The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

• Please log in to reply
399 replies to this topic

#361 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:12 PM

Whew, after a long 3 Day Cycle where I helped everybody who needed it (except the old lady from the Bomb Shop, because helping her prevents you from completing the Kafei and Anju sidequest which I think is more important. I also didn't get the Stray Fairies either, because that would have taken too much time) and a couple other things (like getting the frogs with the Don Gero Mask), I finally took on the final boss and beat the game 100% (Getting the last 4 Heart Pieces and the Fierce Deity Mask which I didn't even use for the final boss).

Edited by KEM64, 25 February 2015 - 04:16 PM.

• Jared and LinkFan212 like this

#362 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

http://www.gamespot....ftag=YHRe6a6b70

Why? Lol
  • LinkFan212 likes this

#363 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:44 PM

What an Idiot.

#364 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:03 PM

Because people are stupid and don't think.

#365 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:19 PM

I think it's pretty cool looking from an artistic standpoint.

All the rage in the comments people have shown so far just shows how materialistic they are, ha ha.  Obviously this guy wasn't so invested in the 3DS as to not trash it in the name of art.  He's got some serious balls to announce it to people whom he is aware are over obsessive of things like this.

If anything should be called ridiculous here, it's that pricetag.  11K for this?  Seems way too high.  

Edited by Koh, 26 February 2015 - 02:20 PM.

#366 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

Apparently people think of me when they look at the MM3D box art. *Points to avatar*

• Anthus likes this

#367 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

Haha, I'm guilty, Jared. I think I've glanced at the box a few times and thought, "Oh there's Jared" before I could stop myself. ;)

I'm closing in on my 100% now. I still haven't finished the moon and the ending, but I think I can pretty safely say I like this better than the original. This is coming from a die hard fan who played the original to death and considered it in my top 3 games of all time. There's a whole bunch of minor annoyances, a few major annoyances, and then a whole lot of stuff that feels amazing.

My absolute favorite change is actually the Bomber's Notebook. In the original, simply talking to a person would fill in their entire schedule for you. You still had to figure out where and how to meet them, but the "when" was all laid out for you. Now, however, you have to interact with someone in a given period for their schedule to be updated, requiring you to piece together their schedules on your own. If it were left like that, it would probably be too overwhelming, but the Bomber kids now give rumors about peoples' schedules and how to accomplish everything. I think this is brilliant! Not only does it serve as a convenient checklist for things you still need to do, but it makes the world feel even more alive, like there's just so much to do. I love walking into town and seeing one of the bombers get all excited because he has some new information, and these clues are just vague enough that new players should have a good time piecing things together. To me, this is the biggest positive change the game has made.

• Adem, Avaro and Jared like this

#368 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:48 PM

I'm entering the final temple! I've been trying to take it slow so I can enjoy the ride for awhile...I've really enjoyed this game so much!

I won't have too much trouble finishing off the 100% since pretty much all that's left is story-based items. Over all, I think they did a great job. I have to echo everything Aevin said. The original Majora's Mask has ranked on my top games list for ages and I was a little stressed about how this remake would turn out. While there are definitely a handful of frustrations with how certain things were handled (and I even encountered a fair amount of glitches), overall, it got the job done well and I'm really, genuinely happy.

It feels silly to be so happy about a videogame but I guess, if I'm going to admit it anywhere, it should be here. :P

#369 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:21 AM

Great Bay Temple complete with all the stray fairies. I didn't need a stinkin' guide! :lol: Now for the tedious Don Gero sidequest.

• LinkFan212 and Limebeer like this

#370 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:52 AM

Great Bay Temple complete with all the stray fairies. I didn't need a stinkin' guide! :lol: Now for the tedious Don Gero sidequest.

Who needs guides to find fairies? just need a mask ;)

Ahh the Don Gero sidequest... I have yet to do that one still. Too busy fishing ;)

• LinkFan212 likes this

#371 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

Finally got a new DS, so I can play this without random resets, and odd controller input.

I finished the Woodfall Temple, and haven't done much since. I got all the possible HPCs up to this point though, I think, but haven't touched many side quests yet. The next cycle or two will be spent doing everything I can before, and including Snowhead.

I like this remake a lot. There are a ton of small subtle changes, way more so then in the OoT remake (which did get a cool, additional boss gauntlet mode).

#372 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:49 PM

I'm just about to 100% this game. Are there any special rewards for fishing? Or is it just a fun minigame?

Edited by Dawnlight, 28 February 2015 - 06:55 PM.

#373 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:06 PM

As far as I know it's just an aside. Though you can catch a mini Jabu-Jabu apparently... and all you get is a verbal pat on the back.

• LinkFan212 likes this

#374 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:49 PM

Well, I almost 100%'d this game. I got all the masks, heart pieces, bottles, and defeated the final boss. All that's left is to catch all the fish.

#375 LinkFan212

LinkFan212

EVERYDAY is a BIG DAY

• Members

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:48 PM

So I just started my 3 heart run of the game today. Saved at Woodfall temple, probably will deal with it tonight. Not too worried about it till around Great Bay...when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. :P

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users