Photo

Screenshot of the Week 654

Octorockoncrack Shoshon the Elegant Anthus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 654 (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:31 PM

Shoshon the Elegant
Shoshon%20the%20Elegant.png
Prometheus has to trudge through honey while avoiding detection in Level 5, The Beehive Bank.

Octorockoncrack
Octorockoncrack.png

Anthus
Anthus.png
Screenshot of the Week is a pyramid scheme.

• Anthus and Joelmacool like this

#2 sutibu

sutibu

Initiate

• Members

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:13 AM

First one in here.

My vote this week goes to Octorockoncrack.

Shoshon - You got some funky things going on with this screen. The pallet is a little out there but it works for me. I kinda see the goop as honey and that works. For me I think more than anything else it is the beehives. The way they're positioned on the walls with the walls at that angle makes them look a little flat, though I'm not sure how'd you fix it. You intrigue me again with design though. "Beehive Bank", something I would never have thought of.

Octorock - This screen is flawless. Between the tiering of platforms and terrain, it has a nice transition. The shadows mixed with the rain give it an ominous feel. I like the look of the blue rope (which could be a flashing rope caught in that instance). Great work!

Anthus - I think I've seen this screen before. The perspective is a lil wonky with the top tiles of the bottom of the pyramid going on top of the horizon. Might look better if everything was one tile back. The horizon backdrop is really cool and the pallet is real pleasant and works well with an NES feel.

All three of these shots bring a different flavor. I like them all very much. Keep up the good work guys :)

スティーブ

• Anthus likes this

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:08 AM

Shoshon - "Beehive Bank", that is something I would've never thought of. I like what you got going though, it's a pretty interesting concept and I like the idea with honey and honeycombs. Also interesting to see bees being guards. I think the ceiling could be worked on just a little bit since it looks like each tile doesn't fit too well with each other, I can't really explain but like something with the default Outlands tiles in the tileset would be good. Unless it's intended to look like that, then that's fine. Minor nitpick tho.

Octorockoncrack - Pretty nice shot all around, seems pretty interesting to have the beach area be all dark like that, that's something I've never seen before. Really sets the tone of the area well IMO.

Anthus - More pyramids I see :P Looking pretty nice, I really like the simple but effective background and the blocks around the pyramid look cool. It would've been cooler if the central pyramid had similar designs too, but ah well.

I voted for Octorockoncrack this week.

• Anthus and Shane like this

#4 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:44 PM

The whole beehive bank idea is inspired by a mixture of Persona 5 and Donkey Kong Country.

Persona 5 had a dungeon that was a bank, and I thought that was cool. DKC had a bee boss, and I know DKC2 had like a couple bee levels I believe.

And then I thought about how perfect it was for bees to protect a bank the way they protect their hives.

Yeah. The roofs do bug me a little bit as well. I don't really care to change them though cause they don't distract me really.

And changing the colors would mean editing an existing CSet. Which would complicate things for me.

I may be able to edit it to not have the wide line though.

Edited by Shoshon the Elegant, 26 March 2018 - 05:14 PM.

• Anthus and Eddy like this

#5 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:45 PM

Null'd, but I would have voted for Shoshon, more than likely. I really like the theming here, and am indeed reminded of DKC2 a bit. My only suggestion would be to possibly make the ceiling texture little hexagons instead of little squares, but this is pretty minor.

Octorock's is good, but I think it might look better without the overhang. I like PTUX (or is that the LI version of PTUX?) so points for ZC nostalgia. :P

And yes, mine is an old shot. I honestly don't remember if I entered it here, but I have surely posted it in the screenshot thread, or forums at some point. I don't normally toot my own horn but I'm actually still pretty proud of mine. The background animates too :blah:

• nicklegends likes this

#6 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:32 PM

I like the hexagon suggestion. I could try that out.
  • Anthus likes this

#7 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:26 PM

I honestly don't remember if I entered it here, but I have surely posted it in the screenshot thread, or forums at some point. I don't normally toot my own horn but I'm actually still pretty proud of mine. The background animates too :blah:

This is actually the third time you've submitted this shot. :P

(#400 and #552 were the others.)
  • Anthus likes this

#8 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:29 PM

Oops. Well at least a year or so passed in between. No more pyramids for another 18 months. :P

• nicklegends and Chris like this

#9 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:04 PM

Not bad, but yes, the base of the pyramid should not be above the horizon

• Anthus likes this

#10 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:49 PM

With 66.67% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 654 is Octorockoncrack!

Octorockoncrack.png

Congrats!!

Voting totals:
- Shoshon the Elegant - 5 votes [11.90%]
- Octorockoncrack - 28 votes [66.67%]
- Anthus - 9 votes [21.43%]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Octorockoncrack, Shoshon the Elegant, Anthus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users