• Please log in to reply
590 replies to this topic

#571 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. The water's on 0, the solid combo is on 1.

#572 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:40 AM

For future reference, can the number of tile pages be increased, or is that a fixed limit?

#573 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE(Jared @ Aug 12 2012, 09:07 PM) View Post
I noticed that if you place a solid combo on water and you go over it (When you have the Flippers), you can go over it like it's a walkable combo. Is that a bug?

Do you mean you can walk over it or swim over it? If you're walking on it, I'm not seeing that.

QUOTE(Cukeman @ Aug 14 2012, 01:40 AM) View Post
For future reference, can the number of tile pages be increased, or is that a fixed limit?

No, that would require extensive changes. Might happen in the rewrite, but not before.

#574 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Aug 14 2012, 11:56 AM) View Post

Do you mean you can walk over it or swim over it? If you're walking on it, I'm not seeing that.

Sorry, my mistake. You swim over it.

#575 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

All right. I'm pretty sure that's the correct behavior, since it's normally the combo type on layer 0 that takes precedence. In any case, it's been that way at least since 2.10, which makes it hard to change now. (Plus, of course, making changes to walkability handling is really hard, especially where water's involved.)

#576 Dr. Mutagen

Dr. Mutagen

Even in the future, nothing works!

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

I've been meaning to mention this for a while, but since the topic of water has been brought up, I figure it's as good a time as any to bring up this particular bug:

Simply put, Link can't cross over non-solid water combos with the Flippers. This bug actually ruins at least a couple older quests. For example, if anyone around here still has Exate's quest Link's Nightmare, I would suggest trying it in RC3, and try to see if you can get past Level 3. Good luck with that. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Dr. Mutagen, 14 August 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#577 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

I notice you can't move from solid to walkable water. Is that what you mean? But that doesn't exactly work in a sensible way in 2.10, either...

#578 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

Yeah, this version of Dreams of Yesterday from 2011, as was worked in in 1.92 B183, has all kinds of oddities with its water when played in RC3. They're a mixture of walkable and unwalkable in each combo.

Water is weird, mang. Water is weird.

#579 Dr. Mutagen

Dr. Mutagen

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Aug 14 2012, 05:26 PM) View Post

I notice you can't move from solid to walkable water. Is that what you mean?

Exactly. Although I didn't realize that it didn't work in 2.10 as well. Then again, I knew better than to play older quests in ZC 2.10, so... *shrug*

#580 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

All right, I think I got him handling walkable water a bit better. I'm afraid it's always going to be a bit wonky, but at least now it's not completely unusable. This is another thing that's going to need quite a bit of testing to make sure I didn't break something in the process.

Also, can someone provide a link to Link's Nightmare? I do want to make sure it works, but I can't find it anywhere.

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Aug 14 2012, 05:33 PM) View Post
Yeah, this version of Dreams of Yesterday from 2011, as was worked in in 1.92 B183, has all kinds of oddities with its water when played in RC3. They're a mixture of walkable and unwalkable in each combo.

I don't see what you mean. Could you point out a specific example?

#581 Dr. Mutagen

Dr. Mutagen

• Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

Link's Nightmare

Also, has the "Link moving too far when entering a screen in a dungeon DMap" bug been brought up already? I seem to remember somebody mentioning it before, but I can't remember for the life of me. In any case, that bug might be a bit of an issue in this quest as well. Not quite as game-breaking, but still annoying.

#582 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

Thank you, Saffith. You're a huge help. icon_smile.gif

#583 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

That level is indeed working now. Any other examples, let me know and I'll check.

QUOTE(Dr. Mutagen @ Aug 15 2012, 07:45 PM) View Post
Also, has the "Link moving too far when entering a screen in a dungeon DMap" bug been brought up already? I seem to remember somebody mentioning it before, but I can't remember for the life of me. In any case, that bug might be a bit of an issue in this quest as well. Not quite as game-breaking, but still annoying.

Didn't seem farther than normal. Is it only in some circumstances, perhaps?
He did walk into the wall of the Triforce enclosure at the end of the level, but it's just too close to the edge of the screen. I think maybe Exate just didn't take the distance into account.

#584 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

IPB Image

Note the odd walkability around the water. When it was first conceived, way back in the day, that water was perfectly functional in terms of walkability and swimmability. I don't remember it having any issues with not being able to enter the water. When played in recent builds, there are so many obstructions I can't even begin to list them all.

#585 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

I also noticed that you need to "push" against the water in some cases to go into it. Sometimes you can just go straight into it. I can't be the only one.

Edited by Guardian, 15 August 2012 - 07:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users