• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#46 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

My God, sounds like the weather over in the US is getting worse. I really hope you guys get better weather in the future, sounds like it's really bad over there.

There's also been rumours over here that the cold weather in the US is drifting over to the UK, so that's a little scary for us.

After the cold spell we are currently having (it will be very cold tomorrow,) temperatures will return to more normal values for a week or two.

Edited by Nolornbon, 06 January 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#47 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

Yeah. But wind gusts in my area are reaching about 100 mph, which is crazy. Also, it is so cold outside (-45℉) that the vapor on my window is freezing on the inside of the house, literally! (And it is around 68℉ inside my house)

#48 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

For the past week the temperatures have ranged from cold to deathly cold.  On the Fahrenheit scale, at the lowest point it was -2, and at the highest it was near 40.  But hey, that's what it's like almost every December and January around here.  With those low temperatures, you can get used to it happening, but you can never get used to that extreme cold itself.

#49 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here in 45 F weather wishing it'd snow before I have to go back to college in 70 F San Diego. Would you guys mind sending some of that cold weather this way? Not a lot, but just enough to make it snow a bit.

#50 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

It is currently 8 F outside and I had to work outside today man... I'm glad to be inside the warm house :3

Damn though I don't think I've ever felt that cold in my life... And man the wind was blowing soooo hard!.  

#51 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

Yeah. But wind gusts in my area are reaching about 100 mph, which is crazy. Also, it is so cold outside (-45℉) that the vapor on my window is freezing on the inside of the house, literally! (And it is around 68℉ inside my house)

That sounds nasty. You might want to take a video of it. Before this year, I never knew that hurricane-force winds were common during winter. I know better now.

Edited by Nolornbon, 06 January 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#52 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:25 AM

It's nasty outside here. There are a lot of weather sources, but one of them said the air temperature was -9, and the wind chill could reach as low as -36. There are also gusts of 20-25mph winds. The thermometer in the basement says it is 42 degrees in this one room, and that is inside. There is also ice condensing on some of the older windows. That has happened before, but it hasn't happened in a while, and it means it is cooooold.

#53 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:21 AM

88zt.png

Current Status: "Freezin' my balls off!"

But in all seriousness, it's -4 F with a windchill of -20 F here. I know there are places with worse right now, but this is still weirding me out a little.

Stay warm, everyone!

• Magi_Hero likes this

#54 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

Low of -10 here last night with a -25 wind chill. After Wednesday, it's supposed to warm up a little. Thank God. My propane tank's been screaming 'Feed me, Seymour!'

• Russ likes this

#55 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

I know this isn't going to be related to weather in the US, but I think it's worth mentioning:

Temperatures in the UK (London specifically) are starting to drop, had a very very windy trip to school this morning. It was like 15C yesterday, it's now around 5C, and it seems to be getting colder and colder. Not sure if I should start worrying about this?

#56 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

5°F at the moment.

'Feels like -15°F' ... Not to me it doesn't.

#57 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

3 degrees Fahrenheit.  Feels like negative something.  Blowing Snow, and fog.

Had to go grocery shopping today.  I needed food.  Perhaps the worst driving I have ever done.  Thank goodness for people keeping their lights and hazards on (as did I), and traffic lights that are just visible enough when you approach them.  No clear definition of what a lane is.  When there were no cars or lights in front of me, it was nothing but white in front of me, driving under 20 mph.  I hope I never have to do that again.

#58 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

I know this isn't going to be related to weather in the US, but I think it's worth mentioning:

Temperatures in the UK (London specifically) are starting to drop, had a very very windy trip to school this morning. It was like 15C yesterday, it's now around 5C, and it seems to be getting colder and colder. Not sure if I should start worrying about this?

Give this a look:

http://www.wundergro.../UK/London.html

#59 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

"Rain Heavy showers, some of them combined with hail and thunder, will continue to affect parts of southern England at times through the rest of Monday, Tuesday and early Wednesday."

Yeah, I have a feeling the cold weather in the USA is now drifting to us. And judging by those temperatures, it seems it's getting colder and colder o_o

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 07 January 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#60 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

Currently at almost 2 PM Eastern time, it's 0 F with a windchill factor of -20 F. Weird enough on Saturday it's supposed to be 51 F and 50 F on Sunday. The hell is up with the wacky weather? One moment I'm freezing then it's almost warm enough to be in shorts and a t-shirt?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: winter, legendary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users