The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• Please log in to reply
1641 replies to this topic

#61 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

Well, for a long time, you've been able to rename Link based off of what you have as the save file.  It's very plausible that Aonuma is just referencing that. :P

Or, it could be like a Demise/Ganon sort of thing.  It maybe not be Link... but it's the person who will become Link?

#62 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

That's an interesting idea, but then it'd have to be before SS, and I wanna say there weren't any great human heroes before that time. Didn't the story basically go World created->Demise appears->Hylia sends people skyward->Link? Doesn't seem like there's any room to fit another hero in there, but who knows. They've done it before.

#63 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

I wanna say there weren't any great human heroes before that time.

Hylia's hero. He was a thing.

#64 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:13 PM

Or, it could be like a Demise/Ganon sort of thing.  It maybe not be Link... but it's the person who will become Link?

This reminds me a lot of Morrowind. "You are not the Nerevarine, but you may become the Nerevarine, but you won't be the Nerevarine unless you do this, but you are the Nerevarine".

#65 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:29 PM

Skyward Sword already confirmed that the "spirit of the hero" passes on through each new generation. It didn't necessarily imply Link. Nintendo has hinted in the past they wanted to change Link's and Zelda's roles.

Maybe it's Zelda? :tard:

Edited by Charizard, 10 June 2014 - 09:31 PM.

• Demonlink and David like this

#66 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:46 PM

Skyward Sword already confirmed that the "spirit of the hero" passes on through each new generation. It didn't necessarily imply Link. Nintendo has hinted in the past they wanted to change Link's and Zelda's roles.

Maybe it's Zelda? :tard:

That's true. They have hinted at that. So maybe it's just a different type of Link or something like that. But of course, we probably won't find out until the release of the game. xD :D

And lol. :P

#67 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:06 PM

That's true. They have hinted at that. So maybe it's just a different type of Link or something like that. But of course, we probably won't find out until the release of the game. xD :D

And lol. :P

Damn it, it's Link's brother, Phil the guy with the ponytail (BTW, I LOVE his ponytail! :D ) Truth is, like most have already said here, who cares if that's not Link at all? (Although I second LTM's opinion about Aonuma possibly teasing about the name you give for the save file). As long as we have a badass protagonist who kicks butt against the forces of evil with an interesting story and/or gameplay:

shut-up-and-take-my-rupees.jpg

Any QUESTIONS???? :lol:

• David likes this

#68 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

It'd be interesting if it was a female protagonist.  She'd look WAY too flatchested should that be the case though.  I mean, she doesn't need gigantic jugs obviously, but they need to be of a least a certain size to be of any use for baby feeding, and non-existence doesn't cut it.  Seeing a lot of female hero theories, but the total flatchestness just destroys it all.

Edited by Koh, 10 June 2014 - 10:13 PM.

• Demonlink likes this

#69 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:12 PM

The lack of sword in that teaser could imply the bow plays a big role in the story. Also on the back of Epona, we do see Link's bow and bombs. :)

(I'm calling them Epona and Link for now)

Edited by Charizard, 10 June 2014 - 10:12 PM.

• David likes this

#70 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:13 PM

It'd be interesting if it was a female protagonist.  She'd look WAY too flatchested should that be the case though.  I mean, she doesn't need gigantic jugs obviously, but they need to be of a least a certain size to be of any use for baby feeding, and non-existence doesn't cut it XP.  Seeing a lot of female hero theories, but the total flatchestness just destroys it all.

There are woman our there with chests that are literally flat. (Poor unfortunate souls...) It's not impossible.

• Demonlink likes this

#71 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

You can clearly hear Link shout "hyah!" when he's in the field, running from the monster thing. ANd he sounds like a man. So the female theory is debunked, people.

• Shane and Demonlink like this

#72 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

The lack of sword in that teaser could imply the bow plays a big role in the story. Also on the back of Epona, we do see Link's bow and bombs. :)

(I'm calling them Epona and Link for now)

Yeah that's what I think too. :)

And there's nothing else we can call them as of now lol.

• Shane likes this

#73 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

Maybe it is Link and Nintendo is simply trolling lol.

• TheLegend_njf and Demonlink like this

#74 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:34 AM

It'd be interesting if it was a female protagonist.  She'd look WAY too flatchested should that be the case though.  I mean, she doesn't need gigantic jugs obviously, but they need to be of a least a certain size to be of any use for baby feeding, and non-existence doesn't cut it.  Seeing a lot of female hero theories, but the total flatchestness just destroys it all.

I don't mean to be an asshole, but one word: anime

Also, I know a lot of flatchested girls. :P

Edited by Nexas, 11 June 2014 - 12:35 AM.

• Demonlink likes this

#75 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

There's way too many similarities that it has to be Link. One might argue the lack of a green tunic, but Link has been present without the green tunic countless times.

Also the fact he looks "feminine" isn't really a downgrade. There can be bad ass feminine characters, it's kinda boring to see a "manly" hero over and over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users