Photo

Screenshot of the Week 68

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (66 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:40 AM

And the contestants are...

Masterlink3000
user posted image

PolygonX8
user posted image
Look, I entered. Walls and sprites are custom here.

Mr. Z
user posted image
The new level 7 (fire part) of Link's Birthday DX

CrystalBlade
user posted image
Link finds out he needs a key to proceed.

Shoelace
user posted image
Link really hates bugs, Bugs really hate arrows.

Radien
user posted image
The story of a girl, a door, and the giant toad that came between them.

Vargen
user posted image

Darklink813
user posted image
Link, standing upon the holy ground of the Sol Shrine Entrance

Who gets your vote?

#2 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:45 AM

Oh yeah... I lost. icon_biggrin.gif IF I knew there were this many screens to be put in, I wouldn't have entered.

Null-voted.

#3 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:47 AM

Radien gets my vote. The giant frog looks good, but the smaller frogs are sweet. Poly's and Mr. Z's look awesome too. But those frogs...

#4 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:48 AM

I personally like.. Crystal Blade's, Masterlink's, Radien's and Vargen's sunset thing. I need to get some original tiles..

Oh, my shot is from my new quest.. (again...) Revenge of the Spirits.

#5 masterlink3000

masterlink3000

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:04 AM

I'm null voting.

PolygonX8:Great shot you have here and I see the main character has a magical upgrade for his cane, or maybe that sprite is something else. Overall this shot is great. . . Godd job Poly. icon_wink.gif

Mr.Z:This is from LBDX! Great, awesome, this shows great progress in your game Z. I can't wait to play this in full version.

CrystalBlade:Lava, this is a good shot and I can't wait to play your game.

Shoelace:Great dungeon design, but it lacks interior design. The placing of the floor tiles and blocks don't look right to me and is it me or is it just that the fence tiles under the torces don't belong there.

Radien: Great dungeon walls, these are sewer walls I'm guessing. Anyway this shot is overall good, and is that Octarock floating on water?

Vargen:I like the background and mountains you've placed here in this screen, but what threw me off of it was the waterfall mysteriusly falling from the sky.

Darklink813:To me, this shot is bland and needs more texturing. Plus this is from the Pure set, with no custom tiles. . . this shot is good and everything though.

#6 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:07 AM

as much as I like the background in Vargen's shot, I voted for Radien. that frog is the shiz

#7 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE(IaN @ Oct 24 2004, 05:47 PM)
Radien gets my vote.  The giant frog looks good, but the smaller frogs are sweet.

Those small frogs are from Lufia 2, it has some more good sprites too. (Love that game)
(The frogs which Radien probably got from PTUv2.1 where I ripped them icon_razz.gif)

I think the background on Vargen's shot looks really cool, could you release that for us?

Who to vote for? I'll have to think about that for a while...

#8 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:30 AM

Eek, lots of JPEGs this time. :\

Despite the fact that Radien's big frog was ripped from FFMQ and not custom, it still gets my vote. Very very nice shot.

#9 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:35 AM

Well, looks like this week we'll see a battle between Radien and Vargen. They're both pretty good shots, but Radien's is just more interesting with the action on screen and those cool walls. icon_smile.gif

#10 CrystalBlade

CrystalBlade

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 24 October 2004 - 12:26 PM

masterlink3000: Awesome use of the LTTP Tileset. icon_wink.gif I don't want to know what the whirlpool entails...

PolygonX8: Wow. Everything in the shot is custom. Nice.

Mr. Z: I cannot wait for LBDX. Awesome.

CrystalBlade: I think he will make an amazing comeback and pwn you all! Just watch...

Shoelace: Dang. There is alot of stuff going on. Great job.

Radien: A fire breathing octorok? Um... okay... I really like the toads. I'm guessing they're lynels? And is the giant frog a "custom boss".

Vargen: The sky is awesome, but the waterfall looks a little odd.

Darklink813: It's okay... You need a lot more detail, though. :\

I null voted, of course.

