Photo

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Discussion Thread!

• Please log in to reply
1394 replies to this topic

#61 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Aug 28 2009, 06:02 PM) View Post

Although I am with you that the first generation had the best Pokemon. I remember watching that stupid TV show of it when I was five all the time. That alone has made me very biased about the first generation's superiority. icon_razz.gif

I always watched it, too. Even rewatching it on the DVD boxsets, I still enjoy it. Of course it's not as great as it used to be for me, but still enjoyable. The new seasons, though... Oh boy. It's not because I'm biased, they're just terrible.
QUOTE(dlbrooks34 @ Aug 28 2009, 04:35 PM) View Post

Speaking of new stuff, think they'll add any more TM's or HM's or more moves and stuff?

Probably not anything that we haven't seen before in another way, shape or form. HMs, most likely not. They've been just about the same since the beginning because they're used to get around places. There will always be surf, cut, fly, waterfall and rock smash for sure. Other ones that vary between games are like dive, strength and defog. I think rock climb was new for D/P. I'm probably wrong though icon_razz.gif

#62 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:17 PM

Whirlpool will probably make it's return as an HM, too. icon_razz.gif

#63 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:21 PM

Yeah? Was that originally in Gold/Silver? I've only played through the beginning (maybe three hours or so) because I borrowed it once, but I haven't owned them personally, so I'm vague on things like that.

#64 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(Golden Chocobo @ Aug 28 2009, 07:21 PM) View Post

Yeah? Was that originally in Gold/Silver? I've only played through the beginning (maybe three hours or so) because I borrowed it once, but I haven't owned them personally, so I'm vague on things like that.

Yea, it was. Though they might not bring it back. They have dive now, and stuff. But I'd rather see whirlpool make it's return. >_>

#65 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:38 PM

Hm. That's sad. I'd like to experience that. You'd think the remake would keep the same HMs, suggesting that the general layout of areas are similar to what they used to be.

#66 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:29 PM

I think the areas do have the general shape, but you know, they're adding things to the areas, like they did on Fire Red and Leaf Green.

#67 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:14 PM

The only sort of revival I can see in the next generation of Pokémon would be if at least 50% of the next 100 or so looked good AND were useful. A tall order, but it's just getting a little too out of hand. I'm actually not that hardcore a Pokémon fan. I played Red, gt Stadium some 7 years later, and then...got Pearl, followed by LeafGreen. Soul Silver will be my last, ayup. The only other way to make a revival would be not add anymore Pokémon, no, but to make it more real time! That, my friends, done right, could keep the fandom alive for maybe another 15 years. icon_wink.gif

#68 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE(SwordOfSeals @ Aug 28 2009, 09:14 PM) View Post

The only sort of revival I can see in the next generation of Pokémon would be if at least 50% of the next 100 or so looked good AND were useful. A tall order, but it's just getting a little too out of hand.

No, no. That's not a tall order at all. In fact, it should be higher than that. 75% of the next generation should be useful. If you have a game where half of the stuff in it isn't useful, then you're not left with much to choose from >_> It wouldn't be all that great, either.

#69 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE(SwordOfSeals @ Aug 28 2009, 10:14 PM) View Post

The only sort of revival I can see in the next generation of Pokémon would be if at least 50% of the next 100 or so looked good AND were useful. A tall order, but it's just getting a little too out of hand. I'm actually not that hardcore a Pokémon fan. I played Red, gt Stadium some 7 years later, and then...got Pearl, followed by LeafGreen. Soul Silver will be my last, ayup. The only other way to make a revival would be not add anymore Pokémon, no, but to make it more real time! That, my friends, done right, could keep the fandom alive for maybe another 15 years. icon_wink.gif

Real time Pokemon...image how THAT would work out =). Flamethrowers flying from all corners of the screen....waterguns shooting from nowhere.....confuse rays flying into the screen. Hrmm.....

#70 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:08 AM

Play Dissidia: Final Fantasy. It's basically just like that, but I'm SO loving it! icon_biggrin.gif

#71 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:19 AM

What they need to do is have bigger battles, like four on four, with a real time health meter like the EB series has. That would be awesome.

#72 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:01 AM

Four on four would be way too crowded o_O
Stuff would be flying everywhere and things would just get really messy. I think two on two is good enough.

#73 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:55 AM

If they had a 3d battle system that'd be soo cool though.

Edited by Christian, 29 August 2009 - 07:44 AM.

#74 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:32 AM

They do, on the Coliseum games if I'm not mistaken.

#75 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE(dlbrooks34 @ Aug 29 2009, 08:32 AM) View Post

They do, on the Coliseum games if I'm not mistaken.

I was talking about if they had it on the portable systems. Like instead of the 2d battle system, they'd convert it to 3d instead. Similiar to how they did it with the coliseum games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users