Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#31 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

Is it bad that I'm more excited that we got to see the exterior of Sootopolis City? Anyways, trailer was cool, but... Groudon coming up from the ocean doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Oh well.

#32 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

I wonder if this version will go by Pokemon Emerald's storyline? I found that the opposing side of Team Aqua or Team Magma being your ally to be a bit awkward.

#33 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:35 PM

I wonder if this version will go by Pokemon Emerald's storyline? I found that the opposing side of Team Aqua or Team Magma being your ally to be a bit awkward.

I hope so.  I'd rather have to go fetch Rayquaza, and then get to catch all three of them, as well as the more wholesome story line.

#34 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

I hope so.  I'd rather have to go fetch Rayquaza, and then get to catch all three of them, as well as the more wholesome story line.

I agree, Emerald was a much better game - even though I loved Ruby and Sapphire. I'm assuming they're going to be doing the same as they've done with the previous remakes, where they'll incorporate elements of the third game of the generation. The trailer does at least indicate that there might be some differences story-wise between the two games, so it'll probably be a mixed bag, like I said.

#35 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:41 PM

BnZFt9DCMAAOkLd.jpg

• Dawnlight, Adem, Eddy and 2 others like this

#36 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

BnZFt9DCMAAOkLd.jpg

Dead.

I'm honestly so pumped for these games. My friend Dan and I have been livin' on a prayer hoping for Hoenn remakes but we had just given up hope. Then, BAM. I'm excited to see everything in XY graphics, if not slightly improved.

I wonder if the characters will be customizable like in XY? Hmm.

#37 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

if not slightly improved.

They better be!  Especially since XY only had unique entrance animations for you, your rivals, and team flare.  Even the Champion just had a still-art intro, like all the other trainers.  What's up with that?

Edited by Koh, 13 May 2014 - 09:24 AM.

#38 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

They better be!  Especially since XY only had unique entrance animations for you, your rivals, and team flare.  Even the Champion just had a still-art intro, like all the other trainers.  What's up with that?

Eh, I honestly couldn't care less about that but I guess it is something other people note. But I am just so excited to relive Hoenn in 3D, holy crap. I can't contain myself! Haha. I'm more souped for this than Smash Bros.

• Jared likes this

#39 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:43 AM

But in all seriousness, I'm with Hylian. I'm not really one for remakes. Look how many times movies like The Lion King and stuff were "remastered" or re-released for the new players. First you had the VHS tape of The Lion King, then the "remastered" DVD with a "deleted scene" or "behind the scenes", then ANOTHER "remaster" for BluRay. How about making Lion King 3 instead of just rehashing the same crap over and over again?

Well the DVD release is kinda justified as it's in 16x9 format instead of awful 4:3, the bluray release is kinda eh but not too pointless either as the higher resolution and higher compression/encoding quality does make a difference on large displays (Larger than 30").

Edited by franpa, 14 May 2014 - 12:43 AM.

#40 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

There's supposed to be additional information coming out next week.  Just throwing that out there.  Also this.

fee.png

EDIT:  CoroCoro Scans:

http://imgur.com/a/i8uHg

Trainer redesigns look like a step back from their Emerald designs, IMO, but not too bad.

Edited by Koh, 07 June 2014 - 07:24 PM.

• Dawnlight and Evan20000 like this

#41 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:27 PM

Some big news for this just popped up on Serebii.net if anyone is interested.

Basically Mega Swampert, Mega Sceptile and Mega Diancie confirmed. A few pictures shown of the gameplay and Brendan and May's new appearances as well.

Considering Mega Swampert, Mega Sceptile and Mega Diancie weren't in XY when it was hacked, this probably means there will be an update for it as well for them to be functional in XY.

#42 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

Come to think of it, now that Nintendo can just update the games as time goes on to make them functional with new Pokemon as they're released, or even have some sort of system where it only updates the Pokemon you already have that you want to back-port, they could make these games last much longer without needing remakes. For example, let's say Pokemon A/O comes out, adding an additional hundred critters. You manage to catch fifty of the things, and decide to back-port them down to X/Y/Ruby/Sapphire. The game downloads individual updates to make only those fifty new ones functional. You still can't catch them in the wild, but you can use them in battles so that you have more varied environments to train them in. If needed, they can have a special transfer limit, like only being able to back-port up to 100 Pokemon at once, so that the game can un-install the update files as needed, and game space isn't as much of an issue.

Still, that would probably be expecting too much from Nintendo, wouldn't it?

#43 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:35 AM

Basically Mega Swampert, Mega Sceptile and Mega Diancie confirmed.

Mega Swampert you say? I'm hoping this is gonna look really awesome because Swampert is my favourite starter of Gen 3 after all.

#44 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:48 AM

Actually...I just realized something.  How awesome do you guys think they're going to make the Volcano ash dropping, and the Desert area that can only be entered with the Go-Goggles?

Oh, and I want the best of remixes for this track; naught else will suffice but the best, because it remains the best frontier theme.

#45 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

Come to think of it, now that Nintendo can just update the games as time goes on to make them functional with new Pokemon as they're released, or even have some sort of system where it only updates the Pokemon you already have that you want to back-port, they could make these games last much longer without needing remakes. For example, let's say Pokemon A/O comes out, adding an additional hundred critters. You manage to catch fifty of the things, and decide to back-port them down to X/Y/Ruby/Sapphire. The game downloads individual updates to make only those fifty new ones functional. You still can't catch them in the wild, but you can use them in battles so that you have more varied environments to train them in. If needed, they can have a special transfer limit, like only being able to back-port up to 100 Pokemon at once, so that the game can un-install the update files as needed, and game space isn't as much of an issue.

Still, that would probably be expecting too much from Nintendo, wouldn't it?

Pretty sure the updates land on the memory card. I doubt they've saved space on the actual game cartridge for future patches. So they don't need to limit themselves like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users