• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#46 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE(Beefster @ May 5 2012, 07:04 PM) View Post

Am I the only one who laughed- and showed no other emotion- at that episode?

I was laughing most of the time... but when Mako and Korra kissed, I was shocked. Like, mouth agape shocked. icon_sweat.gif

#47 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

Wow, I like the Last Airbender and I can't wait for this series to come out in germany! I hope this will be as good as the first.

#48 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

And that was pretty much the greatest episode yet. Unexpected plot twists, awesome fight scenes, more flashbacks, interesting character development, intense... intenseness. I've pretty much just gushing about the show now.

So major plot developments aside, I have to wonder why Korra keeps getting flashbacks of Aang whenever she's knocked out. And how that story (which I'm assuming is the incident the Northern Water Tribe representative alluded to earlier) ties into this one. Very strange...

#49 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ May 12 2012, 03:12 PM) View Post
So major plot developments aside, I have to wonder why Korra keeps getting flashbacks of Aang whenever she's knocked out.
Makes perfect sense to me, since Aang had flashbacks to Roku when he was hurt or in danger.

Anyway, yeah. This was a pretty god-tier episode. That fight scene had me trembling.

Spoiler

Edited by DavidReinold, 12 May 2012 - 09:48 PM.

#50 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

Just watched the fourth episode. Yes, I am slow. xD
I barely paid attention, but i was sad at the end why Korra cried. D':
She fits the part so well xD

#51 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

Dammit, I can't believe I missed another episode! TO THE INTERNET!!! (Wait, I'm already online... Guess that saves a bit of time. I hope the episodes are on YouTube already.)

#52 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

Gogoanime or Vimeo should work, that's where I watch them. I miss the new episodes every time.

#53 UZF

UZF

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

I keep missing them too. I have only seen two episodes so far, however, thanks to Scootaloo I can see the rest! Thank you so much Scootaloo!

#54 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

Okay, I've finally gotten completely caught up. (unless episode 7 was on TV and it hasn't been uploaded yet)

I'm really hoping that the characters smarten up a bit over time. I mean, if the bad guys are going to rely on electricity-based weapons to overcome benders, then wouldn't it just take a rubber jumpsuit worn underneath the metalbenders' armor as standard-issue equipment to counteract it? I'm fairly certain the technology level the show uses would allow that.

#55 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

OH MY GOSH! This week's episode was AWESOME. It's finally getting to the juicy action and intrigue. icon_biggrin.gif

Spoiler

I've realized that one of my favorite things about this series is that the morality isn't just black and white- obvious. Zuko was all over the place in his morality; it didn't even hint that he might be good until the last episode of the first season, and then he zigzags in the third season to add to the confusion.

... Speaking of which, does anyone have the feeling that Tarrlok might be working for the Equalists? Or that he might at some point in the future? He kinda reminds me of the Dai Li.

QUOTE(kurt91 @ May 13 2012, 10:02 PM) View Post
I'm really hoping that the characters smarten up a bit over time. I mean, if the bad guys are going to rely on electricity-based weapons to overcome benders, then wouldn't it just take a rubber jumpsuit worn underneath the metalbenders' armor as standard-issue equipment to counteract it? I'm fairly certain the technology level the show uses would allow that.
I've never really thought of that. It's pretty brilliant though, so I wouldn't be surprised if I saw it happen.

Edited by Beefster, 19 May 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#56 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

Oh man, where do I even start. That episode was freaking awesome.
Spoiler

As for Tarrlok, I don't think he's with the equalists; after all, he's (I think) a bender himself, and a representative of the Northern Water Tribe, to boot. I think he's just power hungry. He's your typical work within the system, manipulate the events so that your political enemies take the fall kinda guy.

On a final note, Firefox thinks equalists is misspelled. It suggests sensualists as the proper spelling. I should not have laughed as hard as I did. icon_heh.gif

#57 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

Still being slow, I was episode five today. I finally realized how adorable Bolin is!!!! And Mako, I still love you.

But in all honesty, I'd rather see Bolin and Korra together. I wonder what's going to happen.

Edit - Just found this:

IPB Image

Oh my God...

Edit again - I'm trying to draw Bolin. He's coming out great so far. GAWD he's so hot. icon_love.gif

Edited by Jared, 19 May 2012 - 11:13 PM.

#58 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

About...
Spoiler

I haven't seen the episode just yet, but I knew it! I guess my guess about...
Spoiler

was right! Do you think it was intentional, or just a coincidence that it was something that was suspicious? With how subtle it seems looking back, I kind of think I jumped the gun and it was just dumb luck that I happened to be right.

-----
EDIT: Quick question. Wasn't the facility supposed to be made of pure platinum so that they couldn't metal-bend it? How did they start utilizing the floor if it was like that? Also, I loved what the one air-bending guy (forget his name - Korra's teacher) did with the air-wheel attack. It was like a weaponized version of Aang's speedy-air-ball-thingy. That was pretty cool.

Edited by kurt91, 20 May 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#59 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

IPB Image

Oh, look. Bolin wants to marry me! <3 icon_love.gif

I'm starting to shift from Mako to Bolin. He's so awesome!!

Edited by Jared, 20 May 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#60 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

EDIT: Quick question. Wasn't the facility supposed to be made of pure platinum so that they couldn't metal-bend it? How did they start utilizing the floor if it was like that
Utilizing?

Well, you can still work with it mechanically via the standard non-bender means, but just not by manipulating the specifically non-metallic elements within the metal. Earth Benders can manipulate metal because some of the elements are more native to the earth than others. It's that that allows them to bend metal, I would suppose. If there really was an "Only Earth Bending" and 'Only Metal Bending" design to it, then Toph wouldn't have been able to escape that metal cage she was bound in as an Earth Bender herself.

But otherwise, the floor of the factory was able to be moved around by Lin, because if even that first floor was made of pure platinum, she would have become suspicious and already knew something was going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users