• This topic is locked This topic is locked
236 replies to this topic

#196 Linksasleepagain

Linksasleepagain

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Jul 22 2007, 03:47 PM) View Post

It would be awesome if it was full screen by default, then the launcher wouldn't even be needed. Making the 1st.qst load normally will be also good, currently no way for playing it, since if I try to load it manually, the "Not a custom quest" error pops up.

Yes, it was really great releasing the engine first, it wouldn't have been good if all of these had been revealed when people already downloaded and wanted to play LI...

EDIT:
Peteo, Xthost is free and quick. You just choose an username, get a password and upload your file.

CastChaos,you can play the first quest by registering your name as usual,then instead of trying to load it as a custom quest just press enter twice and it will load. icon_biggrin.gif

#197 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:02 AM

Castchaos, are you saying that the 1st quest doesn't work for you? O_o

edit - nevermind, yeah, do what linkasleep said. icon_wink.gif
Ok, I will try to upload the new LI Build package and then you can try if it works better.

Edited by Peteo, 22 July 2007 - 10:03 AM.

#198 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Jul 22 2007, 05:02 PM) View Post

Castchaos, are you saying that the 1st quest doesn't work for you? O_o
edit - nevermind, yeah, do what linkasleep said. icon_wink.gif
Ok, I will try to upload the new LI Build package and then you can try if it works better.

You see, when I entered the name "Test" it immediately gave an error: "D:\Zelda Classic\b254\1st.qst wasn't found". Then I pressed enter, but the error came again. So, I pressed "Alt" and changed to "C:\ZC2.5LIspec\1st.qst" but it said can't I can't load it because it's not a custom quest. (Only custom quests can be loaded by pressing Alt. The first quest either loads by default or it won't load ever.)
Since you said you make a better LIspecific package (With working 1st.qst and fullscreen.) I deleted the one I just downloaded and waiting for the update. icon_confused.gif

#199 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:11 AM

Try downloading the fixed LI Build zip here:

link removed

If there are still problems, I'm gonna go nuts! Well not really icon_razz.gif but I appreciate everyone who helps me getting this LI Build pack perfect.

#200 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:18 AM

Ah, good, I can't wait for the quest to come out. HOWEVER I Absolutely despise mega upload.

#201 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:20 AM

Works now, thanks!
I don't love megaupload myself... zshare is better... but megaupload DOES work fine.

Edited by Migokalle, 22 July 2007 - 10:21 AM.

#202 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:21 AM

You can't use someone elses ag.cfg file, is that in the download by chance?
If it is, delete it and let the program write you a new one.

#203 king-n

king-n

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:21 AM

It tells me the first 3 .qus files are not quests. I hope that won't be a problem for Lost Isle.

#204 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE(Freedom @ Jul 22 2007, 06:21 PM) View Post

You can't use someone elses ag.cfg file, is that in the download by chance?
If it is, delete it and let the program write you a new one.

So just like the zc.sav file, the ag.cfg file is created after you start using ZC? if that solves the problem then I thank you very much Freedom!

#205 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:28 AM

Never, NEVER use Megaupload! It gives error message, like this:

"All download slots assigned to your country (Hungary) are currently in use. Please try again in a few hours or install the Megaupload Toolbar for immediate access - with the toolbar installed, there are no more slot limitations for you!"

icon_cry.gif

#206 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:29 AM

I downloaded it after I posted, and it is in there.
Yes it writes a new one, and yours won't work on other people's systems because it tries to go by your settings and addresses, which would be different in their computer, + it looks to that for windowed or full screened mode as well.

They just need to delete it and open ZC and play the ist quest and when they exit they will have a new one.

Allegro.log is also created by the program. icon_wink.gif

Edited by Freedom, 22 July 2007 - 10:31 AM.

#207 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:30 AM

Everyone forget about the crappy megaupload link.

I removed some more files, try downloading it here: http://www.zshare.ne...2803393d7c3d04/

That should work properly.

I apologize for all the inconvencies but DN only gave me the file "zelda-w" and no support files so I am making guesses here what support files are needed and what aren't.

#208 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Jul 22 2007, 09:30 AM) View Post

Everyone forget about the crappy megaupload link.

I removed some more files, try downloading it here: http://www.zshare.ne...2803393d7c3d04/

That should work properly.

I apologize for all the inconvencies but DN only gave me the file "zelda-w" and no support files so I am making guesses here what support files are needed and what aren't.

Isn't that a 254?
Seems all the 254 files should work with it if it is.
If it was me I'd add the zquest.exe too, give 'em the whole enchalada

Edited by Freedom, 22 July 2007 - 10:37 AM.

#209 king-n

king-n

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:37 AM

Ah good, It works perfectly now. Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to the quest.

#210 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE(Freedom @ Jul 22 2007, 06:35 PM) View Post

Isn't that a 254?
Seems all the 254 files should work with it if it is.
If it was me I'd add the zquest.exe too

Yes, all 254 files should work with this "b254c" build but I am trying to remove all unnecessary files to keep the file size as small as possible.

And I won't add ZQuest simply because the LI specific ZQuest has a nasty Warp Editor bug and quests made with the LI ZQuest will not be compatible with future versions of ZC. Remember Freedom how that _L_ had to change stuff so much...? But DN was kind enough to make a LI specific build for me and Wolfie. ^_^

Oh and once I get confirmation from a few people that the latest update works, I can announce the release date and time. icon_wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users