• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#46 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:31 PM

On Linux, Zelda Classic uses its own midi synthesizer, so it can't be made to use Timidity++ nor Fluidsynth. I wish there was a way to change that.

#47 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:01 PM

That can be done, but I've never tried it myself. It's an Allegro setting. Here's an old page on the subject: https://wiki.allegro...h_ALSA_raw_MIDI

#48 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

That can be done, but I've never tried it myself. It's an Allegro setting. Here's an old page on the subject: https://wiki.allegro...h_ALSA_raw_MIDI

That only covers Timidity++. Fluidsynth might be different, so I will give you two useful links below:

http://sourceforge.n...cts/fluidsynth/

http://fluidsynth.elementsofsound.org/

Edited by Nolornbon, 29 November 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#49 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

No, it should work the same. Use aconnect to connect a virtual raw MIDI device and edit ag.cfg to use the ALSA RawMIDI driver and point it to the right device.
I haven't been able to get it working myself, but that should be the idea.

#50 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:55 PM

derek@derek-Aspire-X1420G ~ $ modprobe snd-seq snd-virmidi
derek@derek-Aspire-X1420G ~ $ timidity -iAqqq -c /usr/share/soundfonts/Unison.cfg -Os1S -s 44100 &
[1] 14713
derek@derek-Aspire-X1420G ~ $ /usr/share/soundfonts/Unison.cfg: No such file or directory
derek@derek-Aspire-X1420G ~ $ timidity -iAqqq -c /etc/timidity/timidity.cfg -Os1S -s 44100 &
[2] 14716
[1]   Exit 1                  timidity -iAqqq -c /usr/share/soundfonts/Unison.cfg -Os1S -s 44100
derek@derek-Aspire-X1420G ~ $ TiMidity starting in ALSA server mode
derek@derek-Aspire-X1420G ~ $ aplaymidi -p 130:0 /home/derek/Midi/Adventures_of_Bayou_Billy_BGM_A_Electric_Remix
Cannot open /home/derek/Midi/Adventures_of_Bayou_Billy_BGM_A_Electric_Remix - No such file or directory
derek@derek-Aspire-X1420G ~ $ aplaymidi -p 130:0 /derek/home/Midi/Adventures_of_Bayou_Billy_BGM_A_Electric_Remix
Cannot open /derek/home/Midi/Adventures_of_Bayou_Billy_BGM_A_Electric_Remix - No such file or directory
derek@derek-Aspire-X1420G ~ $ aplaymidi -p 130:0 /home/derek/Midi/Adventures_of_Bayou_Billy_BGM_A_Electric_Remix.mid
aconnect -i
$                                               
^[[D^[[D^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C
^[[A^[[D^[[C^[[D^[[C^[[B^[[D^[[C^[[D^[[C^[[D^[[C^[[D^[[C^[[D^[[C^[[D^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[Cderek@derek-Aspire-X1420G ~ $ aconnect -i
^[[Cclient 0: 'System' [type=kernel]
    0 'Timer           '
    1 'Announce        '
client 14: 'Midi Through' [type=kernel]
    0 'Midi Through Port-0'
client 24: 'Virtual Raw MIDI 2-0' [type=kernel]
    0 'VirMIDI 2-0     '
client 25: 'Virtual Raw MIDI 2-1' [type=kernel]
    0 'VirMIDI 2-1     '
client 26: 'Virtual Raw MIDI 2-2' [type=kernel]
    0 'VirMIDI 2-2     '
client 27: 'Virtual Raw MIDI 2-3' [type=kernel]
    0 'VirMIDI 2-3     '
derek@derek-Aspire-X1420G ~ $ $
^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C$: command not found
^[[Cderek@derek-Aspire-X1420G ~ $ 
derek@derek-Aspire-X1420G ~ $ aconnect 24.0 130.0
derek@derek-Aspire-X1420G ~ $ amidi -l
Dir Device    Name
IO  hw:2,0    Virtual Raw MIDI (16 subdevices)
IO  hw:2,1    Virtual Raw MIDI (16 subdevices)
IO  hw:2,2    Virtual Raw MIDI (16 subdevices)
IO  hw:2,3    Virtual Raw MIDI (16 subdevices)
derek@derek-Aspire-X1420G ~ $ aplaymidi -p 130:0 /home/derek/Midi/Adventures_of_Bayou_Billy_BGM_A_Electric_Remix.mid

