Photo

Screenshot of the Week 634

Anthus Jared Feenicks Joelmacool

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 634 (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:58 PM

Jared
Jared.png
My grandchildren just love to play in the leaves! I don't mind cleaning up after them.

Feenicks
Feenicks.png
dangerous tactics going on here

Anthus
Anthus.png
"Just dropping this here to get the contest started. :P "

Joelmacool
Joelmacool.png
A puzzle (not really) to solve (by solve I mean step on the switch but oh wait you need to find a way to walk across the lava on the left side; you could use the item of the dungeon but this is just an image and not a full quest soooo yea it's unsolvable (vote anyway)) by (me) Joelmacool.

• Joelmacool and Matthew like this

#2 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:21 PM

Voted for Joel because he told me to 

• Eddy, Jared, Joelmacool and 4 others like this

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:01 PM

I actually voted for Joel in spite of me entering. I've always liked that look within Pure, and he does a good job at showing depth. Another good turn out. :)
  • Joelmacool and Naru like this

#4 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:16 PM

I'm shocked and appalled that PureZC produces their SotWs with chemically unseparated Anthus.

• Anthus likes this

#5 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:11 AM

I actually voted for Joel in spite of me entering.

You're going to be so pissed when he wins by one vote.

Anyway, I went ahead and undid that.

• Anthus likes this

#6 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:20 AM

Jared - what a bad grandparent. Who knows what might be in there and if they are old enough to take the risk they should be also old enough to clean up after themself! Voted here nonetheless.

Feenicks - a great screen, like it a lot. Is it going to explode?

Anthus - just dropping this here to not leave him out.

Joelmacool - I like the colors, but not their use/combination. Not that I really dislike them though. Otherwise great screen.
  • Anthus likes this

#7 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:27 AM

but not their use/combination.

Could you expand of this please? I'd like to know what bothers you about the colours.

• Shane likes this

#8 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:46 AM

I like the red with the black and blue, they make each other stand out. Maybe a bit too much, the colors divide the screen for me. I am not sure about that though.

I don't like the lava in this red. Maybe it looks better animated, but like this I am not a fan of it. I am also not a big fan of black walls.

It honestly is rather a thing of personal taste.
  • Joelmacool likes this

#9 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:16 AM

I like the red with the black and blue, they make each other stand out. Maybe a bit too much, the colors divide the screen for me. I am not sure about that though.

I don't like the lava in this red. Maybe it looks better animated, but like this I am not a fan of it. I am also not a big fan of black walls.

It honestly is rather a thing of personal taste.

But, in the same explanation you said that you like "red with the black and blue" and then you say you don't like the "red" and you're not a fan of the "black walls".
This is confusing lol

#10 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:25 AM

Jared - Very nice work here, I'm definitely a big fan of the cool leaf piles you have on the bottom-right. I also really like how the grass grows into the mountains near the top of the screen, that's very nice.

Feenicks - Pretty nice shot, your Firebird work is always quite good. This one feels a bit empty to me IMO, probably more bushes or grass could help. Nice work anyway.

Anthus - This looks really good, and I'm sure I've seen this elsewhere. Did you make these tiles yourself or get them from somewhere else? They look really nice and makes the screen look quite unique. I also like the theme you're going for here.

Joelmacool - I really like the depth you have in this shot, with the higher and lower floors, something I haven't seen done in quite a bit of time with this tileset. I noticed an error on the far right, you seemed to have used the wrong shade of red for the lava tiles since they were meant to be on the higher floor. Other than that though, this looks really good.

I went for Anthus this week, but Joel was a close second for me.

• Anthus, Shane and Jared like this

#11 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:00 AM

Yeah, that's why I didn't try to explain it in detail ;)

I am really bad at imagining. Like spinning a geometrical form in my head. It's similar here, I can see that I like the colors, I am not fully satisfied with what I see though. Maybe other lava tiles? Or another lava color? Or same colors but lasers instead of lava? I simply can't imagine it well enough.

Edited by Naru, 31 October 2017 - 10:02 AM.

• Joelmacool likes this

#12 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

Joelmacool - I really like the depth you have in this shot, with the higher and lower floors, something I haven't seen done in quite a bit of time with this tileset. I noticed an error on the far right, you seemed to have used the wrong shade of red for the lava tiles since they were meant to be on the higher floor. Other than that though, this looks really good.

Actually, the error was that I forgot to border the darkened lava like I've done elsewhere in the screen :P

• Eddy likes this

#13 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:07 AM

I voted Jared, some slight colouring issues but it didn't stop me from voting for this amazing screen. Second is Joel's screen, I like the colours which bring contrast and the structure is definitely unique. The other shots are great too, good job! :)

• Jared likes this

#14 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:28 AM

Great turnout this week! Was a bit tough to decide, but I ended up voting for Jared, with Anthus as a close second. I really like the structure and overall "feel" of Jared's screenshot. Regardless, great job to everyone!

• Jared likes this

#15 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

Anthus - This looks really good, and I'm sure I've seen this elsewhere. Did you make these tiles yourself or get them from somewhere else? They look really nice and makes the screen look quite unique. I also like the theme you're going for here.

I wish I made these. These are from "Gunple: Gunman's Proof". A Japan only LttP clone with shooting mechanics. It's a fun game but kind of simplistic and repetitive at times. The only thing I drew were the boards on the door on the north wall.
  • Eddy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anthus, Jared, Feenicks, Joelmacool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users