Zelda Classic 2.50

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#61 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

This site is still a thing?

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

I think I found a bug. The keyboard is screwed up in the buffer editor. You can not type an equals sign, and right bracket is backslash while left bracket is right bracket. I'm sure this also applies to the string editor as well.

Edit: Yeah it also happens in the string editor.

Edited by King Harkinian, 22 December 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#62 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Okay, anyone seeing build 23, here's a direct download link, just to make certain you're getting the right one. If this still gives you 23, well, I really don't know what to say.
http://www.shardstor.../zc-250-win.zip

QUOTE(King Harkinian @ Dec 22 2012, 09:07 AM) View Post

Is the about text supposed to be updated? I downloaded 2.50 from the link at the beginning of the thread, and the about text in Zquest still says ZQuest v2.50 Build 24.

That's what it should say. RC5 was build 23, this is build 24.

QUOTE(King Harkinian @ Dec 22 2012, 09:29 AM) View Post
I think I found a bug. The keyboard is screwed up in the buffer editor. You can not type an equals sign, and right bracket is backslash while left bracket is right bracket. I'm sure this also applies to the string editor as well.

Try this: http://forums.clones...acket-t208.html

#63 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

This site is still a thing?

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Dec 22 2012, 09:41 AM) View Post

Okay, anyone seeing build 23, here's a direct download link, just to make certain you're getting the right one. If this still gives you 23, well, I really don't know what to say.
http://www.shardstor.../zc-250-win.zip
That's what it should say. RC5 was build 23, this is build 24.
Try this: http://forums.clones...acket-t208.html

Thanks. I though it said build 24 in RC5. My bad.

#64 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

I think people are looking at different areas in ZQ. To see if you have the right one, go edit an item and check to see if there are 25 Script Counters (which would be the right one) or if you still have 10 Script Counters, then that's RC5.

Under Quest -> Header it lists this ZQ Build as 23. But if you go to Etc -> About it says Build 24

#65 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE(HylianGlaceon @ Dec 22 2012, 12:43 PM) View Post

I think people are looking at different areas in ZQ. To see if you have the right one, go edit an item and check to see if there are 25 Script Counters (which would be the right one) or if you still have 10 Script Counters, then that's RC5.

Under Quest -> Header it lists this ZQ Build as 23. But if you go to Etc -> About it says Build 24

... and these script counters, are under the "Scripts" tab of the Item Editor, yes? (Because where else could they be.) I'm still looking at D0 through D7 here, and the Etc -> About pane does indeed say Build 24. What Script counter area are you referring to, please?

Just so we're all on the same page, y'know.

#66 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

So I'm guessing the texts (In ZQ's String Editor) that are unfinished will stay unfinished?

#67 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(HylianGlaceon @ Dec 22 2012, 12:43 PM) View Post

Oh, yeah, that may well be it. The base quest was last updated in RC5, so that will still say build 23 until the quest has been saved.

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Dec 22 2012, 01:29 PM) View Post
... and these script counters, are under the "Scripts" tab of the Item Editor, yes? (Because where else could they be.) I'm still looking at D0 through D7 here, and the Etc -> About pane does indeed say Build 24. What Script counter area are you referring to, please?

The counter reference in the pickup tab.

QUOTE(Jared @ Dec 22 2012, 01:29 PM) View Post
So I'm guessing the texts (In ZQ's String Editor) that are unfinished will stay unfinished?

Yep.

#68 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

I honestly see that as laziness. If they're not going to be finished, at least take them out...

#69 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Dec 22 2012, 12:39 PM) View Post

I honestly see that as laziness. If they're not going to be finished, at least take them out...

I don't see that as laziness... they should just be left there for the hell of it.

#70 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

They were taken from official games where they were used for specific purposes, and, for those purposes, they work fine. They just didn't create more characters than they needed.
Anyway, some quests already use them, so we can't really remove them.

#71 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Yeah, some quests even use Amulet 2, so that's good to leave it in there.

And yeah, Saffith's right, that's what I meant with the Script Counters, in the pickup tab thingy. I don't even script, but I still use them.

#72 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

[b]Zelda Classic 2.50 stable.[b] Accepted, tested some, liked, pleased so far. No complaints.
If I had the time, I would make a short (8 dungeons) welcome quest, alas, I barely have time for my main project nowadays.

I will be OK with it for an eternity, so no rush about a 2.51b11, but if it ever comes, could it have true unicode pretty please? I'm glad that I can write signs like / = : & and such normally, as opposed to in 2.10, but I still can't write é ő ü í and such in strings.

#73 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Someone should create a minute or so long trailer/video showcasing ZC and all its features. I think that could potentially bring in some new users or bring back some old ones.

Also, I think it's about time for some new 2.50 tilesets to stimulate more quest development. icon_smile.gif I was working on extending the PTUX tileset to include the 2.50 features a few years ago, but got busy and moved away from ZC. I don't have as much free time these days. icon_frown.gif

#74 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

Just saw this topic. I'm SO glad to see 2.5 finally go stable! icon_biggrin.gif You guys deserve a vacation. Take a break for a good year or two. You all need it. icon_wink.gif

#75 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

Congraturation! This build is happy end. Thank you.
Being the wise and courageor developers that you are, you feel strongth welling. In your code. Return to starting line, script again!

No but seriously, congratulations (it's hard to look at this word properly now xD) on making it to a full stable build once more. I may not use this program for development anymore, but I'm happy to see this day come after such a long time. Even if it wasn't much, I'm glad I was able to contribute what I could toward this release. I look forward to see where this program will go in the future; until then....WE'RE RIVALS >:3.

Edited by Koh, 24 December 2012 - 09:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users