• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#526 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Lets see, off the top of my head...

Beat IWBTG on Very Hard with under 10 deaths. (Not nearly as impressive as it sounds. Most of the game is just memorization)
Beat Liberation of Hyrule without Gold Tunic.
Beat Mike Tyson's Punch Out.
Cleared Tower of Lost Souls (both directions!) in Soul Calibur 4.
100% King of Fighters 2002UM without the game pity-unlocking stuff.
3 heart OoT3D Master Quest.
3 heart most of the 2D Zeldas, minus the original and LttP (Lttp can't be 3 heart...).
Done almost every kind of self imposed challenge possible in Majora's Mask.
Solo'd all 3 hardmode Terraria bosses at once.
Unlocked (but can't beat) Yukari in Touhou 7.
100% Final Fantasy 12 (Screw this game so much sometimes).
Beat Skyward Sword Hero Mode with 6 hearts and no Hylian Shield.
Beat Devil May Cry 3 and 4 on every difficulty.
100% Mario Kart Double Dash in 1 day.
Platinum God in Binding of Isaac in around a month of owning the game.
Beat Christopher Robin in Pooh Baseball. (This is probably the hardest one on this list. >______>)

I've had a long and painful gaming career. :(
  • Yloh likes this

#527 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

Beat Christopher Robin in Pooh Baseball. (This is probably the hardest one on this list. >______>)

I've had a long and painful gaming career. :(

Wait ... what in the world ... probably the hardest one on your list?!? What is Christopher Robin on?

Your list is very impressive Evan20k.

This is everything on my list that is impressive.

Beat Battle Kid on Unfair
Beat Liberation of Hyrule without buying any of the cheat items
Beat Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts on expert without getting hit once
Beat a level 13 song in In The Groove
Figured out how to beat Super Metroid without the Varia Suit
Beat Street Fighter 3 Third Strike in one quarter
Beat the original Ninja Turtles arcade game in one quarter
Beat the original Ninja Turtles game on the NES
Beat Battle Toads without using a continue
Beat Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Beat Ninja Gaiden 1,2,3
Beat The Adventures of Link
Beat Super Ghosts and Ghouls on the hardest difficulty
Beat F-Zero Z on master difficulty
Beat Contra 4 on hard
Beat the Subspace Emissary in Smash Brothers Brawl on intense without using a single continue
Beat Giga Bowser in adventure mode in Smash Melee on very hard without using a continue
Beat every boss on SFxMM without getting hit with the mega buster only
Beat the Dragovian Trials in Dragon Quest 8 with every character under level 45
Beat Descent on Insane
Beat QWOP
Beat Crashman from Mega Man 2 while I was physically in another room watching TV with a wireless controller (A lot easier than it sounds)

Despite how hard some of these sound, I really abused the game mechanics to accomplish a lot of these.

Edited by Yloh, 02 May 2013 - 11:01 AM.

• Evan20000 likes this

#528 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

After seeing some of your playthroughs, I knew you were good at video games, but damn.... O_O

Wait ... what in the world ... probably the hardest one on your list?!? What is Christopher Robin on?

http://www.flashrela...-Run-Derby.html
Your jimmies are not ready. Actually, I think you might be able to pull it off.
  • nicklegends likes this

#529 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

Christopher Robin is the devil. Who knew such an innocent game could be so cruel.
  • Evan20000 likes this

#530 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

Just beat the original Castlevania. Damn that was difficult, but also very satisfying. :D

#531 Dethl

Dethl

@

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

After about 4 months of "eh maybe working towards this", another 2 months of "I'M GONNA DO IT", and a month of "goddamn this is depressing, should have left the fun steps to last, gold farming is BORING", I've managed to finish building the best sword in Guild Wars 2, the Legendary quality Bolt.
gw014.jpggw015.jpg

For an idea of how much this is worth, current price on the auction house is 1450 gold, putting it at the 4th highest value in the game (after the three legendary greatswords, one of which needs the other two to be made). For "pay to win" value, this is worth $493 of real currency, roughly by today's rates.

It gives you a lightning effect when drawn and fancy footprints, and guaranteed best-in-slot stats if there comes a day when higher stat tiers are introduced. And also, eventually, the ability to change the stat sets at whim.

I had nothing better to do.

(it also makes everything i kill do an "electrified" animation. so you know. there's that.

