Kirby's Adventure Tileset

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#61 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:05 AM

I'm not planning on ripping any tiles, sorry guys.

Well, unless I have to rip some other kirby sprites that you've missed for the scripts or something.

I am still scripting away though, don't worry.

Edited by Joe123, 09 July 2008 - 02:05 AM.

#62 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE(Zemious @ Jul 8 2008, 07:46 PM) View Post

I only ask that Blaman send Joe123 the tileset so he can work on it and that he take over in your steed, grabbing tiles and stuff. icon_razz.gif

I really want to see this thing get finished so I can work in it.
Blaman, if you don't feel like grabbing anymore, I'll be happy to take over bro .. but just keep us updated daily.. seriously. icon_wink.gif

Joe123 has it, doesn't he? I still have mine, so if he does need me to send it to him, I can do that too. As for updating daily, that'll be difficult for me, since I don't have ready access to the internet. But, I'll definately be on several times during the week. Sorry.

I've got all of the 5th area ripped, I just need to grab them into ZC right now. That's shouldn't be too hard to do, since alot of the tiles tend to be duplicates of previous levels. Essentially, I'm just arranging the palettes,which isn't too bad. I should be done around the end of the week. Then I'll get started on the 6th area.

Edited by blaman, 09 July 2008 - 10:39 AM.

#63 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:50 PM

A minor update. I've managed to grab 5-3 into ZC now, and have started a bit o 5-4. If it's not to much trouble, would someone be able to start ripping Rainbow Resort? It'll be awhile before I get there, and it'll get done a bit faster. I just need the rips themselves, I can do the grabs.

Sorry for the double post, by the way.

#64 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(blaman @ Jul 10 2008, 02:50 PM) View Post

A minor update. I've managed to grab 5-3 into ZC now, and have started a bit o 5-4. If it's not to much trouble, would someone be able to start ripping Rainbow Resort? It'll be awhile before I get there, and it'll get done a bit faster. I just need the rips themselves, I can do the grabs.

Sorry for the double post, by the way.

I wouldn't mind doing that, I've been bored out of my mind lately anyway. icon_razz.gif Also, I've been working on a little thing of my own involving a Kirby tileset but it's focusing on the two GB Kirbys, we could combine both projects into one if that's okay with AgentLym anyway.

Edited by Naldrag, 10 July 2008 - 03:19 PM.

#65 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

That'd be appreciated! icon_biggrin.gif It's just that I've got alot going on right now, and I don't get much time to work on the project much, but I'm getting as much time into it as I can fit.

#66 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:16 PM

Here's a few I found on TSR.

Rainbow Resort Stage Select
Rainbow Resort 2
Rainbow Resort 5
Rainbow Resort 6

As for some of the work I've done with KDL, I'll post some screenshots. icon_razz.gif As I assume if we can get it mixed in to the same project AgentLym would want to see some.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Naldrag, 10 July 2008 - 04:56 PM.

#67 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

Thanks for the links! Now it'll be alot more manageable.
Those screens are pretty good. You say they're the tiles in Kirby's Dream Land? Like, the one for the GB?

EDIT: The last two links only lead me to the button used to get to the sheet.

Edited by blaman, 10 July 2008 - 04:28 PM.

#68 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:27 PM

Yea, they're from Dream Land 1. Just recolored them with Vegetable Valley's pallette. icon_razz.gif

#69 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:27 PM

Hey guys, check this place out:
http://www.drshnaps....s/ksprites.html

These are cool as well:
http://sdb.drshnaps....AMEnemiesKA.gif

#70 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

That is one awsome site. Nice find! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for the link!
Those sprites are pretty cool too. Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by blaman, 10 July 2008 - 04:35 PM.

#71 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:55 PM

Hey guys! Well, here I am in Canada, eh! (just a little joke... icon_razz.gif Don't kill me, Canadians)

Turns out the hotel has a business center (couldn't bring my laptop or the kirby quest, so I can't work on it...)!

Well, even if I can't work on the quest, I'll be here... maybe not till Saturday, though, as this place is pretty crowded most of the time...

=====================================

@ Naldrag

Hey! Nice GB screens! I wonder... do you still have the black and white ones along with the recolored ones?
I'm not totally sure on the idea to merge the two quests, but I think it would be a good idea and I could help with yours! (once mine is completed, of course) Do you guys think it would be better to merge the quests or stay separate and a little more organized...?

But, that would be cool to have a black and white version along with color... although that same effect could probably be done with a new palette... But it also looks like Kirby's Dream Land has a few tiles mine doesn't... I, personally, think the set could benefit by being merged.

But, either way, nice work!

@ blaman

Thanks for keeping up with working while I'm on vacation! icon_heh.gif

I know that ripping takes alot of patience and perseverance...

@ Joe123

And thanks to you for working on the scripts! No kirby tileset could function without those! (I also know that scripting takes alot of patience and perseverance... at least, for me it does)

@ Zemious

Nice find! I was just at DrShnaps a few days ago, but didn't find anything of too much interest.

@ EVERYBODY

Thanks to you all for helping! I thought I'd get stuck doing this quest by myself, but you guys are making things boatloads easier! And don't worry, I'll be crediting you guys very highly! Even you, Naldrag, if the quests merge... well, crediting you wouldn't be enough, since you basically created your own tileset...

Well, thanks again, and see yous later!

#72 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:58 PM

blaman, I fixed those last two links for you. icon_razz.gif

QUOTE(AgentLym)
@ Naldrag

Hey! Nice GB screens! I wonder... do you still have the black and white ones along with the recolored ones?
I'm not totally sure on the idea to merge the two quests, but I think it would be a good idea and I could help with yours! (once mine is completed, of course) Do you guys think it would be better to merge the quests or stay separate and a little more organized...?

But, that would be cool to have a black and white version along with color... although that same effect could probably be done with a new palette... But it also looks like Kirby's Dream Land has a few tiles mine doesn't... I, personally, think the set could benefit by being merged.

But, either way, nice work!

Well I guess it's almost official then, we're partners. icon_razz.gif Yea I have the black and white ones as well. They're in a seperate pallette. PM me to the tileset and I'll start working on the KDL 1 & 2 sprites in it. I'll also help with KA related stuff if need be.

Edited by Naldrag, 10 July 2008 - 05:03 PM.

#73 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:13 PM

Did you complete those tilesets already? It would probably be best if we waited till I got back home, I updated my tileset with blaman's, then add yours. (so that I don't have to re-rip all of blaman's work into the one me and you merged)

Also, KDL 3 would be AWESOME! (I think it would be, anyways) I love the KDL 3 style, all water-colorish like it is....

wait... *checking tSR*

DANG IT! That's SNES graphics.... well, another tileset, for another day, I suppose. I might rip those later... a lot later. I do need some practice with 8-bit mode, I suppose.

Anyways, yeah, we should probably wait till me and blaman get the QST updated, then add yours.

This is gonna be the best tileset ever! (right next the the New DoR, of course icon_razz.gif )

Well, gotta go. (outta the business center...) See you guys later! (Maybe tomorrow, definitely sometime Saturday)

#74 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:20 PM

Haven't got the tileset finished yet, still working on Green Greens right now. icon_razz.gif

#75 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:17 AM

Wouldn't it be best to finish making the Kirby's Adventure tileset first, then start merging and things?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users