• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#46 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ Sep 2 2011, 11:42 AM) View Post

When people complain to me about their problems rather than to the person who the're a problem with. I'm not going to elaborate on this one, however, because I don't want to be a hypocrite.

THIS. Although my problem was someone who would complain about me to everyone else, but couldn't
simply talk to me about it. And it was just a misunderstanding/simple request. icon_confused.gif

Edited by Cukeman, 02 September 2011 - 01:45 PM.

#47 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

Dota clones, tried many all overly complicated and boring for my taste.

#48 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

Reply in non-bold icon_razz.gif

QUOTE(Twilight_Knight @ Sep 2 2011, 08:04 PM) View Post

Lol, this reminded me of a stupid think my brother does to a friend of his as some manly test, which is to exhale smoke into his nose, and he must inhale all of it or such. Idiots. icon_razz.gif Wow, haha. That's just pointless XD

Plus weed leads to memory loss, they say.
Nah, that's a myth icon_razz.gif It literally has zero side-effects, and if anyone tells you any differently they are either misinformed or lying icon_wink.gif (Just to make that clear, no less than two years ago I thought marijuana could kill you... so I've been there too xD)

Never ever heard of Miyazaki. By Anime I do mean Naruto or Death Note and such. In my opinion they suck, so it is fair.

QUOTE(Prospekt @ Sep 2 2011, 08:18 PM) View Post

You don't understand the purpose of Steam, do you? Steam is amazing- free games, or really good indie games for a couple bucks, and discounts. (A couple months ago, you could get Fallout 3: GOTY for $5. STEAM IS AWESOME.) What you have to understand, is that because of Steam, indie game companies can finally get the recognition they deserve. Considering doing that is something I want to do some day, Steam is kind of a big deal to me. If it weren't for Steam, we probably wouldn't know anything about Super Meat Boy, VVVVVV, Braid, Machinarium, etc... which are all amazing games. Yes, yes, a lot of people get it for TF2 and those shooters people seem to flock to hating, but still... You gotta know where to look. Other than TF2, my most played games have costed chump change out of my wallet. When I could pay $8 for Sonic the Hedgehog on VC, I can get it $3 cheaper on Steam, which makes a huge difference, because with an extra $3, I can get a damn good indie game.
This. I can see not liking modern music, a specific genre of games and so on, but not liking Steam because you need it in order to play Steam-games? That's just silly icon_razz.gif

Steam is a wonderful platform, I think you're just looking at it the wrong way. Steam is an online video-game store, and without a doubt the best one there is. Have you tried EA's old "EA Download Manager"? Hoooly crap was it bad icon_razz.gif I sure hope Origin is better... the only thing that bothers me about it is how you need to have the program running in order to play Valve-games. It's a minor drawback, and it's not like Steam requires a lot of your computers power anyway. icon_shrug.gif

#49 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE(Robin @ Sep 2 2011, 01:04 PM) View Post

Steam is a wonderful platform, I think you're just looking at it the wrong way. Steam is an online video-game store, and without a doubt the best one there is. Have you tried EA's old "EA Download Manager"? Hoooly crap was it bad icon_razz.gif I sure hope Origin is better... the only thing that bothers me about it is how you need to have the program running in order to play Valve-games. It's a minor drawback, and it's not like Steam requires a lot of your computers power anyway. icon_shrug.gif

Ok, so I may be a little biased against Steam because I downloaded it and my PC bricked as soon as I opened it, crashing like a couple minutes after turning it on...and I for the most part don't like indie games.

Edit: inb4 the hate

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 02 September 2011 - 02:37 PM.

#50 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:43 PM

Pop Music of today: Most seems to be either watered down versions of other music, or dumbed down to cater to the largest audience possible.

Hollywood Movies of today: Most seems to be either watered down versions of similar movies, or dumbed down to cater to the largest audience possible.

Television News of today: Most seems to be either watered down and thus simplified stories, yet over-sensationalized in order to bring attention to people who would otherwise never watch or listen to news, and for the same reason dumbed down to cater to such an audience.

What is popular is often dumbed down in order to focus on quantity of attention rather than quality of attention.

#51 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Sep 2 2011, 01:53 PM) View Post

Chuggaaconroy: Never got what made him so special...I don't find him funny and I don't really like how all his LP choices are popular games that have been LPed a million times already...If he wants to be an informative LPer, why not play something we haven't already been informed about?

THANK YOU. I'm subbed to him for some reason, but I never watch his videos. They're not entertaining. To me, he's just another LP'er. I find SpacemanDan's LP's to be more fun to watch! In fact, yesterday I watched a TP LP, and it was actually really good. And they're unknown. (This one, to be exact)

Now...

Rap
I honestly have NO idea how rap is so popular. It's trash. All the "singers" do is talk to a beat. They don't change their voice at all. And worst of all, all they talk about is money, drugs, and that stuff. And don't get me started on Eminem, because his "Teachings" are not teaching you anything. It's utter garbage, meanwhile pure singers like Adele are left in the dust.

#52 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE(Cukeman @ Sep 2 2011, 01:39 PM) View Post

Tower Defense Games: WHAT THE **** IS WITH THIS CRAZE? Seriously, you set up your screen,
and just sit there and watch what happens - it's a video game, and you just SIT THERE -- that- it-
just- NO. Video games are supposed to be interactive, and the part that makes them especially fun
is interacting in the action itself. Heck even in turn-based RPGs you get to decide which attacks to
utilize. I see people playing these games before and after class. I'd just as soon stare at a screensaver... icon_confused.gif

This. Tower Defense games are basically just glorified waiting.

#53 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:32 PM

Vinegar: How can someone eat that stuff or anything that has that as content? It smells like vomit or something rotten. I would never under any circumstances consume any product that includes vinegar. Such products are mayonnaise, ketchup, pickles and many more things.
I agree with the vinegar bit, mostly. I love mayo and pickles, but don't like ketchup that much unless it's on a hamburger or hot dog.

