Photo

Screenshot of the Week 340

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (61 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#61 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:18 AM

Basically, I don't like joke screenshots that are made in 10 seconds (like Nocturne, Rover, and Shane,)

I don't like it when no effort is put into a screenshot and everybody goes crazy over it.

wow, Nocturne deserves a higher rating then me? I honestly don't see how.

Edited by Yoshidude, 10 October 2011 - 05:20 AM.

#62 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:21 AM

Yoshidude, chill out, there only shots. icon_shrug.gif

You don't like them, that's okay, but there is no reason to state they were made in 2 seconds and tell who deserves what. If a shot you don't like wins it's not up to you to tell everyone it doesn't deserve to win. After all; majority rules.

Edited by Shane, 10 October 2011 - 05:22 AM.

#63 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE(Yoshidude @ Oct 10 2011, 06:18 AM) View Post

Basically, I don't like joke screenshots that are made in 10 seconds (like Nocturne, Rover, and Shane,)

I don't like it when no effort is put into a screenshot and everybody goes crazy over it.

wow, Nocturne deserves a higher rating then me? I honestly don't see how.

Why are you thinking his screen is a joke shot? It's a shot for his quest which is serious, this was not meant to be taken as a joke in any way in my eyes. I don't want to start an argument about a shot that isn't mine, but like, his shot isn't a joke. Also, Fireblast124's shot is a "joke shot" and you're not counting him.

#64 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:23 AM

Well, joke shot or not, no effort was put into it.

#65 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:27 AM

I agree, there is no effort put into mine, but, you're blinding the fact that Dawnlight stated in the another thread this is "screenshot of the week" not "most detailed shot of the week."

Edited by Shane, 10 October 2011 - 05:28 AM.

#66 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:30 AM

I never said a screenshot had to be super detailed, I am saying I only like screens that had effort put into them.

#67 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:32 AM

Ah, okay I'm droping this though before this gets ugly. icon_razz.gif

#68 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:22 AM

Yoshidude is so right, Shane.

Nocturne: The tiles you're using are normally not for sideview shots. I think you should change the background, because, Link cant live under lava. Really looks like he's IN the lava.

Koh: It looks cool, but the water has a problem. Other than that, it's okay.

Yoshidude: Thats great! You make BS really good looking. Now I wanna see Selhera Village in this style ;D

William: Very good! Looks like the best shot this week.

Feenicks: Cool tileset. Though, there are eyes on the treasure chest..

Twilight Knight: I just love your shots. And the palette. I would remove the flowers on the diagonal grass.

CastChaos: Pretty good dungeon screen design. Love the stones, the walls and everything. I'm voting for this.

Shane, Fireblast124, Rover: icon_frown.gif

Pokemonmaster64: The tree is watching. He's jealous

#69 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE(Avataro @ Oct 10 2011, 09:52 PM) View Post

Yoshidude is so right, Shane.

As I said:

You don't like them, that's okay, but there is no reason to state they were made in 2 seconds and tell who deserves what. If a shot you don't like wins it's not up to you to tell everyone it doesn't deserve to win. After all; majority rules.

icon_wink.gif

And plus, I don't think any of the joke shots are going to win judging from the poll so far, so don't worry. If a joke shot wins, it's not the end of the world.

My point? Any shot can/deserves to win regardless if it's a joke or not.

Edited by Shane, 10 October 2011 - 08:09 AM.

#70 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:25 AM

In my opinion, the jokeshots aren't even funny. Out of all the joke shots from 338-340 there is only one funny shot. That was the first one, made by Rover (not this week). And maybe the "can't triforce" joke. Other than these, I hope those shots never win. But you're right, majority rules. I don't know my own opinion about this icon_wink.gif

#71 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:28 AM

Don't get me wrong your opinion is fine but your opinion can't just beat the overall majority, no one can. icon_razz.gif This is what Yoshidude said :

QUOTE(Yoshidude)

you seriously gave Rover and Nocturne that high of a rating.

I thought everyone had opinions? icon_blink.gif

Edited by Shane, 10 October 2011 - 09:41 AM.

#72 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(Shane @ Oct 10 2011, 09:28 AM) View Post
I thought everyone had opinions? icon_blink.gif
And his is that people are really overestimating certain shots. There's nothing wrong with what he's saying and people need to chill out over this. I'll say it too; in my opinion, Shane's, Fireblast124's, Rover's, and Pokemonmaster64's shots don't deserve to win. There's nothing wrong with me saying that; after all, we all have to decide on who to vote for, right? That means that you are deciding that any shot besides the one you voted for doesn't decide to win. If you didn't vote for the winner then you disagree with the majority opinion; again, nothing wrong with this. icon_shrug.gif I don't get why you're all getting hung up on this.

#73 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Oct 9 2011, 06:03 PM) View Post

While I did make the screen with the intent to make the rock formation phallic, the shot is entirely up to interpretation. I never made it clear if the "penis" was spooging on a male, a female, or even any discernible figure or even if the white river is indeed spooge (it could be mayonnaise). It's all up to interpretation, and yours tells me a very interesting story. I'd also hardly consider a rock formation that resembles a penis to be in violation of rule #2. I believe we have content in the loose tiles and tilesets that comes closer to violating that rule (wasn't there a Link's Bad Hair Day 4 tileset?).

To tell the truth, I didn't even notice the "phallic" side of it until you pointed it out:

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Oct 9 2011, 02:10 PM) View Post

So it looks like not enough people picked up on the phallic shape of the mountains in my shot.

Take a look at it using the dirty half of your brains. icon_biggrin.gif I'm so mature!

Furthermore, what other interpretation could there be? The left formation clearly looks like a penis, the right formation clearly looks like an ass (trust me, that's not what a vagina looks like). The only possible intelligent conclusion from there is that the white river is jizz. To my knowledge, nobody else has come to a different conclusion.

QUOTE(Shane @ Oct 10 2011, 04:51 AM) View Post

That's the point of my screen. icon_razz.gif Right now my motivation for actually designing real screens are 0 but this helped my in some what way so thanks!

I don't know if that's sarcasm or not, but if you're serious, then no problem?

Edited by Ornlu, 10 October 2011 - 12:31 PM.

#74 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE(Ornlu @ Oct 10 2011, 12:25 PM) View Post
Furthermore, what other interpretation could there be? The left formation clearly looks like a penis, the right formation clearly looks like an ass (trust me, that's not what a vagina looks like). The only possible intelligent conclusion from there is that the white river is jizz. To my knowledge, nobody else has come to a different conclusion.

This thread:
IPB Image

Seriously I am gonna have to ask you guys to cut it out, it was cute for a while but now it's just getting stupid. Feel free not to vote for the screen but I don't think we need a play by play of it's symbolism.

#75 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

Everyone just votes for the screen he/she likes most. And it was CastChaos for me icon_smile.gif
I love the caption idea, from CastChaos and Twilight Knight!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users