feel like this would be easier and more stylistic to make a quest with. By the base screenshots, it appears that customization is a big thought in your heads when you started this project, and because of this, I'm in 100% support.

• Avaro likes this

#74 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:18 AM

Nice palette setup. Very organized, I like this. I'm sincerely hoping this is released soon. I'd love to have my hands on this tileset. Not that DoR is bad, because it's also an awesome tileset, but because I feel like this would be easier and more stylistic to make a quest with. By the base screenshots, it appears that customization is a big thought in your heads when you started this project, and because of this, I'm in 100% support.

Thanks! Yes you are right, customization and simplicity is something we want this tileset to have. I'm adding both simple setup and advanced versions of many tiles, because I want everyone to be able to use the set, and it can be used in different ways.

#75 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:15 AM

Thanks! Yes you are right, customization and simplicity is something we want this tileset to have. I'm adding both simple setup and advanced versions of many tiles, because I want everyone to be able to use the set, and it can be used in different ways.

We also have plans for a version of the tileset that works with more detailed "textures". Remember this SotW screen? These mountains will come in a bonus package release that supports diagonals, big trees, probably textured grass, dirt and water as well. It would be a very different look, more of the likes of the DoR tileset (not the contemporary DoR/MC blend but the original SD3 esque DoR2.0). I think this could be very interesting.

Supindahood.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FireBird, Tileset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users