Super Smash Bros. Brawl

• Please log in to reply
2278 replies to this topic

#61 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:39 PM

Samus looks brilliant in the first trailer. I'm glad her suit is metallic-looking, this time. She looked more like an action figure in SSBM. Also, I wonder if that attack she was using in the trailer may have been her Final Smash. If so, it's most likely that her Final Smash changes her from Varia Suit Samus to Zero Suit Samus. I'm not sure if she can recover her Varia Suit during the remainder of the match, though.

As for DK, I believe Nintendo has the rights for DK. According to what I've seen with Diddy Kong Racing DS and the VC Donkey Kong Country games, Nintendo might still have Diddy and Dixie, as well.

#62 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:37 AM

I'm hoping for Diddy, but not Dixie.

Yeah, I think that's what the original theory was about Zero Suit Samus. I hope it's actually an option, rather. icon_unsettled.gif

#63 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:36 PM

I agree with TS... I hope that Zero Suit is a completely different character, or has a voluntary transformation move, like Zelda did in Melee.

#64 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:12 PM

Hopefully there's more of a variety of moves in Brawl. My kid brother uses Mario and uses almost nothing but cheap-arse moves.

#65 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:25 PM

My guess is that they're going to keep the majority of moves the same as ever, but might make the clones less clone-y.

#66 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Jun 11 2007, 05:02 PM) View Post

Where's all the Donkey Kong characters? Does Rare have a strict copyright or is Nintendo just being neglective?

It's Nintendo not wanting to reveal anything. For example, they shown a Yoshi stage along with a MP3 of Yoshi's Story ending remix. You'd think they'd show Yoshi as a character by now. Since E3, the only character they shown was Fox and we all knew he was getting in. They aren't going to show anything new on that blasted site until after E3.

#67 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:24 PM

I think they replaced the classic "Tumble through the air into the horizon screaming" with the "Plummet to your doom with a column of energy?" on the north-bound exit icon_frown.gif

The tumbling + screaming always cracked me up. icon_frown.gif

EDIT (After Animus's post): OMG! The screen-hit-and-fall was also funny! I can't quite describe it, but I get a "tossed at the camera like a rag doll" vibe. Especially with a "proud" character like Ganondorf, Mewto, Link, Marth, Roy, or Bowser icon_xd.gif.

Edited by Majora's Wrath, 12 June 2007 - 04:05 PM.

#68 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(Majora's Wrath @ Jun 12 2007, 03:24 PM) View Post

I think they replaced the classic "Tumble through the air into the horizon screaming" with the "Plummet to your doom with a column of energy?" on the north-bound exit icon_frown.gif

The tumbling + screaming always cracked me up. icon_frown.gif

I surely hope not. That was one of the many things that made Super Smash Bros. so fun to play. Also, sometimes, the character will "hit the screen" and fall down for a bubble-blast KO. icon_lol.gif It's so hilarious when Jigglypuff or Kirby gets that. I think the "tumble through the air into the horizon screaming" is too good of a feature to get rid of.

#69 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE(Animus01 @ Jun 12 2007, 04:02 PM) View Post

I surely hope not. That was one of the many things that made Super Smash Bros. so fun to play. Also, sometimes, the character will "hit the screen" and fall down for a bubble-blast KO. icon_lol.gif It's so hilarious when Jigglypuff or Kirby gets that. I think the "tumble through the air into the horizon screaming" is too good of a feature to get rid of.

Yeah, but it sometimes annoyed me in vs. mode, when we'd both have one life left and I'd die first just because he went through the hit the screen animation... didn't happen very much, but when it did, I was FURIOUS. icon_evil.gif

#70 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:02 PM

Guys, check out the SSBB Site!

Ridley's Boss Battle music!!!!! icon_omg.gif icon_omg.gif icon_omg.gif icon_omg.gif icon_omg.gif

Does this mean a character will get to fight Ridley as part of a 1P Adventure mode (assuming that mode returns in Brawl, hopefully)? SWEET!!!!! That will be awesome! I don't see how this music can be used in a normal melee, and there are few other reasons to put the music in the site. Could it really be happening?

