Photo

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Conspiracy Theory

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE(Daniel @ Jul 13 2007, 05:54 PM) View Post

If by "film" you mean "book" than no. Snape dies killing Voldemort in order to save Harry's life.

How do you know this?

EDIT: I read the WikiPedia article on Deathly Hallows, and it says that Rowling confirmed two of the main characters will die. This would make sense.

Edited by The Satellite, 13 July 2007 - 04:59 PM.

#17 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:18 PM

Okay, now we're getting to the point of theories presented as fact. Please, if you think that something will happen, don't say it like it's the unequivocal, undisputed truth. It confuses those that haven't read the sixth book. Although, if you haven't read the book, then I don't know why you're here... icon_sweat.gif

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jul 13 2007, 03:56 PM) View Post
That article makes alot of sense. I mean, think back to the first one, when Snape confronts Quirrell, saying something along the lines of "It's time to choose just where your allegiances lie." It's confusing, but Snape may have been trying to convince Quirrell to dump Voldemort.

I had no clue that the seventh book was coming out so soon. icon_omg.gif I'm going to have to pick that one up. icon_heh.gif
That makes me think of something else. I'm rereading the sixth book to brush up on some of the minor characters who may reappear (also out of sheer boredom) and Snape, when he is explaining his apparent alliance with Dumbledore to Ballatrix Lestrange, says that he didn't know that Voldemort had taken control of Quirrel... although, from The Satellite's observation of Quirrel's and Snape's conversation from Sorcerer's Stone (Philosopher's Stone for you English gents) it seems like he knew all along... giving even more credit to the conspiracy theory that I posted at the start.

#18 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:42 PM

Very interesting article, I guess we'll have to find out the truth in the last book. *waits impatiently*

A horcrux is extremely dark magic. You need to kill someone to make a horcrux, and Dumbledore is not one to use dark magic.

I also don't believe that Voldemort would make Harry into a horcrux, because why would Voldemort put part of his soul into someone he wants dead more than anyone else?

I think that for the two main characters that will die, one of them would likely be Ron. Perhaps both Ron and Hermione would be killed at the same time by Voldemort out of sheer evilness. Of course, it could be any main character.
QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jul 13 2007, 06:18 PM) View Post

Sorcerer's Stone (Philosopher's Stone for you English gents)

Err... Philosopher's Stone is the correct term. It was dumbed down in the US release (and only the US release) because Scholastic assumes that Americans are all idiots naive enough to be more likely to buy a book with the word "Sorcerer" in the title instead of Philosopher. I personally think that if someone is that dumb to not know what the Philosopher's Stone is, or at least not be interested in a book because of that title, doesn't need to read the book.

#19 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:48 PM

I was trying to make the exact same point, Siguy.

QUOTE(Siguy @ Jul 13 2007, 06:42 PM) View Post

Err... Philosopher's Stone is the correct term. It was dumbed down in the US release (and only the US release) because Scholastic assumes that Americans are all idiots naive enough to be more likely to buy a book with the word "Sorcerer" in the title instead of Philosopher. I personally think that if someone is that dumb to not know what the Philosopher's Stone is, or at least not be interested in a book because of that title, doesn't need to read the book.
Could've also been so that Fullmetal Alchemist fans didn't hold book burnings. icon_xd.gif

#20 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:52 PM

I forgot to say, I think that R.A.B is probably Regulus Black...

A friend of mine suggested that Crookshanks is Regulus Black.

#21 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:13 AM

Uh, I've forgotten what R.A.B stands for icon_sorry.gif

#22 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(Limzo @ Jul 14 2007, 11:13 AM) View Post
Uh, I've forgotten what R.A.B stands for icon_sorry.gif
It's the initials of whoever destroyed the fourth Horcrux (the locket). There's been a lot of speculation that this is Regulus Black, Sirius Black's brother, although nothing is proven.

#23 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:31 PM

Yeah R.A.B. is still a mystery but I'm hoping there is another good Black is these books.

#24 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:13 PM

That article makes some sense... But honestly, I don't think Dumbledore necessarily planned it, so much that he just knew it. He knew what Voldemort's intentions were, and he knew that there is no way to avoid the inevitable, so he just prepared himself for death by helping Harry with the horcrux and whatnot.

Also, I don't think Voldemort turned Harry into a horcrux. The prophecy that appeared in the fifth book says that "Neither can live while the other survives." So Harry has to destroy Voldemort or vice versa. But first Harry needs to destroy the horcruxes. If he was one of them, he'd have to destroy himself, and therefore, he couldn't kill Voldemort.

Edited by GoldenChocobo, 15 July 2007 - 02:14 PM.

#25 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE(GoldenChocobo @ Jul 15 2007, 03:13 PM) View Post

Also, I don't think Voldemort turned Harry into a horcrux. The prophecy that appeared in the fifth book says that "Neither can live while the other survives." So Harry has to destroy Voldemort or vice versa. But first Harry needs to destroy the horcruxes. If he was one of them, he'd have to destroy himself, and therefore, he couldn't kill Voldemort.

You just stroke a note here. A note that makes me kinda worried.

It is rumored whether or not Harry will die in the seventh book, which I hope he doesn't. What if Harry destroys all the Horcruxes, but finds out he's the final one? What if that is why Harry would have to die in book seven?

Shake that thought outta my head. I don't like the thought, and I also doubt it. And somehow, I also doubt that Harry will die in the seventh book.

#26 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:25 PM

You're putting too much emphasis on the prophecy. The prophecy is only true because Voldemort is taking steps to make sure that it happens. Harry will, of course, try to kill Voldemort, but he doesn't have to.

"Neither can live while the other survives..."

That doesn't say anything about Harry killing Voldemort, does it? It just says that one of them is gonna die... and possibly, both.

#27 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jul 15 2007, 01:20 PM) View Post

You just stroke a note here. A note that makes me kinda worried.

It is rumored whether or not Harry will die in the seventh book, which I hope he doesn't. What if Harry destroys all the Horcruxes, but finds out he's the final one? What if that is why Harry would have to die in book seven?

Shake that thought outta my head. I don't like the thought, and I also doubt it. And somehow, I also doubt that Harry will die in the seventh book.

Nah, he won't die. Here's my reasoning:
When asked which five of her characters she would like to invite to dinner, she chose Harry, Hermione and Ron, but then hesitated before choosing her last characters, saying "See... I know who's actually dead," unsure whether she was permitted to invite those who are 'dead'.

icon_biggrin.gif

#28 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:29 PM

I never thought of that. Way to ruin the book, J.K. Rowling. icon_glare.gif Nah, I'm just kidding. Good find.

#29 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jul 15 2007, 01:29 PM) View Post

I never thought of that. Way to ruin the book, J.K. Rowling. icon_glare.gif Nah, I'm just kidding. Good find.

xD Aw, she didn't ruin it! She tried her very best not to.
You know, if it makes you feel better, she could have just been saying that to make you think they'll live.
Then BAM! She kills them off when you're not lookin'.
Surprise surprise!

#30 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:15 PM

Hmmm, how long ago did she say this? SPOILER! That means Hagrid will die! SPOILER! *gets shot*

No, what I'm saying this for is because Harrold's God-father could possibly be one of those people she'd invite to dinner, and maybe Dumbledore or Cedric Digory too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users