Photo

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

• Please log in to reply
2278 replies to this topic

#46 Keshet

Keshet

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:37 PM

^^ I do that a lot. Y'now, hallucinating? Yes, Mr. Clooney, I'm talking about you...

But seriously. SSBB is going to kick total and complete ass. That technically speaks for anything you could say about it. But I totally call one of the new guys. And Pikachu. Yeah. Even though I suck at defense with basically everybody, Pikachu's awesome.

#47 Dethl

Dethl

@

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:29 PM

Okay first, ST's link.

Second, the site's released info on the control schemes. Playable with just the horizontal-remote, with the remote and the nunchuck, the classic controller, and the GC controller. Seems they went both ways.

#48 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:56 PM

Ah, so ShadowTiger's NOT a liar! Or crazy!

Yeah, I heard that they were going to make it for the GC controller because they didn't want to complicate the controls for veterans.

#49 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:14 PM

Well, heh. Label me as a Veteran, since I've done a lot of smashing in the previous two games, setting up primarily Level-9 melees, as well as completing Classic, Adventure, AND All-Star mode in Very Hard mode as Falco, and getting all 290 trophies to boot.

I'll try my hand with the Wii Remote setup, but if I don't get used to it right away, I may go with the Gamecube controller. I have easily gotten used to the Wii Remote in the last... *looks at his Wii game collection* probably around 10 games. I'll see if SSBB does well with the Wii Remote setup.

Oh, while we're on the subject of controls, I don't think "c-sticking" (using the C-stick on the Gamecube controller to pull off smash moves) should be implemented in the controls. It's pretty pointless.

#50 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE(Animus01 @ Jun 8 2007, 11:14 PM) View Post

Oh, while we're on the subject of controls, I don't think "c-sticking" (using the C-stick on the Gamecube controller to pull off smash moves) should be implemented in the controls. It's pretty pointless.

And nooby. My sister never learned how to smash using control stick + A because of the stupid yellow stick.

Yeah, I've beaten:
Classic on Very Hard
Adventure on Hard
All-Star on Hard
All Event Matches
as Marth, and I pretty much own any CPs in versus.

#51 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:33 PM

I've been keeping up with everything Brawl-related for a long time. I've checked the updates every night. =)

I hate to tell people I'm a Link player. Good players associate Link with noob. But noob I am not. I play a pretty good game.

Yeah, Link's bair is pretty good for comboing. I gotta say I love his nair, though. It beats almost anything. Most Link players who don't know what they're doing will spam the spin attack. This is a definate no. Even on the ground, a spin attack done wrong can and will have brutal consequences. This goes for several of Link's moves, including his downward thrust and his grab (goes without saying, really). You just have to be sure you know you'll get the hit before you use these moves.

With Link, grabbing out of throws is a must. I prefer upward throws to start combos. I also use a lot of projectiles, but mostly for mindgames. I never use items while on the ground, as that's a moment where you can't move. So I'll shorthop forward or backward, depending on the situation, before throwing an angled boomerang, and I'll do the same to pull out a bomb. How and where I throw these items limits what the other player can do. It may not make your opponent any more vulnerable (otherwise the game would be way too easy), but it allows me to better predict what they'll do next.

I admit I don't wavedash with Link, but that's because there's very little benefit gained. Link is a horrible wavedasher

Since you seem knowledgable enough about Melee and have seem to have some well-honed skills and reflexes, I challenge YOU, ShadowTiger, to a match of Brawl (assuming online is still in the cards, which I believe it is). icon_biggrin.gif

#52 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE(Dethl @ Jun 8 2007, 08:29 PM) View Post

Second, the site's released info on the control schemes. Playable with just the horizontal-remote, with the remote and the nunchuck, the classic controller, and the GC controller. Seems they went both ways.

Looks like it'll be the good ole GCN controller for me. icon_biggrin.gif I'd like to try it using the Wii remote, but it'll probably end up being better with the GCN controller. icon_unsettled.gif
QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jun 9 2007, 12:18 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Animus01 @ Jun 9 2007, 12:14 AM) View Post

And nooby. My sister never learned how to smash using control stick + A because of the stupid yellow stick.

