• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#46 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE(TheMasterSwordsman @ Jan 28 2008, 04:42 PM) View Post

You really wanna know something? The Mayan prediction was actually ... just "end of an era" (restating myself). You see, after doing background research, I found that the earth "wobbles" extremely slowly (like, over cycles of THOUSANDS of years) on its axis of (I think) 27.5 degrees.

The Mayans also said that 2012 was then end of the final era of Earth's History. So, when the era comes to an end (which it won't), according to the Mayans, we're all going to die. But we're not (or at least I hope we're not), so don't panic.

#47 The (s)

The (s)

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE(Siguy @ Jan 28 2008, 01:03 PM) View Post

The most ridiculous of the assumptions is that "Nibiru" is going to pass through the inner solar system and will cause earth's magnetic poles to shift, supposedly "ripping apart continents, causing tsunamis" etc.

I hear two sides with Nibiru. Side one is the destruction oh no! the end!ahhhhh! and Side two is the group of UFO cults believing that Nibiru is a cosmic mother ship that will come by to enlighten us to the next stage of evolution to survive changes of the earth or something.

And I believe that there is an army of demons in the astral realms ready to attack the earth in the year 2012, icon_lol.gif just joking.

Anyway, I see people making money off of this 2012 thing by convincing people to pay a fair amount of money to learn how to decode their own DNA to survive. icon_freak.gif

#48 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:14 PM

On several moments in history, such events have been prophecized. That's not to say they should have been taken with a grain of salt, just cause they didn't happen. There's what could have happened, and what did. Same for now. There's what could happen, and what will. The human race cannot turn on a dime, but if you'll kindly abandon the idea of letting things be and adopt one of what you make of it, 2012 will hold no significant impact, other than the day Apocalypse was once again averted.

#49 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:25 PM

Well we'll have to see. There's no reason to really bother wasting time thinking about it icon_biggrin.gif.

Edited by EatinCake, 29 January 2008 - 06:25 PM.

#50 BackStab

BackStab

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:14 PM

What about that bible code, on one page it had end of world, comet, and 2012 on it. People also said it predicted Hitler killing the Jews. Kinda scary, don't you think?

#51 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:27 PM

Honestly, I believe that whole bible code to be hearsay. People looking for a way to make something believable by devising a method that doesn't prove anything.

I would be more inclined to believe what Nostradamus predicted before something like that. I honestly believe that the "bible code" was devised because the current fad had pepole believing there were hidden codes in books because of the Davinci Code.

I believe the bible has its uses, but this is not one of them. At least, not in that way.

And on a scientific note: There are no comets due anywhere near here for quite some time. So, it's scientifically impossible.

#52 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(BackStab @ Feb 1 2008, 12:14 PM) View Post

What about that bible code, on one page it had end of world, comet, and 2012 on it. People also said it predicted Hitler killing the Jews. Kinda scary, don't you think?

The Bible code really doesn't amount to much. Those sorts of hidden messages can be found in any book of sufficient length. It'd be much more remarkable if that method didn't work with the Bible.

#53 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:35 AM

Why decode something that shouldn't be decoded, only be translated for the better of the world? The Bible Code doesn't matter, and I'm sure I'll be the first to die in armageddon for saying that icon_razz.gif

My point being: I have considered the Bible Code, but as Saffith linked us, any book of sufficient length can be "decoded."

#54 Lune

Lune

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:55 AM

Anyone can find a pattern, yes. I believe that if the writers of the Bible wanted to tell us something more, it would be written like the rest of the book: in full words.

#55 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:42 PM

Watch This.
John Hagee has a nice way of putting things. icon_wink.gif

#56 Manifesto Empire

Manifesto Empire

Senior

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:16 AM

You know whats really interesting, if you put an understanding and physics into thought...you'de almost swear the earth is hallow ... makes me laught when i hear people say the earth is flat..i think it is..

#57 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:23 AM

Why's that, Shashomaru?

#58 Manifesto Empire

Manifesto Empire

Senior

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:45 AM

Think about it, every planet starts out as gas that starts to rotate on it's axis, getting more dense, then it starts attracting particles that eventually form the land mass, but the gas still gets denser, but because the land mass makes a sphere it cannot continue to get more dense, only attract more mass to it. as this spins and the gas inside the planet gets more denser almost creating a mini ball of heat (sun?) til it can't get any more dense. as the planet spins, 2 holes into the planet HAVE to be made because the planet spins on the poles magnetic properties, creating 2 holes on the south pole and north pole, the reason no one is likely to discover it by digging, the most we have dug into the earth is only about 5 km, the reach hallow, it's about 40 km, if you look at a video of nasa when it orbits over the north pole and you see the northern lights, it created a perfect circle around the hole....
If you read articles often...Butterflies and other semi exotic animals have been found at the north pole, as well as grassy patches, global warming or not, the hole is so big you would never notice you even walked into it.
there have been ALOT of hints leading to this...
and possible Inner terrestrials rather than outer..lol..
look it into it...it's quite plausable...there has been 1 expidition, and so far they have yet to return, they got a nuclear ship to break the ice.

#59 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE(Shashomaru @ Feb 3 2008, 02:45 AM) View Post

Think about it, every planet starts out as gas that starts to rotate on it's axis, getting more dense, then it starts attracting particles that eventually form the land mass, but the gas still gets denser, but because the land mass makes a sphere it cannot continue to get more dense, only attract more mass to it. as this spins and the gas inside the planet gets more denser almost creating a mini ball of heat (sun?) til it can't get any more dense. as the planet spins, 2 holes into the planet HAVE to be made because the planet spins on the poles magnetic properties, creating 2 holes on the south pole and north pole, the reason no one is likely to discover it by digging, the most we have dug into the earth is only about 5 km, the reach hallow, it's about 40 km, if you look at a video of nasa when it orbits over the north pole and you see the northern lights, it created a perfect circle around the hole....
If you read articles often...Butterflies and other semi exotic animals have been found at the north pole, as well as grassy patches, global warming or not, the hole is so big you would never notice you even walked into it.
there have been ALOT of hints leading to this...
and possible Inner terrestrials rather than outer..lol..
look it into it...it's quite plausable...there has been 1 expidition, and so far they have yet to return, they got a nuclear ship to break the ice.

Erm...

I am sorry to say, but that is all wrong. You new-agey type need to actually pay attention to real science. First of all, a planet does not form in the way you described. Second, a planet's magnetic poles are not always on their true poles. Earth's magnetic field is generated by the molten core rotating, which can move, since it is molten. Third, we have dug more than twelve kilometers deep. See the Kola Superdeep Borehole. Finally, the continents move, so it is clear that at one point places on Earth which are barren once flourished with life.

#60 Manifesto Empire

Manifesto Empire

Senior

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:47 PM

I'm not arguing about it lol..., but it's just my theory....and alot of other peoples... and your Science cannot prove everything
get use to that, and molten does not produce earths magnetic fields.....if so that would mean we spin in whatever which direction earth is feeling..lol... i highly doubt we spin like that...your right about the poles not being in the same spot...infact..the poles are actualy switching as we speak...actually...none of what you said even prooves that the earth isn't hollow...
neverthe less.. weather i'm drawn to this by fantasy or just because it's something to beleive in.. it's interesting neverthe less

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users