Dreams Realm Help Thread

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#211 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 19 January 2024 - 10:05 AM

just cleared the desert and was told by someone the next location was a big castle. Is that the area to the north of the hills area

https://imgur.com/a/5YldPLh

?

It's the windmill that opened up in the cutscene for beating level 4. So top left of that map.

#212 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 19 January 2024 - 10:00 PM

My Final Thoughts

#213 PlotArmorSmith

PlotArmorSmith

• Members

Posted 20 January 2024 - 10:08 AM

I have noticed that both Useless Old Man Wisdom and Demonlink have noticed a sound imbalance with the background music. I have noticed a version specific problem with the sound balance. If you play the quest in ZC2.53 the background music is significantly better balanced. I tested playing both the quest file with the 2.53 in the name in ZC2.55 as well as the quest file with the 2.55 in the name in the newest nightly build of ZC2.55 and could hear the sound imbalance. I do not know how they changed the sound settings when they went from ZC2.53 to ZC2.55. Note that you can still download a version of ZC2.53 from the archives. I tested the ZC2.53 downloaded from archive 3 and the sound is balanced in that version.

A fast test to check the sound balance is to play until you get the sword and try tapping the wall in the cave in the first town with your sword.

Later edit: so I looked at the version history of ZC2.55 and noticed that starting with version 2.55alpha117 they had different music mixing. I went back and did the above test to check the music balance in 2.55alpha111 and the music balance seemed to better than with 2.55alpha120. My guess is that this could be a factor in the music balance.

Edited by PlotArmorSmith, 20 January 2024 - 10:58 AM.

#214 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 20 January 2024 - 11:09 AM

My Final Thoughts

Yeah it's meant to instant kill you. I love that gameplay there and is why it's placed where it's. I was worried it was to easy so glad to hear it's hard enough. Those floors are meant to have super hard puzzles and super hard challenge screens, thus the really easy to progress on that dungeon if you need to retry. Try my quest OverHead if you want more gameplay like that. That game pretty much all of the screens are like that.

Full playthrough of OverHead: https://www.youtube....tsEVfxv&index=4

Edited by TheRock, 20 January 2024 - 11:12 AM.

• Demonlink likes this

#215 Malstygian

Malstygian

Initiate

• Members

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:01 PM

Spoiler

#216 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:23 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by TheRock, 21 January 2024 - 02:29 PM.

#217 csharporbflat

csharporbflat

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:24 PM

what is the curesed woods maze path? I tried like to guy said to push every grave I could find that was behind a tree. None did, so now this is where I am stuck.

#218 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:25 PM

what is the curesed woods maze path? I tried like to guy said to push every grave I could find that was behind a tree. None did, so now this is where I am stuck.

Go right on this  screen. That will take you to the grave stones.

zquest_screen00009.png?ex=65bfe52e&is=65

#219 csharporbflat

csharporbflat

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:33 PM

don't think I was able to reach that screen, looks like i needed to go through maze to reach it. Do I have to go back through the swamp again? Don't make me go through the swamp again.

Edited by csharporbflat, 21 January 2024 - 02:34 PM.

#220 PlotArmorSmith

PlotArmorSmith

• Members

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:54 PM

csharporbflat there are two maze paths in the swamp. One maze is on the path to light one of the torches (I believe the top left one) and the other is after lighting all four torches with the screen with the tree with scent seeds. The maze path through the first maze is left, down, down and up. The screen TheRock shows is shortly after the first maze path and will lead you to where the maze path directions are for the second maze path. 

#221 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 21 January 2024 - 05:30 PM

Yeah it's meant to instant kill you. I love that gameplay there and is why it's placed where it's. I was worried it was to easy so glad to hear it's hard enough. Those floors are meant to have super hard puzzles and super hard challenge screens, thus the really easy to progress on that dungeon if you need to retry. Try my quest OverHead if you want more gameplay like that. That game pretty much all of the screens are like that.
Full playthrough of OverHead: https://www.youtube....tsEVfxv&index=4

I still feel it's harsh and would be very annoying to those who want to finish the dungeon. Instakills are a big no for me, but that's just me. I think it could be done it a much better way. I'd leave the puzzle as it is but being more generous on the damage, 10 hearts on the cosmic tunic maybe? Or leave the instakills, but make the puzzles have a bit more of reaction timing since you have to be very VERY precise; either I suck or my controller doesn't react fast enough to the button inputs.

Still,consider this as a constructive comment, I don't want to sound like I'm forcing stuff :P

#222 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 21 January 2024 - 07:26 PM

I still feel it's harsh and would be very annoying to those who want to finish the dungeon. Instakills are a big no for me, but that's just me. I think it could be done it a much better way. I'd leave the puzzle as it is but being more generous on the damage, 10 hearts on the cosmic tunic maybe? Or leave the instakills, but make the puzzles have a bit more of reaction timing since you have to be very VERY precise; either I suck or my controller doesn't react fast enough to the button inputs.

Still,consider this as a constructive comment, I don't want to sound like I'm forcing stuff :P

Spoiler

• Demonlink likes this

#223 csharporbflat

csharporbflat

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 January 2024 - 09:05 PM

In mansion, can someone tell me the path to get to the right side of this screen. 

https://imgur.com/a/HWuxOUl

I know I have been there before, just don't remember how i did it.

#224 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 21 January 2024 - 09:56 PM

In mansion, can someone tell me the path to get to the right side of this screen. 

https://imgur.com/a/HWuxOUl

I know I have been there before, just don't remember how i did it.

From the screen in the dungeon, up, up, right, left, and then left.

#225 csharporbflat

csharporbflat

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 January 2024 - 10:08 PM

From the screen in the dungeon, up, up, right, left, and then left.

I can't go up on the left side of that screen, I am trying to get to the screen to the right of it so I can get through the block I just opened. From the start how would I get to the screen 1 screen right of the one on the image?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users