what does your name mean?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#31 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:47 AM

My name? Its a name I used for about 8 or 9 years now, the obvious meaning is that I'm a superhero with a quirky name, the not so obvious meaning is that MP are my initials.

Edited by Master_of_Power, 02 January 2007 - 06:47 AM.

#32 andrewmcd1

andrewmcd1

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:45 AM

My nick Can mean two things-

1) General_Fondue as in head of the army with second name "Fondue"
2) General_Fondue where "General" means "Universal", "All-purpose", "Wide ranging" and the like.

Edit: Well, I've just noticed i used the wrong name. -_- indeed.

My Name Here is just my first name with the first three letters of my second name and a random number (1)

Edited by andrewmcd1, 02 January 2007 - 02:21 PM.

#33 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:32 PM

Oh, man... I used to have this sweet sprite of a metroid with a party hat...

It wasn't well-shaded, but it was sweet 'cause it was a metroid with a party hat. :B Well, yeah; party metroid. Yeah, well, I just realized that that's my Internet alias... that I use for instant messaging and everything else where the name Aaron is taken...

Yeah. Aaron is my real name. Wanna fight 'bout it?

#34 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:54 PM

Oh alright then.

My first name as James, and then someone discovered my middle name was Robert.
Sorry, boring.

Get Spantac to explain hers, it's like a 4th generation nickname.

#35 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:09 AM

Well, my nickname came from the video game NBA Street Vol. 2. I created a player as me, and his top skill was sinking 3 point shots. That range got me the nickname of "Satellite," which I spread among my friends since I liked it. Over time, it evolved into "The Satellite," but I accept both forms (with or without saying "the"). I'm a pretty good basketball player in real life, but I don't have actual "Satellite" range. I can still shoot pretty good, though.

#36 Flaming_idiot_dude

Flaming_idiot_dude

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:31 PM

A stupid insulting dude. No wait, that's wrong. An insulting stupid male. There we go. icon_smile.gif It even has a story: Long ago, when I was six or whatever, some of my cousins came over and showed me Neopets, being incoherently unintelligent, I suggested "dude"(for a username). But, of course, it was taken. Then I suggested "idiot dude". She added a _ and said it was taken. Then, failing to add any further, she (her name is Zoe), followed along those lines and added flaming_- to it. And, in honour of her, I use it to this day. Unless places don't except names that long. Then I use Nukleurfire.

Edited by Flaming_idiot_dude, 05 January 2007 - 12:31 PM.

#37 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:38 PM

Koopa stands for the way of the tortoise - going thorugh life with a shell on to protect you from arm and mean people jumping on you. Koopas can also change their shells, and often you'll see them with different shells in different situations. As a rule, they keep their shells on at all times, and only take them off when they really are sure it's safe to do so. If a koopa ever tells you you're a person he wouldn't mind talking to with his shell off, that means he really trusts you.

There's a lot more, basically it's a roleplaying thing. It all started when a friend told me I was like a little tortoise: hard shell, soft inside. In real life, that's more or less true.

#38 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:28 AM

Sir Pimpalot was my DJ name when I took a DJ encore class in 7th Grade.

#39 Phoenix Fable

Phoenix Fable

Adept

• Members

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:32 AM

Well, I conldn't think of any good names when I first signed up so I chose Someguy Prod.
I was actually trying to make it someguy productions but I decided not to.

#40 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:10 PM

I chose my name because it sounded old fashioned and the beginning has a cluster of good-sounding vowels to it. Try saying it one or twice and really listening to it- you'll see what I mean. It's pronounced "ear-clan", by the way.

#41 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:03 AM

Not that anyone cares or will read this but my name did not come from anything.
When I was 13-14, I needed an alias to go by online other than "Graham".
I needed a name that I thought was cool sounding, somthing fierce.
Back then I just started getting into roms and I had been downloading child hood memories (Games I played in my younger days).
I had beaten Final Fantasy IV for the SNES on an emulator and liked Zemus's name but didn't want to be unorigional by taking that name so I just made my own version.
I came up with Zemious. (Zim-i-us is how its pronounced)

I've been Zemious ever since, 4-5 years or so and I will always be that. icon_smile.gif

#42 Bix

Bix

Junior

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:22 AM

Up Your Nose is kinda an insult. It came from my friend, when we were with The Satellite and another friend. We were walking a little into the parking lot, and an oncoming car horned us. My friend's like "Yeah. Up yours!" Our other friend's dad is like "Don't say that," because he thought he was implying "up your a**." Later he told us that he meant to say "Up your nose," and I liked it, so it became my PureZC name.

#43 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:02 PM

My name means... well... umm... My name is Pete, so Pete+o = Peteo. icon_razz.gif
Peteo is like Meteo and I think it just sounds cooler than plain Pete, or my old username Petoe which was a weird brainfart from me.

#44 king-n

king-n

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:34 PM

N stands for Nintendo. LET THE ENIGMA DRIVE YOU TO MADNESS!

... icon_toast.gif

#45 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:42 PM

My name doesn't mean anything, from what I know. My brother stole it from his friend, I stole it from my brother and that is how I got this name. Nuvo. I actually want to change my name to Spectre in the future because a spectre is a ghost and just sounds cool. Nuvo is just a name I had in my mind at the time and chose it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users