234 replies to this topic

#196 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Does the newest version fix the MIDI problem bug fix problem fix? icon_razz.gif

Like how the MIDI bug fix fixed the old problem, but made another.

#197 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE(MoscowModder @ Dec 8 2012, 05:01 PM) View Post

How come this copy is so much smaller than the previous one (Saffith's MIDI patch drop fix)?

It's just the way I compile it. I use MSVC instead of gcc with various optimization settings. They usually ends up being about 2 or 3 Megabytes smaller total. I don't have any good detailed explanation as to exactly why though.

QUOTE(Saffith @ Dec 8 2012, 06:08 PM) View Post

It'll be 1580, then.

I don't know what it's called. I only know the sound it makes when it takes a mans life.

...Yeah, that's the one. icon_razz.gif

#198 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE(Jared)
Like how the MIDI bug fix fixed the old problem, but made another.

Speaking of replacing old bugs with new ones, this latest build makes ZC flicker (the screen randomly goes black for a split second at a time). I tested this in two different quests and the bug happened in both.

#199 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

Did anyone ever encounter the screen saver issue in 2.10 or earlier? Its code has been nearly unchanged for at least that long, so if it's a more recent problem with the screen saver itself, there aren't a lot of possible causes.

#200 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

I never had that problem in 2.10 or lower. I don't recall though as it has been awhile since I've used it.

I found another...kinda odd issue. It's not a big deal and it purely cosmetic from what I can tell, but I set an enemy with maxed out HP. When looking at the list of enemies and scrolling past that enemy, the last digit seems to linger, despite the new enemy I'm highlighting only having a single digit of life.

It's really not a big deal obviously, but I figured I'd report it. :3

#201 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Is the screensaver issue still present? If someone that had this issue could just run ZC in the background the next time you watch videos on youtube or whatever that would be cool. icon_razz.gif

QUOTE(MoscowModder @ Dec 9 2012, 11:06 PM) View Post

Speaking of replacing old bugs with new ones, this latest build makes ZC flicker (the screen randomly goes black for a split second at a time). I tested this in two different quests and the bug happened in both.

Just curious if anyone else is getting this.

#202 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

I'll give it a test-drive tomorrow and report back.

#203 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

I believe I found a few minor bugs with the Raft.

It seems you can Raft on any solid object with flag #8 even if it doesn't have Water as it's combo type. This I'm fine with. However, if you attempt to scroll a screen to a solid combo with flag #8 on the other side that is not a Water combo, it refuses to cross over and gets you stuck in the wall. Changing the combo to Water did work, but I had to make a few extra tiles which I was hoping I would not have to.

If you scroll a screen while using the Raft in an NES Dungeon screen, it'll boot Link off the Raft and he'll do his normal 2 tile walk in and be stuck in the water as well.

Edited by HylianGlaceon, 11 December 2012 - 02:56 AM.

#204 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

I can report and confirm the screen flicker bug, particularly in non-fullscreen mode. Also, now when running ZC, it is impossible to make a Netflix video fullscreen. The Netflix player instantly crashes, so the screensaver bug is irrelevant. I will test it with YouTube later to see if it causes the same problem there. The previous versions did not do this.

#205 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

Is the screensaver thing only known to happen when Aero is enabled? Also is it something that can be reproduced consistently?

Another attempt to fix it, also build 1580: http://filesmelt.com/dl/zelda-w6.zip

#206 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

Sorry about the screen flicker guys, my bad. It is fixed in Saffith's version, so use that.

#207 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

Also from my tests, I can't get a Boomerang or Hookshot to reflect a Fireball or Boss Fireball when set to do so. I believe there is an effect of some sort on the fireball, but it doesn't bounce like it should when hit by a reflecting boomerang/hookshot.

Rocks, Sword Beams and Magic all work fine however (haven't tested Script Projectiles though)

#208 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Dec 12 2012, 10:06 AM) View Post

Is the screensaver thing only known to happen when Aero is enabled? Also is it something that can be reproduced consistently?
Another attempt to fix it, also build 1580: http://filesmelt.com/dl/zelda-w6.zip

Sorry for not reporting back, but this week has been hellish. I will check the 1580-B build in the next couple days and try to disable Aero and report on all of the above. Hopefully this one does not interfere with making videos fullscreen while running in the BG.

#209 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

An update on the Reflecting Boomerang/Hookshot thing: It works randomly but not as it should. Sometimes you'll have the fireball dead on and it'll do nothing, and other very rare times it'll reflect perfectly. I've also had it where the fireball was hit with the reflecting boomerang and continued on it's course as per normal and damaged enemies, even though it didn't properly reflect.

Also, slight suggestions regarding a few items that have a few issues..

Boots - With Magic consumption on, could we have it where we can set the number of ticks that it uses the magic? Like every 50 ticks on the damage combo with use 1 magic, etc? The way it is now, it just drains the magic meter so fast it's not even funny.

Cane of Byrna - This one is another item that has a problem with magic consumption. Instead of it draining while it orbits, couldn't we have a one time magic drain to activate it instead? The effects go away when you go to a new screen anyway.

#210 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE(HylianGlaceon @ Dec 16 2012, 03:47 PM) View Post

Boots - With Magic consumption on, could we have it where we can set the number of ticks that it uses the magic? Like every 50 ticks on the damage combo with use 1 magic, etc? The way it is now, it just drains the magic meter so fast it's not even funny.

Cane of Byrna - This one is another item that has a problem with magic consumption. Instead of it draining while it orbits, couldn't we have a one time magic drain to activate it instead? The effects go away when you go to a new screen anyway.

The reason they have so high magic consumption is that the magic consumption system appears to operate on a frame-by-frame basis. This usually operates only on the frame when Link uses the item (as in Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, Candle, etc...) but on passive items which are designed to use magic continually, it runs on every frame it is used. I suspect that it would take more work than what the devs want to do at this particular moment to fix this issue, especially knowing how messy ZC's internal code is. The Bryna idea is viable, but would still require significant recoding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users