Two Week Contest!

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#46 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:40 AM

Blaman, I have a question. Are we supposed to keep our projects secret or is it allowed to make a preview-thread to allow discoussion and to hype the quest a bit?
If it's not allowed than I have to apology for the preview (REALLY early WIP) in the SotW282. If it is allowed, than maybe there'll be a thread in screen 80 once the quest is shaped out a little more.

#47 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:06 AM

I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed. With a project this small, I wouldn't give away a preview, simply because of the size. Just showing a small map could give away the whole game!

As for my progress, the overworld is almost done (5 screens left!), and the first level is planned out on paper. How's everybody else doing?

#48 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ Feb 5 2010, 07:06 AM) View Post

I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed. With a project this small, I wouldn't give away a preview, simply because of the size. Just showing a small map could give away the whole game!

As for my progress, the overworld is almost done (5 screens left!), and the first level is planned out on paper. How's everybody else doing?

A preview mustn't have more than 2 or 3 screenshots, really.

Why is everybody making the ow first? o.o I just build chronically =P
start on L1 today.

#49 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:03 AM

Lol, I'm building the overworld first too. I really need to get to work, I'm only half way finished with the first area. ;>_>

I normally build chronically, but I decided to build the overworld first for this, it seemed like a better idea to me.

#50 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE(Sheik @ Feb 5 2010, 12:40 AM) View Post

Blaman, I have a question. Are we supposed to keep our projects secret or is it allowed to make a preview-thread to allow discoussion and to hype the quest a bit?
If it's not allowed than I have to apology for the preview (REALLY early WIP) in the SotW282. If it is allowed, than maybe there'll be a thread in screen 80 once the quest is shaped out a little more.

If you wanted to, you could. The only reason why I said to refrain from showing screens is to prevent people from judging simply from screenshots. Not that many people do it, but I do remember this being an issue at one point on the database. (But then again, I'm pretty sure the regulars here weren't the ones doing it. I'm just saying to be safe. icon_razz.gif)

#51 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:32 AM

I see. Thanks for the input. I will frequent Joe later how he feels about that idea. Don't expect any preview thread any time soon, though =P.

#52 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

I changed my mind about not using AZCEMS music. I'll release the quest with both AZCEMS and GM music so that people who don't want AZCEMS can be satisfied.

The reason why I'm using AZCEMS now is because I'm using the Classic Tileset and I'm gonna try and use Famicom-sounding music.

#53 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:07 PM

Just finished level 1. I'm actually making good time! What about everybody else?

#54 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:19 PM

I think Blaman, you shouldn't have scheduled this during the time of Valentine's Day (hey, just because everyone else is a single nerd, doesn't make me one). I've been pre-occupied with that, plus random stuff like having a life/partying/school. I really can't do these 2 week contests, I guess.

#55 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:21 PM

hahahaha...I am done with this contest.

#56 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:25 PM

I'm going to be honest, I normally forget about of valentines day, since my brother's birthday is the same day, so we're normally caught up with that rather than Valentines day. My apologies. >_>

#57 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Feb 7 2010, 08:07 PM) View Post

Just finished level 1. I'm actually making good time! What about everybody else?

Same here. I hope I finish a good part of the second (actually forth) overworld area today. Just for the record, I think Joe is making good progress with the scripts.

#58 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:33 AM

About half way through now. How's everybody doing? I almost completely finished level 2 today. I just have two screen and the boss left to make. I had no idea I could work this quickly. The screens are fairly bland, but it works, and most importantly, it's still fun. icon_razz.gif

#59 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:13 AM

Well, you should be about half way done now, it's been a week since the contest started. =P
Unfortunately, I may not finish my quest in time. I have a lack of motivation currently. Well, I guess only time will tell.

#60 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 09 February 2010 - 04:04 AM

There's no way I'm gonna be able to finish, so you should probably take me off the roster. icon_shrug.gif

I'm having a bad week...

a VERY bad week...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users