Lost Isle RELEASED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2607 replies to this topic

#2566 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

We are not going to be doing any major overhaul of the game or addition of new features. It is mainly going to be bug fixes mostly.

EDIT: I also added a boss to the Dragonscale Mail Dungeon. I put in a 8-headed Gleeok and added two more Deathbos. That may not sound like much but given the confined corridor, 4 deathbos, 4 dark keese and a 8 headed gleeok that is blocked the path forward, you are going to be in quite a bind! It plays out pretty fun and tense!

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 29 January 2013 - 01:00 AM.

#2567 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

About the escape sequence, even if it would be possible to add a timer with ZC 2.5 there, I wouldn't do it to be honest. The escape is much more hectic when you have a screen specific timer. At least I haven't heard complaints that it is too tough.

I also added a boss to the Dragonscale Mail Dungeon. I put in a 8-headed Gleeok and added two more Deathbos. That may not sound like much but given the confined corridor, 4 deathbos, 4 dark keese and a 8 headed gleeok that is blocked the path forward, you are going to be in quite a bind! It plays out pretty fun and tense!

Whoa Wolfie, you high or something... You have to be kidding, right? We AGREED there will be no changes to the quest ever. The "Red Tunic dungeon" doesn't need a boring and generic 8 headed Gleeok there, this isn't a "Jimmy's first quest" this is Lost Isle for god's sake. The point of the dungeon was that everyone can get through it because the less skilled players could really need the tunic against Morlach. Your silly Gleeok+Deathbos would ruin that completely...

Edited by Peteo, 29 January 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#2568 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

If I can make a suggestion, taking out the eight-headed Gleeok so it's just two deathbos wouldn't be that bad. It's not too hard to fight them, but it'd still be freaky (as in "oh gosh deathbos don't touch me please...").

#2569 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Hmm, maybe having 15 seconds a screen on the escape. Still a rush to escape each screen, but should be enough even if you have bad luck with the Grasps and Deathbos clogging up the roads and trapping you (which I've had happen and almost costed me).

=========================

Assuming it's in the hallway, as long as you have enough space and the Deathbos starting on the opposite end of the room, even having say 4 Deathbos and 4 dark keese isn't too hard to manage, but still gives that bit of rush

But not sure if cramming the Gleeok in would work well at all since you can't tank it until you kill the Deathbos, and you may not be able to hit them in the back with the Gleeok there. Not a good combination

#2570 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

I just played it myself and beat it on the first try. The trick is staying along the bottom and removing the deathbos before moving in on the Gleeok on the north end of the room. But if I must, I'll remove those two extra Deathbos then...Did you ever figure out that fix for the Power Rod Chip chest Peteo?

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 29 January 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#2571 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

For the power rod chip chest: I have no idea how you set it up, but wouldn't fixing t just be as simple as putting a solid combo on the left of the chest so you can't walk behind it? Although if you are going to fix the bug, can I suggest putting some kind of warning at the beginning of the lab building that you're going to need a key from the main fortress? It's kinda annoying to get all the way through the lab only to find you did all that for nothing cuz you don't have a key.

#2572 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Jan 29 2013, 05:19 AM) View Post

8-way movement would also break some of the push block puzzles in the game because of the 2.5 bug though. icon_razz.gif

Well, cheating is voluntary... I think anyone would ever use that trick.

I don't really care about the movement, but the truth is that my friends refuse to play Lost Isle because it has no diagonal movement. icon_cry.gif I love this quest, I finished this game 4 or 5 times.

#2573 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Cheating is voluntary. Glitches aren't. Glitches happen with diagonally movement. And if your friends won't play it over something that petty, their loss.

#2574 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jan 29 2013, 12:48 AM) View Post

EDIT: I also added a boss to the Dragonscale Mail Dungeon. I put in a 8-headed Gleeok and added two more Deathbos. That may not sound like much but given the confined corridor, 4 deathbos, 4 dark keese and a 8 headed gleeok that is blocked the path forward, you are going to be in quite a bind! It plays out pretty fun and tense!
Every time I see a Zelda 1 boss in a quest like Lost Isle I die a little inside...Couldn't you do a custom boss or something at least? icon_puppyeyes.gif

#2575 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

If you are still editing it, could you guys maybe do something with the return warp to start in the room with the plant boss in Level 2? Maybe put a distinct bush or something over it so it's less likely people will walk into it while fighting the plant?

Edited by HylianGlaceon, 29 January 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#2576 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Jan 29 2013, 09:23 PM) View Post

Cheating is voluntary. Glitches aren't. Glitches happen with diagonally movement. And if your friends won't play it over something that petty, their loss.

You are right but... The diagonal movement glitch is not a big deal, I had played a few quests that way before and would have never found out about the glitch if it weren't because I read about it in the forum... The diagonal movement wasn't around in 2007, but nowadays, I see no reason not to use diagonal in a quest if the posibility is there.

Lost Isle is a fantastic game, I truly believe that adding eight directions would help make it more popular. It would surprise you to know the amount of people that won't give ZC a chance due to it having only four directions in the past. In any case, it was only a suggestion, because just like my friends don't feel like playing ZC due to it's lack of diagonal, there are probably hundreds of people out there in the same situation.

Edited by Air Luigi, 29 January 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#2577 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Well given the tight timeline, I am probably not going to have time to add a custom boss. Besides, since the Hydra was used as a normal enemy, it'd make sense to just have him randomly appear just like an Aquamentus would in a cave with no precursor that it'd be there. As for diagonal movement, not going to happen, sorry. icon_unsettled.gif

#2578 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Hylian:

Bug 1: I'm still trying to find a nice workaround...I might have to alter the raft paths a bit. Should be fixed by the time I re-release it.
Bug 2: I'm not touching this one, especially since I can 'eventually' get it triggered. Its not game breaking.
Bug(s) 3: Without knowing how these rooms fully work, I'm afraid i won't touch them. So deal with redoing them. Isn't too big a deal.
Bug 4: Exploitable, go have fun.
Bug 5: I can do this just fine. It probably takes a few more arrows/ sword swings than you remember.
Bug 6: Read my response to Bug 3.
Bug 7: Exploitable, go have fun.
Bug 8: Despite Peteo's 'explanation' of this room, I still can't figure out what the hell is going on here, so I'm not going to touch it.
Bug 9: Fixed.
Bug 10: Fixed.

My Bug 11: Fixed where you get the Power Rod Chip without a key. Now you MUST have a key now, bwhahaha!

#2579 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Neat So I can cheat the power chip on my current run!(I won't)

#2580 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Might want to redownload it again anyway once its updated (just submitted it!) to get the extra bonus challenges in the Red Mail dungeon (its REALLY not that bad Peteo, if you got the silver arrows (which you SHOULD!!! by now) then you can spam those Deathbos to the back wall!) and the extra....sneaker in the Death Skull fight in the Catacombs. icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users