Official Game Achievements Thread

• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#496 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

I beat Bongo Bongo on OoT 3D Master Quest in 20 seconds on the "Relive A Battle" option, I'll get screenshots up soon since I am at school at the moment. icon_heh.gif

Edited by Sepulcher, 08 May 2012 - 07:33 AM.

#497 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Well, I finally beat Battletoads on the NES. I used two warps - the one in the Turbo Tunnel and the one in Karnath's Lair. I can do the Arctic Caverns, I just didn't want to risk any lives there. Karnath's Lair I can do decently, but Volkmire's Inferno...no thanks. D:

Managed to get to the Dark Queen herself without losing continues. Would have beaten her on my first, but after 'defeating' her, I forgot she came back up and could still damage you and was on my last life, so I had to do it again... >_<

But, the point is...I beat it. icon_biggrin.gif

#498 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

You know that thing in the original Super Mario Bros where you can beat the entire game in 4 minutes using the warp zones? Well...I beat it in 5 minutes a few days ago. Close enough, I feel just as accomplished! icon_biggrin.gif

And yet I continue to struggle in The Adventure of Link...jeebus kraipst I hate the leveling system in that game.

Edited by DavidReinold, 20 July 2012 - 09:38 AM.

#499 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE(DavidReinold @ Jul 20 2012, 07:37 AM) View Post
You know that thing in the original Super Mario Bros where you can beat the entire game in 4 minutes using the warp zones? Well...I beat it in 5 minutes a few days ago. Close enough, I feel just as accomplished! icon_biggrin.gif

World record TAS is 04:57:31, making your 5-minute run all the more impressive.

#500 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(nicklegends @ Jul 20 2012, 01:10 PM) View Post

World record TAS is 04:57:31, making your 5-minute run all the more impressive.

well it was closer to 5:30 or 5:45, but I always round down, not up.

It was also by sheer luck - my previous best was about 10 minutes.

EDIT: Watching that video, I'm realizing I'm no longer sure HOW the hell I pulled it off. Killing the Lakitu in 8-2 was completely by accident, I think that helped me quite a bit...as for the hammer bros, I just took the high road...but there were several moments when I thought for sure I'd die.

Anyway, yeah. Mine was a total fluke, I'm sure of it now.

EDIT 2: Now you've got me thinking...because that doesn't seem possible, but I'd SWEAR...oh god I'm so confused...I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DID! I swear to you I beat it under 6 minutes! Agh now I'm really wishing I'd recorded it so I could know the exact time...

Edited by DavidReinold, 20 July 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#501 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

Just beat I Wanna Be The Guy Gaiden Act 1 Hard Curse Mode

And I'm close on Very hard, but I want to wait till Curse mode goes away...

#502 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

I beat Ocarina of Time 3D Master Quest with three hearts, lowest magic possible, no health meter upgrade, no shield (except in the spirit temple where it's required), and the weakest swords (no biggoron's sword).

#503 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:21 AM

I got 1'39"06 on a Rainbow Road time trial on the Super Nintendo (Super Mario Kart). I'm sure there are people even on this site who can beat this easily, but I'm pretty proud of it. icon_smile.gif

#504 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

I don't know if I could beat that right now as I haven't played Super Mario Kart in a LOOOONG time. (since I was 6) I used to be pretty good at it as I used to always place first, but now when I recently picked it up, I just plain sucked at it. icon_lol.gif

#505 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

My recent game achievements:
New Super Mario Bros. Wii 100%: Got all those coins, that wasn't easy..
Finished Skyward Sword without dieing (in Normal Mode): Pretty fun! I got all heart pieces this time.
Beat Xenoblade Chronicles: What a great game! But I will continue playing this, exploring more of the world and doing more sidequests.

#506 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:43 AM

Beat Deus Ex: Human Revolution on the 360 on Give Me Deus Ex difficulty (Hard) without killing anyone (except bosses, which is required) and without setting off any alarms. Love that game. icon_smile.gif

EDIT: Oh! I also beat Mega Man 2 recently in 1 hour and 40 minutes, first time playing the game in 3 years. That made me really happy. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Godsmacker, 25 July 2012 - 06:57 AM.

#507 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

Beat Super Mario Bros. DS in under 40 Minutes from start to finish.

Also really good at Super Smash Bros. Melee. Beat a Level 9 Bowser at handicap 9 while I fought at a handicap level of 1 (as Peach).

#508 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

Woohoo! I beat the Fire Temple In ocarina Of Time, For my first time in my life icon_neutral.gif Now if I can beat the game >_<

#509 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE(Sepulcher @ May 8 2012, 08:32 AM) View Post
I beat Bongo Bongo on OoT 3D Master Quest in 20 seconds on the "Relive A Battle" option, I'll get screenshots up soon since I am at school at the moment. icon_heh.gif
Never did get those screenshots. icon_razz.gif

Anyways, just cleared Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4's 190 goals legitimately, without cheats. I feel accomplished, especially since these were hard goals to me as a kid, and I'd resort to cheats to get through them. Heck one I couldn't get even with cheats, and I got it on my second try (the first try I screwed up something and restarted). Childhood obstacles: Conquered.

#510 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

I recently beat Captain Falcon in Melee with Captain Falcon set on handicap 9 and myself, as Peach, on handicap 1 icon_awesome.gif No glitches or anything.

I think I just set a world record >_>

I just learned about the Master Hand Glitch in Melee, and I used it to play with him in Cruel Melee. Since it's a % match, Master Hand can't be KO'd. I just decided to stop after beating the living hell out of those wireframes for about an hour, and I'm finishing with 1234 KO's. This is insane! I tried to take a picture with my webcam, but the quality on the friggin' thing sucks so bad, that you cant even make out the numbers, even if I zoom up to it

You can at least tell that there's 4 digits there >_>

So to anyone who's ever played Cruel Melee, you've been avenged!

How on Earth did you perform the Master Hand glitch on Cruel Melee!! There must be some alternate method I don't know about! I'd really like to know how you did this!

-Strike

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users