2012 -> End of the world?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#16 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:15 PM

Why do people waste their time coming up with such conspiracy theories? Oh right: So they can make a video about it and sell it to those foolish enough to buy it. I believe some people are just in it for the money. There is nothing truly religious about it at all. That is my theory. Plenty of bad things could happen to this world for many reasons, but it certainly won't abruptly end.

#17 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:30 PM

The evil of doing anything for money, that is.

Let's see here

Biblical Armageddon isn't due for at least two more millinea
Yellowstone's eruption isn't due for about five times that many years
Sun collapsing and swallowing the galaxy isn't due for something in the billions.

Maybe it's just that stuff Al Gore is always going on about. I'd laugh if we failed in that Green eco quest, simply cause I know it could have succeeded. Still can.

#18 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:17 PM

According to the book of Revelation, Armageddon isn't until 1000 years after the Second Coming of Christ.

I predict the Apocalypse (which prepares the world for the Second Coming by purging all the evil influences) won't happen at least until 2060.

#19 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE(Beefster)
I predict the Apocalypse (which prepares the world for the Second Coming by purging all the evil influences) won't happen at least until 2060.

Why do you say 2060?

QUOTE(Nathaniel)
Why do people waste their time coming up with such conspiracy theories? Oh right: So they can make a video about it and sell it to those foolish enough to buy it. I believe some people are just in it for the money. There is nothing truly religious about it at all. That is my theory. Plenty of bad things could happen to this world for many reasons, but it certainly won't abruptly end.

That sounds like the most reasonable explenation to me.

Oh, and Happy New Year, everyone! icon_smile.gif

#20 Lune

Lune

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:52 AM

I don't think that the end of the world is 2012 because the Bible says it will be when we least expect it. It is unpredictable. The book of revelation does not refer to future physical events, but the rise and fall of the roman empire and shows the imagery of heaven and God's power. According to the Bible, the second coming could be whenever. Christ will not physically reign over the Earth. Revelation is not a book of prophecies, but of events that have already happened. I do not believe that there are "circles of Hell" either because our physical bodies will be gone. We cannot physically suffer, so we are separated from God instead. This is my belief and how I think of the Bible.

#21 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:01 AM

Year 2012:
IPB Image

#22 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:37 AM

I have also heard that the Ancient Mayans predicted the world would end in 2012. In fact, I actually read it. So, if you want to believe it, go ahead. Just remember, it could be like Y2K.

The magazine I read it from was one by the name of "X-Factor". I think it was a series of magazines that were about paranormal activities. If I can find that article i'll scan the section about 2012 for you all. Just for proof. icon_razz.gif

#23 Arthas

Arthas

Adept

• Members

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE(Taco Chopper @ Jan 1 2008, 03:37 AM) View Post

I have also heard that the Ancient Mayans predicted the world would end in 2012. In fact, I actually read it. So, if you want to believe it, go ahead. Just remember, it could be like Y2K.

The magazine I read it from was one by the name of "X-Factor". I think it was a series of magazines that were about paranormal activities. If I can find that article i'll scan the section about 2012 for you all. Just for proof. icon_razz.gif

The Y2K bug did affect and render unusable 70,000 pc's worldwide. These 'prophecies' only affect my patience.

#24 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:51 AM

Mind you, I was only 8 years old when Y2K took place, so I didn't really have a clue what happened. Only episodes of Futurama and readings of literature later showed me the disastrous effects.

#25 Solarrain4

Solarrain4

The Blurred Line In-Between

• Members

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

I think it's bulls**t. They also said it was gonna happen on June 6, 2006 (6/6/6) and it never happened, now did it?

It happens when it happens. Let's leave it at that.

Edited by Solarrain4, 01 January 2008 - 01:49 PM.

#26 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:39 PM

There is only one rock headed for Earth (that we know of), and it is 800 years away. None of you have to worry about it.

This video is just too cool to not mention. YES IT IS IN JAPANESE(I think) but the video itself is awesome.

#27 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:20 PM

I don't believe that the world will end in 2012, but I also don't think the people who believe it are crazy. The mayans predicted alot of stuff (I heard, I could be wrong) that came true.

QUOTE(Beefster @ Dec 31 2007, 06:17 PM) View Post

Your guess is not far from mine, I figured it would be 2054 give or take a year or two. icon_wink.gif

#28 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:33 PM

I think it's unlikely that the world's going to end in 2012.

There's still pleny of living to be done between now and then if it does though, might as well make the most of it.

#29 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:55 PM

I believe this armageddon date for years, I were even referring to it many times. It's just that I heard it from so many independent ancient sources... it can't be coincidence. Plus if human evilness is what clears humans from Earth, then this is the best time, since nowadays even those are filled with evilness whos call themselves "good". Aztecs (Or mayas?" said "The Earth will change orbit. Everybody dies." The fact that they already knew that the Earth has an orbit is already formidable. Must place trust in them. I suspect a comet or such. And I don't really think that any kind of gods or aliens or such will have anything to do with the case. Altough, some signs point to the other way...

EDIT: Oh, and if the world doesn't end by the December of 2012, don't come to laugh on me, the foretold date is the END of 2012. Coincidentally, the number mistyc meaning of 2012 is that "Your final time." and 2013's is "You meet your god now.".

Edited by CastChaos, 01 January 2008 - 08:57 PM.

#30 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE(Hunter P Brown @ Dec 30 2007, 11:02 PM) View Post

Wasn't a meteor supposed to collide with earth at this time?

Yep, I would say so.

Something about a meteor that's a great distance away from earth, with earth close by/in range of it.

That video doesn't say anything about a specific meteor or 2012. It just says how we could prevent a meteor if it was to crash into earth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users