More Dungeons Per Level/Passages Between Dungeons

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

Looks great, Nolornbon! Interesting dungeon colors in that screenshot.
Is Zelda waking Link from a dream or something?

Now, for an official "remake", you would plan on the overworld changing a bit, right? Granted I haven't played the 2nd quest in a long time and I haven't yet tried the 3rd quest (I don't think I ever saw the "official 4th quest", though I've heard of it), but I at least remember there being some screens switched or changed between the 1st and 2nd.

#32 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:06 AM

Zelda isn't waking Link up, she is just sensing that Link has fallen into a pit and injured himself. After falling into a pit, Link ends up back at the beginning of the dungeon.

I put out the idea of remaking the 3rd and 4th quests in the hopes that others will consider such a task. There are way too many remakes of the first and second quest out there, but nobody ever makes remakes of the 3rd and 4th quests. In the original 3rd and 4th quests made by the Zelda Classic community, the look of the overworld doesn't change all that much. However, caves and dungeon entrances are moved around. The dungeons themselves are different as well. The 3rd quest was made by AlphaDawg and is quite good, but it is also challenging. The 4th quest... icon_sigh.gif don't bother playing it. I did and I didn't like it at all. The dungeons in it are way too simplistic and linear. That quest really needs to be remade by somebody that can do a better job with dungeons. It would be nice if someday DarkFlameWolf would do a quest similar to Origin, but with the quest featuring remakes of the 3rd and 4th quests.

#33 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

I haven't given up on my dungeon yet. It's just that I won't design anything unless I feel that it is worth designing. I have to like the dungeon, and I have high standards when it comes to quality and beauty.

Have you ever thought of giving dungeons intros similar to what is seen in these videos from Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven?
Abandoned Temple of Baa
Castle Darkmoor
Agar's Laboratory
What you are looking for is the rendered images and descriptions accompanying them that appear before the dungeons are entered. In Skyward Sword, a cinematic is played every time Link enters a main dungeon for the first time. This is something I would like to see done in future quests.

Hyrule can be a very diverse place! With that said, it is a crying icon_cry.gif shame that the same themes are used in quests over and over and over and over... It is time for more original themes to enter the scene. Consider these themes for dungeons:
Giant extraterrestrial spacecraft
Abandoned ghost town
The themes of the dungeons in Skyward Sword
Dungeon combining the fire and darkness themes
The insides of a sick person
Massive yellow jacket hive
Dungeon that takes place in several time periods
Ancient space station
Mass of soldiers in a fortress formation
Structure that responds to sounds and vibrations
Castle in the side of a cliff with several floors
Fairy tale palace filled with magic
Subterranean mine filled with tar pits
Radioactive, ancient laboratory which was used for cloning purposes
The interior of a large dump with various objects being rooms
Ruins of a dome city on the moon of great antiquity
Vast graveyard of galleons
Dungeon that combines the fury of hurricanes and volcanoes

I have made a savage type of trap for my practice dungeon. If you get stuck in any of these rock grinders, you will take damage until you break free or die! When you break free of the rock grinders in this room, you will be pushed into the center path (the one with the lock block.) This, obviously, is a setback (unless you forgot to unlock the lock block.) Be warned; I test everything very thoroughly!
Say howdy to the trap you will fear (image of trap is here!)

Edited by Nolornbon, 16 December 2011 - 10:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users