#11 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:02 PM

I voted vargen (for obvious reasons), but none of the pictures really jumped out to me as being really sweet screenshots. Radian would have been second, then masterlink. The same thing aplies for all the other shots: too much of the same colours.

#12 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:55 PM

Masterlink3000: Very good LTTP use there ML. icon_wink.gif The shot looks pretty well good.
PolygonX8: Hmm. This shot looks really good. But, I think how the sand goes down, and the lower walls just seem... odd when they overlap. Maybe it's just me. icon_shrug.gif
Mr. Z: Looks good, but the total redness just... it's yucky. icon_dead.gif
CrystalBlade: Besides the dungeon lava on overworld part, this looks really good. icon_shrug.gif
Shoelace: Boy... your quests will be hard. icon_heh.gif Anyway, I think that you should work on the setup of shots. Setup = good. Also, those rows of blocks don't look good. I would advise trying to make those tiles into walls.
Radien: Tiles look great, except I think the Frog would do 10x better if it was 3D. The way it looks flat.... it's just odd. icon_shrug.gif
Vargen: The background is wonderful. icon_thumbsup.gif But, that's the only thing that really adds to this shot unfortunately. :\
Darklink813: Looks good, but you need more variation in the grass. Add more flowers, or different types of grass.
My vote was for Radien.

#13 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 October 2004 - 03:33 PM

Well It seems that I don't have a chance on this one. I agree this picture isn't the best, however, I had to put the last floor of the 5th level. These last three pictures I submited for the SOTW, were pictures from the 5th level which is part of the demo I will be releasing later this week. Now that I am done showing off the 5th level, I will start showing different part of the game.

In this picture, I show off the floor where the spirit of knowledge is located.

Shoelace:Great dungeon design, but it lacks interior design. The placing of the floor tiles and blocks don't look right to me and is it me or is it just that the fence tiles under the torces don't belong there.

I don't know what you were talking about when you said that fence tiles don't belong under the torches, so I am going to leave them there because the point of that is because there is water under it. Though the blocks are not very good looking, I will change the blocks. The reason for the blocks is because of the way the screen above of it is made. I will find another way to make it though because the I can't put a wall there. Thanks for the comment.

Yeah, the picture was okay, just wanted to show that floor. I am already fixing it, so thanks for your guys comments. Now on to me two cents:

Masterlink3000: Good Screen. You use the aLttP tiles really well. Maybe not showing enough to beat Raiden and Vargen though.

PolygonX8: Nice custom tiles. It looks weird when the sand goes over the walls, however, I know what you were going for. You can really make pretty good custom tiles. I wish I had the gift to make custom tiles. icon_confused.gif

Mr. Z: This picture is good, but maybe add different colors, but considering that this is the fire level, you can away from it. I wonder what those floor tiles are, they look like there is lava under it. icon_thumbsup.gif

CrystalBlade: I like this picture, this one seems unique for some reason. Great job. icon_cool.gif

Radien: This one would have gotten my vote. I love the waterfall mist! Your tiles are really good. The toads are pretty cool, looks interesting. It is cool that I don't have to wait that long for the demo. icon_razz.gif

Vargen: This sky is awesome! The only thing is that's the only thing that is really special about the picture. The thing that is cool is that it looks like Link came to talk to that guy standing there. This would get my second vote. icon_thumbsup.gif

Darklink813: This picture is okay. You need to have something going on, it seems plain. Other than that, it doesn't look bad, just needs more. icon_razz.gif

Well I null voted because I entered. Wish luck to everyone, now to add more stuff to my demo. icon_slycool.gif

#14 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 October 2004 - 04:06 PM

All nice shots here. I'll comment later. I'll tell you who I voted for later.. icon_biggrin.gif

#15 Vargen

Vargen

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 October 2004 - 04:15 PM

I should have woted on Masterlink3000 if I wasn´t in the contest. I love the lttp tileset and that screenshot really show the capacity of that tileset icon_smile.gif

In case someone wonders: the waterfall in my screenshot is the mysterial divine waterfall, a waterfall falling from the heavens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users