#71 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:06 PM

Yeah. It's pretty damn awesome. icon_razz.gif I'll be keeping this one. Seriously, I couldn't be happier with how this turned out. Maybe if they made the beginning a liiiittle bit longer...

I swear, if they alter the Original Samus AT ALL, I will slice off peoples' various body parts and mail them to designers. Samus is perfect. Port her directly from SSBM and then leave her the hell alone. Make Zero Suit Samus a totally different playable character, NOT like how Zelda transforms to Shiek and vice versa. I swear to god, if they sacrifice one of her B button commands, .. ..

#72 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:06 PM

It's a given that they aren't going to change existing characters while hopefully decloning Falco and Ganondorf. I can make this statement looking at Fox's screenshots. This version simply appears to be Melee except with some new characters and better graphics. The stages look boring and show nothing terribly interesting from what I can see. Hopefully Sakurai and this "studio" can prove me wrong.

#73 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:30 PM

Well, Falco was ok as a clone, IMO. He wasn't fully a clone, since he had an Aerial Drop Kick that Fox can't use effectively, and his blaster stuns foes, unlike Fox's. I'd say he should have one unique move, though, to maybe replace the Falco Phantasm (Smash B). Maybe, it could be a rocket launcher from Star Fox Assault (like Samus's missiles).

Ganondorf,... now that was a bad idea. Ganondorf is his own being. He needs his own moves. He needs to dish out the punishment!!!! icon_w00t.gif Anyway... I'm not quite sure what moves can be best added to him, since his OoT moves were slow and predictable (like his Warlock/Falcon Punch! icon_xd.gif ).

#74 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(Animus01 @ Jun 13 2007, 06:30 PM) View Post

Well, Falco was ok as a clone, IMO. He wasn't fully a clone, since he had an Aerial Drop Kick that Fox can't use effectively, and his blaster stuns foes, unlike Fox's. I'd say he should have one unique move, though, to maybe replace the Falco Phantasm (Smash B). Maybe, it could be a rocket launcher from Star Fox Assault (like Samus's missiles).

Ganondorf,... now that was a bad idea. Ganondorf is his own being. He needs his own moves. He needs to dish out the punishment!!!! icon_w00t.gif Anyway... I'm not quite sure what moves can be best added to him, since his OoT moves were slow and predictable (like his Warlock/Falcon Punch! icon_xd.gif ).

Remember OoT? icon_blah.gif At LEAST Shadow Ball, (Like Mewtwo's.) and some Marth-like Sword action, only slower. I mean, geez, he HAS A SWORD, doesn't he? It even shows it in the match debriefing screen and more. Dunno what his Up+B move could've been though. O.o

Very much concurred about the Falco thing though, although I do still like to use his Fox (Falco) Flash move though. It doesn't really feel like him anyway. You know, even though there are clones in the game, you just can't claim that they're worthless. ALL of the clones in the game (With the possible exception of Pichu.) have their own merits in the game to keep them aboard. The differences between Young Link and Link, and Fox and Falco are staggering in most respects. As you mentioned, Falco's dair, his laser, and even a few aspects of his Up+B are different. They tweaked most attacks and motional aspects for everyone, and they DEFINITELY DO make a big difference on play style. Where I would Hookshot someone as Link, I wouldn't dare as Young Link because his hookshot is too short. However, he has a fairly decent Wavedash, do I'd just use that instead if I needed to. (Or at least roll. icon_sweat.gif icon_rolleyes.gif ) Plus there's the whole differences in swords and such. Lots of changes in tactics there to consider.

#75 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:47 PM

Since I played TP, I wanted Ganondorf to have a pink sword SO BAD!!! That's what I would do to declone him. Anyway, Nintendo has stated that not all characters will return, so maybe some of the clones will die... personally, I hope Dr. Mario is on that list; Luigi was enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users