• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#211 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:12 AM

I finally got the 7th badge. :heh:

I got all eight badges and captured Kyogre sunday hopefully I have time this Sunday to defeat the elite four and start the Delta quest.
  • Jared likes this

#212 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:09 AM

As an update I finally defeated the Elite Four and beat the Delta episode, I managed to catch both Rayquaza and Deoxys. The game still continues after all that with the chance to capture tons more legendaries and new Pokemon in areas they weren't previously. And the Battle Resort is pretty challenging.

So the replay value is way up there. I'm now going to try to snag all the post-game legendaries and try to get more into the secret bases.

#213 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:39 PM

Wow. I kinda feel ashamed of saying this, but I haven't been playing this game much at all. If I remember correctly, my Pokemon are still only at around Lv. 20. I honestly actually don't know why I stopped playing it at that point. Hopefully I can pick up where I left off and finish this game once in for all, though.

#214 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:32 PM

Well, nothing is sacred now I suppose.

http://www.ign.com/w..._Using_QR_Codes

Maybe the next gen will have better luck with the prevention of hacking...

• Binx likes this

#215 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:49 PM

Oh, there's easier ways than that. There's a website you can open in the 3DS browser that dumps the ram file, let's a computer program similar to Pokegen edit it, then reinserts it into the game. Pokemon's always gonna get cracked quickly, that's just a fact of life.
  • Binx likes this

#216 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

I'm glad this happened. I hate timed events, they're so dumb. I've already used it to grab the legendaries that you can't get otherwise, be it in ORAS or X and Y. Anything that's obtainable in-game I'll go catch myself, but this does save a lot of time, considering I'd have to wait weeks in Wonder Trade and get really lucky to collect the rest of the unobtainables. And even if I did that, it's unlikely legendaries sent through WT are legit to begin with, so the only difference here is that it takes less time. I like that. The collector in me is very happy.

I can see how people who enjoy competitive could be annoyed by this though, but to be honest I don't really care how you got that Pokemon as long as it doesn't have an unfair advantage over the other, in the form of abilities it shouldn't have, or impossible stats and so on. I mean, not everyone has the time to spend breeding and EV training, but they might still want to do competitive. If you think that people who battle in real life tournaments don't use hacked Pokemon, then you're already dreaming. I'm sure not everyone does, but I know there's a large amount of people who does. And they are battling with legit stats, it's just that they didn't spend hours getting their Pokemon to those stats. So really, it once again comes down to being about how much time you're willing to put into it. It's a game after all, so you should be able to choose how you want to enjoy it.

That said, it does suck considering the inevitable trolls who don't 'follow the rules' so to speak. I'm sure there are a lot of those too.

• Jared and Binx like this

#217 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:43 PM

I'm glad this happened. I hate timed events, they're so dumb. I've already used it to grab the legendaries that you can't get otherwise, be it in ORAS or X and Y. Anything that's obtainable in-game I'll go catch myself, but this does save a lot of time, considering I'd have to wait weeks in Wonder Trade and get really lucky to collect the rest of the unobtainables. And even if I did that, it's unlikely legendaries sent through WT are legit to begin with, so the only difference here is that it takes less time. I like that. The collector in me is very happy.

I can see how people who enjoy competitive could be annoyed by this though, but to be honest I don't really care how you got that Pokemon as long as it doesn't have an unfair advantage over the other, in the form of abillities it shouldn't have, or impossible stats and so on. I mean, not everyone has the time to spend breeding and EV training, but they might still want to do competitive. If you think that people who battle in real life tournaments don't use hacked Pokemon, then you're already dreaming. I'm sure not everyone does, but I know there's a large amount of people who does. And they are battling with legit stats, it's just that they didn't spend hours getting their Pokemon to those stats. So really, it once again comes down to being about how much time you're willing to put into it. It's a game after all, so you should be able to choose how you want to enjoy it.

That said, it does suck considering the inevitable trolls who don't 'follow the rules' so to speak. I'm sure there are a lot of those too.

Yeah, I feel that way too. There are loads of events I missed since I wasn't able to get HeartGold/Soul Silver and skipped Gen 5 completely.

The only thing that does bug me a little bit with these is all the Hoopas and Volcanions being put into the games early before Gamefreak officially releases them. (Kinda like opening a Christmas gift before Christmas.) But oh well.

(For those using this for Dex completion, you'll need to put them into Pokemon Bank and back into your game for the entries to show up. Or if you lack Pokemon Bank (like me) you can deposit them into the Daycare and withdraw them to get the entries.)

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder, Jared and David like this

#218 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:06 PM

That's actually pretty cool, not gonna lie. At least it lets someone use a Pokemon that is unobtainable in that region or generation.

#219 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:51 PM

A little late, but if anyone is without the Eon Ticket, there are codes to get it via Mystery Gift.

North America - 2015LATIOSLATIAS

Europe - POKEMON380381

They expire tomorrow, March 2nd I believe, so be sure to use them if you are missing it. Otherwise, you'll have to get it via Streetpass.

#220 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:11 PM

Well, nothing is sacred now I suppose.

http://www.ign.com/w..._Using_QR_Codes

Maybe the next gen will have better luck with the prevention of hacking...

Aaaaand, it's patched. So is the vulnerability to RAM2SAV. So, now people will have to figure out a new way to hack the system. Taking bets on how long it takes.

#221 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:23 PM

Aaaaand, it's patched. So is the vulnerability to RAM2SAV. So, now people will have to figure out a new way to hack the system. Taking bets on how long it takes.

Assuming you updated then yes it is patched. I haven't updated yet as I have no real use for Internet in most games so I can still mess around with them for a bit.

I'll update eventually of course. But for the time being I'll probably wait. I've even learned how to make codes that can be scanned. Now I wish I had an extra game I could restart lying around to do a play through on with these pokes.

(More or less just Eeveelutions in the Apricorn pokeballs basically. I really like those pokeballs and wish it were legal to have the Eeveelutions in them.)

#222 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:17 AM

I haven't updated, either, I did the same, except I just made eggs with the nature/stats/moves I wanted. And gave myself Hoopa and Volcanion, just in case I miss the events. I just wish i could find my secret ID, so I could make myself shiny eggs. It would be so much nicer, if I could have my shiny Umbreon and Greninja have my OT number.(I have legit, bred versions of both, but I like their shiny colors, a lot, and breeding shiny Eevees takes FOREVER!!! I made myself lots of shiny Eevees, though).

Edited by Binx, 04 March 2015 - 12:18 AM.

#223 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:11 AM

I haven't updated yet either so I'll have to get the few more I want first.

For anyone with Hoopa that didn't already know if you have him in your party and go into a PokeMart a clerk will appear outside the counter and he'll tell you a long story then give you a jar, if you use the jar on Hoopa he'll become Hoopa Unbound and have insane badass levels. I went through the Elite Four a second time (now they are stronger and mega evolve their pokemon) and pretty much one hit KO'd my way through with Hoopa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users