This is everything that was in my console when I attempted to get Zelda Classic to use Timidity++. The midi did play, but I still don't have Timidity++ working in Zelda Classic. My sound section in the ag.cfg file is as follows:

[sound]
#patches=samplesoundset/patches.dat
alsa_rawmidi_device = hw:2,0

#51 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:42 AM

So a few things I recently noticed. Messing around with some tunics and equipping a Gray Tunic seems to affect the overworld grass color when used with Transparent layers in my quest.

Left is how it looks with any other tunic, Right if with this gray tunic.

TunicBug1_zpsbb46c5f7.png-TunicBug2_zpsff883d81.png

(And no I'm not using CSet 6 for the grass)

With the transparent layer off, the grass looks the same with the Gray Tunic.

TunicBug4_zpse7d6b214.png-TunicBug3_zpsed01d5d6.png

I also noticed a certain midi that sounds quite a bit different when played in 2.50.1 RC1 (That Flipper bug build, yes I still use this) compared to this build. It sounds quite a bit worse in this build unfortunately. It only seems to do it in ZC and not ZQuest however.

• Astromeow likes this

#52 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:15 PM

There's not much to be done about the translucency; all it can do is pick the closest match in the palette. Changing rings changes the palette, and sometimes that affects which color it considers the best match. The best thing to do is add a more accurate color to the palette so that it has a better choice.

Nothing has changed in the MIDI handling, so I don't know why it would sound different. Is it possible you've actually got the two set up differently?

#53 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:06 PM

There's not much to be done about the translucency; all it can do is pick the closest match in the palette. Changing rings changes the palette, and sometimes that affects which color it considers the best match. The best thing to do is add a more accurate color to the palette so that it has a better choice.

Nothing has changed in the MIDI handling, so I don't know why it would sound different. Is it possible you've actually got the two set up differently?

So Translucency uses every color ZC has loaded including CSet 6 and whatnot? I never really understood what it chose for the colors. 

With the midis, I tested the exact same quest file in both versions of ZC and the midi definitely sounds off in the one version of ZC but not the other. I haven't changed anything on my computer and it uses the standard sound font that it comes with.

I'm not sure whether it's ZC running oddly on this laptop and it uses more resources for the one version and not the other which causes issues with playing the music correctly. I've gone back and forth between the versions and it sounds off on this version every time.

#54 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:23 PM

Can we get a setting in the string editor that sets a default string SFX? It might only apply to strings with an SFX set to zero. >_>

#55 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:42 PM

With the midis, I tested the exact same quest file in both versions of ZC and the midi definitely sounds off in the one version of ZC but not the other. I haven't changed anything on my computer and it uses the standard sound font that it comes with.

Have you tried copying over ag.cfg?

Can we get a setting in the string editor that sets a default string SFX? It might only apply to strings with an SFX set to zero. >_>

The sound is included if you set a template or copy and paste properties. I don't think I can do better than that for now.

#56 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

Have you tried copying over ag.cfg?

Yeah, I just gave it a try. It made me find where the quest files were again through the directory and the specific midi still sounded off.

#57 KDillon

KDillon

Senior

• Members

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:30 PM

I've tried to DL this and chrome is telling me that it is malicious... Anyone else come across this as well? 

#58 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:06 PM

Some other people have had this problem. However, I can tell you that ZC is not malicious.

#59 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:05 AM

i was told to get that one newist final version. I need no RCs for it? now my quest crashes when I try to play it

#60 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:18 PM

i was told to get that one newist final version. I need no RCs for it? now my quest crashes when I try to play it

have you opened your quest in the editor and resaved it using the latest version? it may just need to be resaved in the latest build to stop it from crashing. I upgraded mine not too long ago and it's worked fine for me when testing my quest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users