Photo

Screenshot of the Week 165

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 165 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#46 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:35 AM

Relax, there's like five more days to go icon_razz.gif

SD: you sure it's bite? Haven't seen the movie for a while... I'm pretty sure it's cut, since the dude pulls a knife or something doesn't he?

#47 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:06 AM

What movie are you talking about? It's definitely bite in Little Nicky, 'cause Adrian turns into a bat and Ozzy bites off his head... But the character shows up in multiple movies so we might be thinking of two different ones.

Edited by Sharon Daniel, 13 June 2007 - 03:14 AM.

#48 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:23 AM

No, that character was taken from the Waterboy.

#49 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:14 AM

Yeah, I know he was in The Waterboy. I guess I'm more familiar with his line in Little Nicky though, 'cause I've seen it about a million times, and I've only seen The Waterboy once.

We're going so off topic. icon_heh.gif

Heyyy! Evan's finally ahead! Yaay Evan! UR SO GREAT! icon_deformed.gif

#50 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:27 AM

Aww...

And I thought I was gonna win for a minute there.

Ah well.

#51 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:31 AM

I'm also for Evan. That shot has the same feeling like the southern part of LttP Light World and not just because the statues...

Click it if you are not with dial-up!

#52 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:07 AM

Evan posted an updated shot in his pinned thread, which I might've voted for, if it was the same one here.

However, based on the one here, I seriously think Revfan's got a better one. icon_shrug.gif

#53 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:30 AM

I absolutely LOVE shadowing and overhangs like that, so I'm a little biased for Revfan's screen. Still, Evan's was certainly excellebt... I really couldn't find much wrong with it.

#54 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:47 PM

I gotta admit. That's the biggest comeback I've ever seen! Go Evan. icon_smile.gif

#55 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(Trimaster001 @ Jun 13 2007, 01:47 PM) View Post

I gotta admit. That's the biggest comeback I've ever seen! Go Evan. icon_smile.gif

It was because of my hardcore cheering. icon_naughty.gif

IPB Image

Edited by Sharon Daniel, 13 June 2007 - 01:30 PM.

#56 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:08 PM

haha helping hand...

I voted for Evan's.

I don't understand though, whenever I've seen Revfan discussing Pure tilesets he always slates them. Lots. And then enters for SoTW with a shot with just Pure graphics.

#57 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:44 PM

Shoelace asked me to make a screen that was using the Pure graphics "Correctly", so I did. I never intended it for SotW anyway.

Also, there are an infinite number of things wrong with Evan's screen. It's empty. It overuses the palm trees that don't match the rest of the environment. It's palette is awful and makes me feel sick looking at it. It's structure is overly square (although to be fair, he fixed this one in his update shot). It's water is bare and just doesn't make sense being there. The sand, although this is a palette issue, looks so terrible that it makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a bottle cap. The subscreen is empty, and the sword sprite is awful.

There are just as many issues with my shot (if not more), but I'm just astounded that so many people voted for Evan blindly thinking that his shot is absolutely perfect.

#58 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE(Revfan9 @ Jun 13 2007, 03:44 PM) View Post

Also, there are an infinite number of things wrong with Evan's screen. It's empty. It overuses the palm trees that don't match the rest of the environment. It's palette is awful and makes me feel sick looking at it. It's structure is overly square (although to be fair, he fixed this one in his update shot). It's water is bare and just doesn't make sense being there. The sand, although this is a palette issue, looks so terrible that it makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a bottle cap. The subscreen is empty, and the sword sprite is awful.

There are just as many issues with my shot (if not more), but I'm just astounded that so many people voted for Evan blindly thinking that his shot is absolutely perfect.

Here we go again Rev, every time you start to lose, you complain. Hope it's not like going to be like the last time you submitted for SotW.

#59 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:53 PM

Rev those little puddles are tide pools, you see them at most beaches. And theres not a whole lot I could put into them. I fixed the mountains so they're better and not so square. And the trees seemed fine to me icon_shrug.gif

#60 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:47 PM

Revfan, if you read the posts in this thread, no one actually said that Evan's shot was perfect, and it isn't. None of the shots today are. Either way, people voted for Evan's(and yours) out of opinion, if something looks pleasing to a big number of people, it won't even matter that it is full of flaws. And as it stands, a big number of people found Evan's shot pleasing.

Edited by Nuvo, 13 June 2007 - 09:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users