Eb, how old's your sister? Cuz mine is five and she actually tries to do it the right way (except when she's desperate icon_razz.gif )

/me gets slapped icon_deformed.gif

Yeah, I never use the C-stick, save for zooming, and you can't do that in vs. mode. Besides, you can't do it in 1-player modes. So why have it in vs. mode? icon_shrug.gif

EDIT: On the sister thing, that's not the fact that I bully her in Smash Bros. We usually play on the same team, but sometimes we go head to head. Just clearing that up so nobody thinks I'm a jerk. icon_razz.gif

Edited by The Satellite, 11 June 2007 - 11:42 AM.

#53 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE(Fox)
I never use items while on the ground, as that's a moment where you can't move.
Well put. I tend to avoid items that are on the ground, UNLESS if it's on one of those platforms above you, similar to Battlefield or Fountain of Dreams. I'm a heavy Z-Grabber. I have a tendency to shorthop and hit Z before anyone else can grab an item. I also prefer to catch items thrown at me in midair. I know it's risky, but I really do prefer to stay airborn while I fight. There are just so many more advantages to disadvantages, and even the disadvantages are balanced if you can time your priority moves correctly. So yes, I will ditto Fox's post to the T.

Oh, sweet, they've Got Fox! ... obviously. icon_heh.gif

I've also been experimenting a lot with Captain Falcon. I'm doing my best to avoid his dair, but it's just so horribly tempting. >.< I'm actually trying to work with combos utilizing the regular standing "A" punch, (The first one, not the second one in the "A" series.) then I grab, throw down, Forward+B, Uair, and, if I can, forward+B again. After that, it's anyone's game.

#54 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jun 11 2007, 09:07 AM) View Post

Eb, how old's your sister? Cuz mine is five and she actually tries to do it the right way (except when she's desperate icon_razz.gif )

Old enough to have a driver's permit. If I fight her one on one, it doesn't matter what she does- she's toast. But I don't enjoy that because I look for a challenge in games... so I fight her and my bro on a team. I usually get owned, but sometimes pull a win out.

#55 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jun 11 2007, 12:53 PM) View Post

Old enough to have a driver's permit.

Now that makes it even funnier. icon_razz.gif

I seriously think people are wimps when they use the C-stick instead of Control Stick+A. Except in the case of little kids: then it's annoying. icon_deformed.gif

#56 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jun 11 2007, 11:26 AM) View Post

Oh, sweet, they've Got Fox! ... obviously. icon_heh.gif

Yeah. I just saw the recent update. icon_w00t.gif Unfortunately, I wish the chosen pics were better. The pic of Fox using his Fire Fox (lol, browser attack, j/k) was shot too early, and the pic with Fox's Fox Illusion was shot too late, and probably from not too good of an angle. But hey, I still love the update, and I still want to play SSBB. icon_biggrin.gif Those pics are making me want the game even more just to see what Fox's Fire Fox attack looks like! icon_lol.gif

#57 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:03 PM

Good lord, that site needs to get all the Captain Obvious characters done -_-

#58 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:44 PM

Moonwhisper, they are going to milk it for a while. If they just gave out all of the "Captain Obvious" characters, and still wanted to keep the others secrets, then we wouldn't have any news on the game until E3, and perhaps even longer. Nintendo is a very secretive company, this is like a first that they are actually updating news for a game that is months away from its release. Be proud of Nintendo, be proud! lol

#59 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:02 PM

Where's all the Donkey Kong characters? Does Rare have a strict copyright or is Nintendo just being neglective?

#60 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:31 PM

Well they do have copyright of Diddy. I am not sure about the others. Rare, I think has Dixie and others. But maybe Nintendo got permission for the copyrights, or owns them since the split. I don't know actually.

But you can tell Donkey Kong and Yoshi will be in this game. Yoshi is more obivious since they are actually showing his level in the trailer and also on the site. So soon we will be getting, NEW CHARACTERS: Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and Regular Samus!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users