FireBird Tileset

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

#46 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

Hello guys. Thank you for the feedback as always. You have been asking for an update, so I guess here I go! To be honest, though, I am not even in the best place to say what's going on right now: I haven't been active on anything PZC related since shortly after I posted this as my bachelor thesis has been demanding my attention (I aim to finish my degree this summer). Further, my mother has been diagnosed with a serious condition which futher demands my personal attention. I do not see meself getting really active on PZC until at least summer. So that's for me.

I do not know what Linkus has been up to, but I do know that Jonathan has been working on the tileset. I have talked to him and he says that it is not ready for release yet. I have been kind of trying to argue to just release an unfinished version of it, but at the same time I can see why he wouldn't want to do that. (So what does that mean? No release in January? I'm afraid so, yes.) We have been offered help with the missing sprites (mostly Link, NPC and enemy stuff as well as items), though, so I hope there is going to happen something soon in that department.

I hope nobody feels let down.

Well, I for one am incredibly outraged by this. (kidding :P)

RL comes first, and we all know stuff happens. However, I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that we're REALLY looking forward to the release of this tileset when it's ready. And we seriously hope this doesn't become another one of those "Great idea that got abandoned halfway through" things that happen all too often around here.

As we've said, great work on everything! And as soon as this is released, I'll be toying with it a lot personally.

#47 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )-(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

I can see a bright future for this set of tiles. Many thanks to the creators of it.

#48 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

Hello guys. Thank you for the feedback as always. You have been asking for an update, so I guess here I go! To be honest, though, I am not even in the best place to say what's going on right now: I haven't been active on anything PZC related since shortly after I posted this as my bachelor thesis has been demanding my attention (I aim to finish my degree this summer). Further, my mother has been diagnosed with a serious condition which futher demands my personal attention. I do not see myself getting really active on PZC until at least summer. So that's for me.

I do not know what Linkus has been up to, but I do know that Jonathan has been working on the tileset. I have talked to him and he says that it is not ready for release yet. I have been kind of trying to argue to just release an unfinished version of it, but at the same time I can see why he wouldn't want to do that. (So what does that mean? No release in January? I'm afraid so, yes.) We have been offered help with the missing sprites (mostly Link, NPC and enemy stuff as well as items), though, so I hope there is going to happen something soon in that department.

I hope nobody feels let down.

I'd rather have a finish, release worthy tileset then get it now!
Hope to see it soon still :3
Take ur time tho!

• coolgamer012345 likes this

#49 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

I'd rather have a finish, release worthy tileset then get it now!
Hope to see it soon still :3
Take ur time tho!

Exactly. Sprites are important!

#50 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

Yeah, I don't know why it was decided to tell you it was gonna come out in Janurary, that's never been a realistic expectation. :shrug:

• Jared likes this

#51 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:48 AM

Yeah, I don't know why it was decided to tell you it was gonna come out in Janurary, that's never been a realistic expectation. :shrug:

Oh well, I'll be as patient as possible for this tileset to be released.

Sometimes, I feel that people waiting patiently for something to be released is better than nagging the creators to hurry and finish the tileset. Just something I've learnt over the years. In the meantime, I'll use the GB tileset for about 3 more quests.

#52 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

Sometimes, I feel that people waiting patiently for something to be released is better than nagging the creators to hurry and finish the tileset.  Hand over the majesty that is your tileset before I do something drastic.

Fixed.

Nah.  Seriously, take as long as you need.  It looks great and I am sure that it will be more majestic yet when it is complete.

#53 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

So, have we any recent news on this tileset?

#54 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

I check everyday for this!!
Hope its coming along :3
NO RUSH THO!
Make it PERFECT!

AND

Spoiler

#55 Embc93

Embc93

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one checking for updates every day :b

#56 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one checking for updates every day :b

SURE you don't ;)

#57 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

So, have we any recent news on this tileset?

Um yes, there has been good progress on the sprites. The Linksheet has been completed to my knowledge, we have a bunch of sprites now and enemies have been worked on. Most if not all of it thanks to Relic's recent involvement with the tileset.

• Jared likes this

#58 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

Glad to hear more progress being made! Kinda looking forward to the final result of this tileset now :D

#59 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

Here's a screen (which Supindahood made) of a village near a beach with Link (which Relic sprited) talking a walk in the streets. (Yes, I didn't do a damn thing seen in this screen. Why do I post it then? Because people are too lazy. ._.)

wtFjD94.png

I wish one of the guys would find a little time to throw together a few screens showing of some of the new tiles that have been sprited so that you would see something new as well (such as the new Rupee graphics, for a start, as this one in here is an outdated sprite). If you had payed close attention you will notice that the houses here sort of different from the FB house graphics seen elsewhere. That's right! They are the smaller, easy-to-use true GB dimension houses that are included as alternatives to the slightly more elaborated bigger house graphics.

• Bourkification, strike, Jared and 3 others like this

#60 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

Here's a screen (which Supindahood made) of a village near a beach with Link (which Relic sprited) talking a walk in the streets. (Yes, I didn't do a damn thing seen in this screen. Why do I post it then? Because people are too lazy. ._.)

wtFjD94.png

I wish one of the guys would find a little time to throw together a few screens showing of some of the new tiles that have been sprited so that you would see something new as well (such as the new Rupee graphics, for a start, as this one in here is an outdated sprite). If you had payed close attention you will notice that the houses here sort of different from the FB house graphics seen elsewhere. That's right! They are the smaller, easy-to-use true GB dimension houses that are included as alternatives to the slightly more elaborated bigger house graphics.

And this is why the wait is necessary. I can't seem to find any other words than to say great job everyone! :clap: Everyone, Supindahood, Shiek, Relic, Migokalle, Linkus and everyone, you have seriously outdone yourselves. :)

• Jared likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FireBird, Tileset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users