But vinegar on its own, exactly as you said, has a very, very strong smell. It overpowers those of us with powerful olfactory experiences. Sadly, it's a critical component of the Sushi rice that I am so fond of. Once it's properly mixed in with the ingredients, though, it doesn't offend nearly as badly. It only takes a fifth of a cup for the "sauce" for sushi rice. Before you add it, it smells horrible. Especially if you microwave it, like you have to. After adding, though, not that bad.

Steam: Why should I need to download a whole new program to download games on the computer? Are distributers to lazy to do the advertising and distribution by themselves?
I used to think Steam was just unnecessary. Then I really took a second, even third look at it, and holy hell it's so worth it. I was initially turned off from it because I thought it was harder to modify game files, (It's not. The directories just end up in a different place, but they're the same, I believe.) and Steam has very large bargains. VERY large bargains. I'm really glad I stuck with it.

Ok, so I may be a little biased against Steam because I downloaded it and my PC bricked as soon as I opened it, crashing like a couple minutes after turning it on...and I for the most part don't like indie games.
This sort of feels like it transcends this thread though. It feels more individual to you than a possible factor for analysis to decide that it's disliked.

#54 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Sep 2 2011, 03:11 PM) View Post
Rap
I honestly have NO idea how rap is so popular. It's trash. All the "singers" do is talk to a beat. They don't change their voice at all. And worst of all, all they talk about is money, drugs, and that stuff. And don't get me started on Eminem, because his "Teachings" are not teaching you anything. It's utter garbage, meanwhile pure singers like Adele are left in the dust.
You're just talking mainstream, though. Everyone knows mainstream rap (with the exception of MAYBE Jay-Z just because he's collaborated with Coldplay) is garbage. It's the indie/alt rap that you've gotta check out, because there's some pretty interesting stuff in there. Reggie Watts, for example, is a brilliant satirist when it comes to rap. He has a song (I won't say the title because you won't be able to read it, due to PureZC's word filter) that uses voice acting to portray different social groups (namely the testosterone-driven teenager, the playa'/lady's man, the materialist and the tech-savvy elitist) and uses keen irony to summarize their intentions and make you realize how shallow modern society is.

I also have a friend who does rap, going by the stage name "Abyss" (his real name is Tony Williams). He's got this song called "Reflecting" that basically encourages progression and rips apart the whole "same as it ever was" attitude. And he doesn't just focus on racism. He covers the work already done against racism and sexism, and focuses on his hopes for the destruction of homophobia.

But yeah, in a way, you're right, even though I disagree. You're right because it's not singing. But the truth is that it's poetry set to music, and sometimes that can be a beautiful thing.

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 02 September 2011 - 03:41 PM.

#55 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Sep 2 2011, 09:24 PM) View Post

Edit: inb4 the hate
To be fair, saying you (mostly) don't like indie games is like saying you don't like meat. Unless you're a veggie, chances are there's at least a few different types of meat out there you love, just haven't tried yet. icon_razz.gif As for Steam 'bricking' your computer: it didn't (though I'm sure you know this), your computer probably just needed a checkup. I mean, Steam is used by millions of users every single day and if there was a chance of it bricking your computer, that would have been made a preeetty big deal out of icon_razz.gif

QUOTE(Jared @ Sep 2 2011, 10:11 PM) View Post
Rap
Hoooooollllyyyyyyy shiiiiit, how did I forget that. I cannot stand cRap, I think it's a piece of fgudcvu jkv kjvngtdioiofgdbdjoisdvchsfida
dgreengoblinanddarthvaderdjuvdh!!!

Same goes for Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Metal Metal and letam-metal too! And trance, god trance is horrible. And no, that meat referance I made doesn't work here icon_razz.gif I don't like the type of music that goes under those categories, and I've heard a looot of different stuff, especially trance-music, due to clubbing. I'm the same as Lemon, I don't get the idea of clubbing, more specifically dance-clubs, but I do go simply because many of my friends go as well... we usually find a bar or a pub though, and prefer it that way.

#56 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

You guys need to listen to good rap apparently.

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ Sep 2 2011, 04:39 PM) View Post
(with the exception of MAYBE Jay-Z just because he's collaborated with Coldplay)

This...confuses my brain.

#57 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Sep 2 2011, 06:06 PM) View Post

Same. Coldplay is awesome, and he's...not.

#58 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ Sep 2 2011, 03:39 PM) View Post

Everyone knows mainstream rap (with the exception of MAYBE Jay-Z just because he's collaborated with Coldplay) is garbage.

Doesn't that make him inherently worse?

QUOTE(Plissken @ Sep 2 2011, 05:06 PM) View Post

You guys need to listen to good rap apparently.

I agree.

#59 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Sep 2 2011, 05:06 PM) View Post
It wasn't my opinion specifically, I actually thought "A Star is Born" was a pretty awesome song. But for most people, collaborating with a consistently awesome group like Coldplay would probably be his only redeeming factor.

QUOTE(Lithium @ Sep 2 2011, 05:11 PM) View Post
Doesn't that make him inherently worse?
I said Coldplay, not Maroon 5.

Coldplay. You know, that absolutely brilliant group that doesn't seem to get any respect anymore. Read any of their lyrics lately? Thought not.

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 02 September 2011 - 05:17 PM.

#60 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ Sep 3 2011, 12:12 AM) View Post

Coldplay. You know, that absolutely brilliant group that doesn't seem to get any respect anymore. Read any of their lyrics lately? Thought not.

Actually, their work seems to be inspired so much by Radiohead that it's hard to tell wether it's save to call it "inspiration" anymore. I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users