Photo

Screenshot of the Week 167

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 167 (60 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:30 PM

Wah. Beautiful tiles, boring screens.

Cast- Over using the same tile. Try to edit it to make at least one variation so your eyes don't go, damn, lots of the same boring tile.

Other Two- Good graphic, boring **** screens. Comon Magi, you didn't even crop the picture! Do that at least man before considering yourself ready to submit a shot worthy of winning.

Tri- Bad pallete (at least in my opinion), decent graphic, and decent screen design. Nothing impressive, but you are by far the best here. Still needs a lot of work though.

#17 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:29 PM

And now for this week review and also my 400th post *clears thought*

CastChaos : not bad but the blue things all over the screen put me off (I'm talking about the blue dotes) but the crestles are fine

Fire Wizzrobe : not bad great GFX but GFX don't make me pick you and the plalet isn't great (too bright)

Migokalle : too much detile but other than that the screen flows ok (look too much detile don't look to great when zoomed in

Trimaster001: pure at it's best good job with the screen.

So my vote was
Trimaster001
Migokalle and Fire Wizzrobe (couldn't decide between these 2 screens)
CastChaos wasn't far away from Migokalle and Fire Wizzrobe

#18 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:33 PM

My vote goes to Migokalle. Those graphics are awesome and I really like what you did with them in the screen. Sure there is no human, animal, or monster activity in it, but I don't see that as a requirement. The other shots are pretty good too this week.

#19 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:53 PM

Sure there is no human, animal, or monster activity in it, but I don't see that as a requirement.

True, but I believe it should be a requirement for submissions to be ZC screenshots and not editor shots.

#20 Bonegolem

Bonegolem

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:00 PM

I voted Migokalle, although I don't like the water tiles. But I understand the concept.

It was a close race against CastChaos. The use of the crystal barriers was very interesting.

#21 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:00 PM

Yeah... it's been said, but at least crop the borders. I mean, that's just being unprofessional.

Edited by Ebola Zaire, 26 June 2007 - 05:00 PM.

#22 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:38 AM

firewizrobe.
A nice mix of styles, and nothing looks out of place icon_thumbsup.gif

#23 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE(Fire Wizzrobe @ Jun 25 2007, 01:27 AM) View Post

Something weird must of happened when I saved my shot or when I last messed with my palletes.. it wasn't meant to be that bright. icon_eek.gif

Compare it to this older one that I've already shown.

IPB Image
I nulled. Trimaster has nice screen design.. Migokalle's tiles are nice, but the water is really distracting. CastChaos' is still way to boxy and I don't really like the dirt of DoR seen in large amounts.

I believe this is actually a sort of optical illusion; the dark colors of Zquest contrast with the bright colors of your shot, giving it a darker appearance.

QUOTE(.TakaM @ Jun 27 2007, 08:38 AM) View Post

firewizrobe.
A nice mix of styles, and nothing looks out of place icon_thumbsup.gif

Mainly because they are your tiles. icon_razz.gif

As for shots:

ChatChaos: Too boxy. Mountains have a naturual slope and round edges; it's not a butte, isn't it?

Fire Wizzrobe: Bright indeed, but some areas need contrast repair. Also, darken the side slopes to make a more exact note of where cliff ends and grass begins... You'll know what I'm talking about when you get to sand and dirt.

Migokalle: Although I've never played Lufia 4, the palettes are too contrasted to actually work correctly. Edit them to match what natural effect you want, then it'll be fine. Also, if you save in JPEG, I'd recommend other filetypes like GIF or PNG as they are more space-saving, but if that doesn't sway you, use Irfanview to produce clean JPEGs.

Trimaster01: Pure in good use. However, it looks like something we've seen too many times...

Sorry, but I null'd.

#24 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:24 AM

Mainly because they are your tiles.

I believe he was referring to the mix of Minish Cap, Four Swords, and ZFGC-style. I think the only ZFGC tiles in that shot are the mountains and bushes. Besides, the ZFGC tiles aren't all made by .TakaM.

#25 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:21 AM

yah, they seriously are not my tiles, they're zgfc's tiles ;o

#26 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:06 PM

icon_blind.gif SO CLOSE!!!! I'll never ever win SotW icon_frown.gif. However, thaks to SotW, I'm starting to make better screenies with PTUX. I hope the reason why people don't vote for me is not because I use Pure.

Edited by Trimaster001, 28 June 2007 - 12:07 PM.

#27 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:15 PM

:: APOLIGIZES FOR DOUBLE POSTING ::

Dang!!! One vote away from my very first SotW win. Even if I lose, I got another shot ready for next week. I actually wished I could win at least once. Fire Wizzrobe deserves to win as well icon_smile.gif.

#28 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:16 PM

Actually, you're tied, now. icon_omg.gif

*psst. double posting is okay as long as there are at least twelve hours between each post. icon_wink.gif *

#29 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:10 PM

I hope Trimaster gets his first win. It's a wonderful forest screen while I don't really like FW's screen.

#30 Guest_Destiny7575 (Guest)

Guest_Destiny7575 (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:35 PM

Trimaster, I voted for you because your screen hooks me to explore that forest. CastChaos would of been in second.

This is my very first post by the way! icon_smile.gif

Edited by Destiny7575, 29 June 2007 - 01:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users