Photo

The world of furries

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think about being a furry. (44 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think about being a furry.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#136 ThePurpleSmurf

ThePurpleSmurf

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:56 PM

Well, it varies on what part of Japan you are in. Japanese history tends to be fuzzy or contradicted by others. Some veiwed the Fox as a ghost or a demon, yes, others reveered it as well. So do you see what I mean? Some think it's a GOD and others think it's an Anti-God. I veiw myself as a legendary creature. Mysterious, mystic, ancient, wise and of course, powerful. It is all a set of mind I suppose...

#137 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE(ThePurpleSmurf @ Jul 5 2006, 01:56 PM)
I veiw myself as a legendary creature. Mysterious, mystic, ancient, wise and of course, powerful. It is all a set of mind I suppose...

View Post

that's the kind of Folklore I always pictured the fox having in Japanese Society myself. There exactly. heh, maybe that explains Keaton in Ocarina of Time?

#138 ThePurpleSmurf

ThePurpleSmurf

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 02:13 PM

Actually, The Keaton does represent these all, but he also displays a subtle trickster personality that is oh so common in a Kitsune. Actually, Keaton was a Kitsune come to think of it. A 9-Tailed Kitsune I think. Again, Legenmd is always shifty, it is never exact.

#139 Tsumetai

Tsumetai

Initiate

• Members

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE(rexlaninetales @ Jul 6 2006, 01:31 AM)
I'm really not sure if Mermaids and Mermans could be considered furries...Though they do parallel furries. With their fish attribute, they're more closely related to scalies.

Ooh, sorry, I sort of forgot that there was a "scalies" group as well! =P

#140 ThePurpleSmurf

ThePurpleSmurf

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:17 PM

Scalies doesn't sound like it'd be very populated.

#141 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:18 PM

We have those here at PureZC, and at least one gets along quite well with furries.

#142 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:51 PM

Unpopulated, Silverdragon has a dragon scaly avy, Zoras are scalys, I could go on.

Put this way, you're not alone.
Don't worry, scalies and furries can get along. I don't mind hangin with scalys.
Obviously if a stubborn goriya can get along, so can everyone else.

#143 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:00 PM

I know *quite* a few scalies. I happen to have a Draconic background. I know more about Dragons than I do about almost any other kind of topic in the general world of Fantasy. ... ... let me put it this way. "DragonSlayer" ... isn't quite the word I'd use. It's ... ... close.

#144 Tsumetai

Tsumetai

Initiate

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:44 AM

...holy cow, I'm in too deep! Save me! *prays to the Holy Cow*

Wait, so you furries and scalies don't group together? Is there like, a reason for it?

#145 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:11 AM

Do white people and black people group together? ... ... If you think they don't because someone called them "white" and "black" people, then you're forgetting about the part where I said that they're people. People group together because they're people. If they were just animals acting on instinct, I say let them alone. If a fish spoke to you, would it still be an animal? Would it be a talking animal? If a Dragon spoke to you and played chess with you and beat you in every single game. If a bear walked up to you and started assembling a positronic death ray with you for a Fourth of July project, would it still be an animal?

... ... ... ...

... ... lol misguided passion.

#146 ThePurpleSmurf

ThePurpleSmurf

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:57 AM

ha ha, I'm with ShadowTiger. It's all a state of mind. Hey, it's your opinion. I also know more about Dragon's than almost anyother creature... I wish a bear did build a Death Ray. That would be awesome...

#147 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jul 7 2006, 12:11 PM)
If a bear walked up to you and started assembling a positronic death ray with you for a Fourth of July project, would it still be an animal? 

View Post

HOLY CRAP, SIGGED. C.S. Lewis, ftw

Anyway, I agree with ShadowTiger. People are people (srsly). So what if they like to envision themselves as being part animal? That's their business. It's when people start doing things like building death rays that it becomes a cause for concern.

(This is not to say that furries--or scalies, for that matter--have anything at all to do with death rays.)

#148 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:40 PM

While I'm here, I'd just like to say...

Before, I said that my fantasy was as the very human Captain B, in videoland.

Well, that means I have access to some cool Mario powerups.

I'm still human me, but now I have raccoon ears and a Tail, that does some cool stuff.

so... yeah. Furry Captain B, I guess!

Edited by Old-skool, 07 July 2006 - 07:42 PM.

#149 Bob's tomato farm

Bob's tomato farm

Initiate

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 09:37 PM

Ugh, you sound like you guys are in wounderland! Oh look I'm a fox furry! Well come back to reality. Have you ever seen a furry? Do they just walk by and say Meow? I might live in the middle of no where but I get out enough and I've never seen a furry! If you guys really see furries then send me a picture! Not a drawing a picture. I won't belive it untill I see it!
  • Shane and Jenny like this

#150 ThePurpleSmurf

ThePurpleSmurf

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 09:46 PM

SMITE DOWN THE NON-BELIEVER! icon_razz.gif If you feel that way, you probably shouldn't come here. That's Flaming isn't it? Well, in a way? If you've got something against us, deal with it, don't make it public. Keep it to yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users