Photo

Screenshot of the Week 78

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Who gets your vote? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Who gets your vote?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 30 January 2005 - 09:52 AM

Dorian
user posted image
Link will find the good way to get the HCP?

lord_jamitossi
user posted image
Just an old shot that I've had lying around here for a while...

masterlink3000
user posted image

Phil
user posted image
A lovely screenie from teh Phil's Quest...tiles courtesy teh Happyman

Snort
user posted image

#2 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 30 January 2005 - 09:54 AM

Some of these shots are old. Well masterlink's is the best shot. I was hoping to see another BH4 Shot. icon_razz.gif

#3 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 January 2005 - 10:24 AM

jamitossi: I'd probably add a bit of detail to some of the green, like the grass tiles you have already in there.

masterlink: Good shot... but compared to everything else the dirt looks so realistic that it clashes. icon_shrug.gif I'm also not a fan of the patterned flowers. Random scattering is better.

phil: Little too much empty grass tiles here in my opinion. When I made screens using the set, I generally tried to have 75% or so of the grass tiles have some sort of detail on them (meaning a combo besides the pure green one).

Snort: Grass could use some detail... dead flowers or something. Regardless, your shot is nice. I voted for it.

EDIT: Whoa... I completely missed Dorian's shot. icon_augh.gif The main thing that stands out here is a lack of variety. You seem to only use 6 or so combos here. It's a passageway, I understand that, but they generally don't make for impressive shots. icon_razz.gif Also, I advise against using JPGs. Makes the shot look much worse than it actaully is.

#4 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 January 2005 - 10:40 AM

icon_lol.gif Thanks. icon_razz.gif

Dorian: A bit dark, but it seems that that is the point. icon_razz.gif layout looks fairly nice, but it's the standard tiles. No real variety. Only "perk" is the darkness.

Lord Jamitossi: Hm. The Bridge is the best part. The other tiles could probably use some work, and put down more on the screen. But what, is up to you.

Masterlink3000: Very nice trees. icon_smile.gif Looks slightly too bright for my tastes, (Specifically, the grass.)

Phil: Pepper the areas with trees, thanks. icon_smile.gif

Snort: Add in those details. Otherwise, you get my vote. icon_wink.gif

#5 Beachlady

Beachlady

Initiate

• Members

Posted 30 January 2005 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE(DragonBoy @ Jan 30 2005, 08:54 AM)
Some of these shots are old. Well masterlink's is the best shot. I was hoping to see another BH4 Shot. icon_razz.gif

Same here..He does some awesome work....maybe next time

#6 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 January 2005 - 11:14 AM

*null votes because of entry*

Dorian: It's probably intended, but it's far too dark to see anything, and we're really voting on tiles here, so...

masterlink: Nice tiles, but I don't really find the dirt matches the trees. It's too bold. I find the brown draws away from the greenery too much.

phil: There's nothing happening in this shot. Add some enemies or some elusive items or something. And, as Happyman already said, put something more on the grass.

snort: Probably the best of the 5 in my opinion, but the lava tiles are a bit too bright.

#7 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 30 January 2005 - 11:56 AM

My vote goes to Snort.

Dorian: It's quite dark. I can make out the HCP, Keese, ladders, and cobwebs, but I can't see the background.

lord_jamitossi: I love the layout of the screen. Has that whole...um...*lost train of thought*...nice shot.

masterlink3000: Cool shot. This would have been my second vote.

Phil: I like this shot, but there's a lot of open space there.

Snort: I love the lava, the layout, and those evil lava thingies (forget the name x_x). Nice shot.

#8 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:35 PM

all the screenshots this week seem rather bland... but, regardless, I voted for Snort. what can I say, I'm a sucker for molten rock

#9 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 30 January 2005 - 01:34 PM

Dang, I wish I had remembered to enter in last night. icon_sweat.gif

Dorian: There's little detail and little variety. And the little there is in the shot is hard to see because of the darkness.
lord_jamitossi: There should be more variety in the grass, definitely, and I think random pixels would really help those mountains. icon_wink.gif
masterlink3000: Nice, but I really feel that those dirt tiles don't fit in with the rest of the shot at all.
Phil: Personally, I think there needs to be more variety in the grass.
Snort: Easily the best shot here. You finally changed the lava, and it raises the shot 10x. icon_biggrin.gif **votes**

#10 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 30 January 2005 - 01:55 PM

Dorain: A bit too dark.. Maybe you can add more details like a few torches and things like that.

lord_jamitossi: Nice shot. I like the mountains. icon_razz.gif Is that like a FF Style quest?

masterlink3000: Those dirt tiles look too realistic for that screen. icon_shrug.gif Other than that, It's a solid screen. icon_razz.gif

Phil: Nice Happyset shot. icon_razz.gif

Snort: No comments.

Since I entered, I null voted.

#11 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 30 January 2005 - 08:23 PM

Being a beta tester of the quest it is obvious I have seen this area alot. icon_razz.gif But I have to tell you Snort's Screenshot is great. fantastic detail. icon_biggrin.gif

#12 masterlink3000

masterlink3000

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 30 January 2005 - 10:16 PM

To all those who think the dirt in my shot looks real...I wanted it to look like that....plus the flowers around the stumps there are for a reason I can't say yet.... Ya'll will have to wait for a demo of the game to see why.... icon_wink.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

I'll post my reviews later...but for now I must spend time with my women. . . icon_wink.gif

#13 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:46 PM

masterlink3000, I'd kinda like to review my comment to you before. I said the trees look out of place, but the shot in your siggy shows the same trees and they look superb. In retrospect, I think the flowers need re-making to become a bit more 3D.

Snort, to answer your question, yes and no. I has a map-style overworld, but it has no relation to the FF characters or storyline.

#14 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:11 AM

I voted for masterlink3000, it is a okay shot. It needs something, I just can't think of it. I am wondering what the soliders are looking for. Can't wait to play. icon_razz.gif

#15 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:12 AM

Pretty good looking shots this week. I haven't gave comments on them in a while, so I will do so this week.

Dorian- Well, this is probably a pretty confusing room, but I can't see it very well.

lord_jamitossi- Well, I voted for this one. It interests me, because it has that FF style going on. I hope it's a wonderful quest, because I think it is very eye appealing. Very Good world.

masterlink3000- Cool shot. Love the tiny LTTP type trees, and the pathway is pretty neat. Looks like it would hurt to walk on barefoot. Good thing he has boots.

phil- Good shot. It looks cool. I hope you are able to be the first to make a complete quest with this set. Good luck.

Snort- Good shot. Love the lava. It looks so toasty hot. Let's jump in. ^_^ Great work.

Good work on these shots. Someday I will enter something in SOTW again, but I need to finish stuff up before I do so, and I need to remember to work on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users