Ballad of a Bloodline

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic

#1276 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

That happens if you don't stop the boss' attack in time. Use boomerang and/or arrow when it surrounds itself with pink or yellow pollens AND start moving after you hear the secret sound. Since if the warp tile appears before you, it still won't teleport you away, only when you step into it.

#1277 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Mar 6 2011, 04:15 PM) View Post

That happens if you don't stop the boss' attack in time. Use boomerang and/or arrow when it surrounds itself with pink or yellow pollens AND start moving after you hear the secret sound. Since if the warp tile appears before you, it still won't teleport you away, only when you step into it.

Thanks CC for help, now let´s see if I´m able to finish this master piece. Eppys videos are gold icon_razz.gif

#1278 Starmangx7

Starmangx7

• Members

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Nov 15 2008, 04:07 PM) View Post

Does this work in the Lost Isle Build? (meaning, was it made with beta 253 or before?) Because if so, then the LI Build 'should' be able to play it.

hi do you now the cheat codes to thies Quest?

#1279 dreamscaper

dreamscaper

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

Okay, I am playing BB and I am almost finished with the light world. I even managed to get the second level shield, and boy was that some work finding it! Only thing missing is the goron child quest. I have found the key, I have found the goron child. Well what about this mandhandla that the NPC mentioned? I have searched death mountain high and low. I have the lense of truth, and I have checked every superbombable rock. Most had heart pieces. One had a really expensive bomb sack. None had this person that is supposed to give the side quest. I am getting frustrated. I completed the darned quest already. I just have no idea where the quest giver is. There are only two places I havent been yet. One is above the crystal bushes to the left of where the circle of rocks warps you where there is a superbomb and a darknut waiting. The other is just a small ledge on the western side of mt death in a cave. I found one little spot in the very top right corner of a screen fairly near where that superbomb is where the lense of truth shows two small rocks that disappear to get to what appears to be an empty corner where there are two crystal bushes. But there is absolutely no trigger to make them disappear. I tried literally everything. If I can get that one heart piece, that superbomb, and find the NPC that gives you the mandhandla side quest then I can finally move on to the dark world. Help please?

#1280 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

Goron child quest:
At the southeast, there's a chasm you get from the caves below, go back west in it and there's a rock with lava flowing from it. Superbomb that to get to the manhandla, then go all the way north into the teleport, so then you can return back to the goron child and he will let you pass to your reward.
I don't see what other places you talk about with that disappearing rocks, maybe it has something to do with the enclosed northern area where you need to shoot the target shaped crystal at the fully mountain + vines screen?

Also, have you found the deathknight, the darknut sidequest, the two areas that open by beating the 2nd and 3rd dungeon respectively?

#1281 andnay

andnay

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:17 AM

I cant kill the Nightmare boss in the final stage.
I move the mirror down 3 tiles, the blocker down one, shoot the wand from top in the mirror but the shot just passes him or detonates in the clouds with no effect.

Is this an error or am i missing something?

#1282 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE(andnay @ Jul 21 2012, 01:17 PM) View Post

I move the mirror down 3 tiles, the blocker down one, shoot the wand from top in the mirror but the shot just passes him or detonates in the clouds with no effect.

If i remember it right , so you are doing the right thing just keep shooting icon_smile.gif

Edited by judasrising, 21 July 2012 - 06:43 AM.

#1283 andnay

andnay

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

I fired on full auto and all shots just passed through him and hit the wall behind. All of them. Half a magic-bar worth of ammo went through him without doing anything.

I watched a couple of youtube videos and i am doing the exact same thing. They kill him with the first hit, and my shots just fly through him.

Edited by andnay, 21 July 2012 - 07:01 AM.

#1284 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE(andnay @ Jul 21 2012, 01:51 PM) View Post

I fired on full auto and all shots just passed through him and hit the wall behind. All of them. Half a magic-bar worth of ammo went through him without doing anything.

I watched a couple of youtibe videos and i am doing the exact same thing. They kill him with the first hit, and my shots just fly through him.

Hm are you using 2.10? i can also try that boss once more i have a savefile for that icon_smile.gif

#1285 andnay

andnay

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

Yes, Version 2.10

#1286 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE(andnay @ Jul 21 2012, 02:08 PM) View Post

Yes, Version 2.10

Okay i beat that boss now and nothing strange there icon_eek.gif

#1287 andnay

andnay

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

what exact buid and version?

#1288 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE(andnay @ Jul 21 2012, 02:38 PM) View Post

what exact buid and version?

i am using 2.10

#1289 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE(andnay @ Jul 21 2012, 01:17 PM) View Post

You miss what is easy to miss and many do: after the magic shot hits, you need to move away, for warp combos only work when you step on them, not when they appear under you as secret combos. To make matters worse, any tile you pushed anything through have their secret combo erased, so after the magic shot hits, go and step on a tile that you haven't already pushed a mirror or sponge through.
This was the price of bosses that were more complicated than 99% of other quests' bosses. But no more. I'm making BBIV on 2.5RC2 and bosses are completely smooth there. When they work, that is.

#1290 Eskimojoe

Eskimojoe

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

I would like to start out by saying great quest CastChaos! Just started on this quest today. I have finished lvl1 and so have the Boomerang, lantern, Bombs, Hookshot, Bottle, and Bait. I am currently in the screen left of the potion shop in north eastern Hyrule Field. I survived the four red darknut ambush. Am I anywhere near where I need to be to get slash? Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help given.

Edited by Eskimojoe, 13 January 2013 - 07:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users