#532 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

I have beat OoT atleast 3 times (N64 version) (each time beating ganon with a different tunic on) I have also beat Metroid Prime 1/2/3 a few times(MP1/2 on camecube and MP3 on Wii) , TloZ Twilight princess once or twice(Wii version), ALttP about 2 times (On Wii virtual download) (defeated ganon probably 4-5 times), Z1 once (Same as AlttP) (I almost finished a swordless run!, But then I got stuck in L6 and my ZC crashed with my hard earned killing Blue Gorias with the blue candle and whatnot), I have got through a few dungeons in Z2 with stats of about 6-7-7 (Read what Z1 says) , I have beat pikmin 1 and 2 once (I have gotten far through both with a few files), I have beat Majoras Mask (Holly PZC, Read what Z2 says) once and some others but that is all the game stuff I can think of right now.

#533 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

So Evan suggested playing "Last Russ On Earth", basically a game of Left 4 Dead, where it's me vs Evan, Team, Jubbz, and Moosh. Since I was feeling suicidal, I agreed, just wondering how long it would take to get wiped.

I won.

One person, vs 4 other (insanely good at teamwork) people, and I won. I don't even know how.

http://cloud-3.steam...18CA790A57E51C/

• Ventus and David like this

#534 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

So Evan suggested playing "Last Russ On Earth", basically a game of Left 4 Dead, where it's me vs Evan, Team, Jubbz, and Moosh. Since I was feeling suicidal, I agreed, just wondering how long it would take to get wiped.

I won.

One person, vs 4 other (insanely good at teamwork) people, and I won. I don't even know how.

http://cloud-3.steam...718CA790A57E51C

Which proves that the "Last Russ on Earth" is the most powerful of them all! :)

Anyways, congrats! It proves that you are better than you think :D

#535 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:08 PM

By the way, Russ, the link doesn't work for me somehow?

Edited by DaviAwesome, 24 August 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#536 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

Oh, whoops. Fixed it.

It proves that you are better than you think

Or that the AI director loves me.

Not that anybody cares, but Jubbz recorded most of it here: http://www.twitch.tv...bbz/b/450974742

Fair warning, some of his mods are a bit... silly.

• David likes this

#537 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

Probably a stupid question, but isn't there a site somewhere that comes up with unofficial achievement lists for old games that don't do achievements? I could have sworn I'd seen a site like that before, but I can't remember what it was. I've played through most of my games every way I can imagine, it'd be interesting to see what kinds of things people have come up with to add some replayability to them.

#538 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

Just beat Battletoads for the first time. No warps. I almost did it on my first continue, but not quite. In any case...
20131013_200845.jpg
EDIT: As of 10/28/13, I've beaten the game without using the five-lives code, warps, continues or what might be considered "cheating" tactics (skipping the final snakes on Karnath's Lair and sitting at the very bottom of the screen to dodge the launching rockets in Volkmire's Inferno). To make things better, I finished with all my hearts filled in, meaning I ended with more lives than I began with. I'll take it.
  • SpacemanDan likes this

#539 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:31 AM

Some of these are going to seem lame, but here goes:

Zelda Series

-Beat A Link to the Past under minimalist rules without dying, getting Silver Arrows or getting hit against Ganon

-Completed Minish Cap with only 3 hearts no deaths

-Beat both 1st and 2nd quest of the original LoZ without a single death with no sequence breaking

-Got the Whistle in 1st quest's level 5 straight from the beginning sword only no damage

Minecraft

-Unlocked all achievements twice (I had them all but they reset on me due to a glitch)

Terraria

-Soloed every single boss successfully on my first attempt as of 1.2

-Completed every single end-game armor (Turtle, Spectre and Shroomite with all three helmets)

-Beat Eater of Worlds with 100 Life, 0 armor with only a Spear, Iron Bow, Shurikens and Grenades w/o needing to heal (after a few botched attempts)

-Have over 500 hours recorded according to Steam

Dragon Quest Series

-Completed a solo Hero run of Dragon Warrior 3 three times (all with deaths)

-Brought down the Axe Knight in Dragon Warrior 1 at level 12 (after several attempts)

Paper Mario (N64)

-100% game completion (all badges, star pieces, level 27, etc)

Final Fantasy Series

-Completed a few Red Mage/Wizard solo runs in FF1 for the NES

-Completed Soul of Rebirth 100% in the GBA versions of FF1 and FF2, including 100% bestiary

-Beat Unne in FF3 DS in a hilarious fashion; she hit my Monk twice and got 2-hit KO'ed by Retaliate, all before anyone else in my party could lay a finger on her

Castlevania Series

-Finished Castlevania II without dying and before the 5th night started

-Beat the entirety of Circle of the Moon with all five classes deathless

-Beat the above game at level 38 in Vampirekiller mode (mostly abusing STR boosting equipment)

-Completed Circle of the Moon with no equipment whatsoever, no DSS cards, no items and no subweapons, none of which I leveled beyond level 40 for

#540 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:43 AM

I've finally done it, I've finally achieved Platinum God on The Binding of Isaac, all achievements, all items, all secrets, 100% completion. Officially ready for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users