Photo

Zelda Classic 2.50.1

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61 Local_Droog

Local_Droog

• Members

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:44 PM

So are they ever going to make Zquest work for windows 8? Id really love that and if not do you think we could ask Armageddon games for a source code to ZC and update it ourselfs? (sorry if this is a dumb question I've worked with zquest but never had an account on here )

#62 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:58 PM

The latest version of ZQuest actually does work on Windows 8. I am running Windows 8 and it works just fine for me.

#63 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

I don't use win8, but users report that it does work fine. I don't know if there's anything relevant that might be useful in a FAQ, and AFAIK there isn't one. Are you using the most recent version, ie; 2.5 ?

[edit] ninja'd.

#64 LReyome254

LReyome254

Initiate

• Members

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:30 PM

God dam chrome saying its malicious...
CHROME PLZ!

Ty for this!
Much love!!

Chrome thinks everything is malicious nowadays. The best workaround is unchecking "Enable phishing and malware protection" in Advanced Options

#65 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

Is it just something up on my end, or is there a glitch with the Tall Grass combos? They use the Bush Leaves sprite when cut instead of the Grass Clippings like they're supposed to.

#66 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:47 PM

Check the combo to be sure it is set as the Tall Grass type. It could just be set up wrong in general. If not, go into Quest>Graphics>Sprites>Weapons/Misc and make sure the Grass Clippings graphics are set up to the right tiles. (It'll be labelled "MISC: Grass Clippings")

#67 LReyome254

LReyome254

Initiate

• Members

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:24 PM

Maybe someone with Windows 8 can tell me why zquest-w.exe and zelda-w.exe do not close properly when you select Quit, and need to be force closed via Task Manager

Edited by LReyomeXX, 17 March 2015 - 09:25 PM.

#68 Limebeer

Limebeer

• Members

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:17 PM

Maybe someone with Windows 8 can tell me why zquest-w.exe and zelda-w.exe do not close properly when you select Quit, and need to be force closed via Task Manager

It's not just a windows 8 problem. I sometimes have to do it as well and I use Windows 7

#69 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:54 PM

I can confirm that it happens occasionally on 7, and even on Vista.

Also, regarding my issue with the grass clippings sprite not being used where it's supposed to, I've checked and it's drawing the Bush Leaves sprite instead. I have everything set up correctly, and the Combo Types are all correct, it's just using Bush Leaves instead of Grass Clippings.

#70 Limebeer

Limebeer

• Members

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

hmm, that's weird... what tileset are you using?

#71 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:29 PM

It's a tileset that I've been making myself, from scratch. I copied the GBC leaves by hand into the quest file, and set the Bush Leaves sprite to the new tile. I also set the Grass Clippings sprite to the tile as well. I decided after testing it in-game that the leaves looks rather big for cutting up grass, and made a new tile with a different graphic on it. I switched the Grass Clippings sprite to the new tile, saved everything, went to test it in-game, and it still was using the Bush Leaves graphic I had set before. I checked everything a few more times to make sure that it was set to the new tile, as well as saved in ZQuest and loaded properly in ZC, and everything checks out. Zelda Classic is just using the Bush Leaves sprite for the Tall Grass combo instead of the Grass Clippings sprite like it's supposed to.

#72 Limebeer

Limebeer

• Members

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:22 PM

okay, it could be possible that you just need to reload the quest file, so you will probably have to delete the current saved game you have for testing it in the launcher and reload the quest.

#73 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:48 PM

Okay, now that college finals are over, I have more time to mess around on my quest. Anyways, I just wanted to confirm that the Tall Grass combo is indeed glitched, where it uses the Bush Leaves sprite instead of the Grass Clippings like it's supposed to. Everything on my end has been checked and double-checked, eliminating user error, and deleting/reloading the quest file does not fix the issue at all.

#74 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:01 PM

Could you send me your quest? I'm not seeing that problem, and I don't see how it might be happening.

#75 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:36 PM

https://www.mediafir...11rfvv2rx1la995

Here's my most recent quest file. The tall grass clippings are supposed to be slightly smaller than the bush leaves, but the bush leaves appear instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users