Photo

Screenshot of the Week 633

Anthus Avataro Ecruteak Joelmacool

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 633 (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

Anthus
Anthus.png
"I don't exactly feel safe with all these skulls and spikes around, and that perspective is terrifying!"

Classic XD

Ecruteak
Ecruteak.png
I'd make a joke about digging around for ore chunks if I knew how to script a shovel.

Joelmacool
Joelmacool.png
Courtesy of Avataro (I created the shadows and a few other tiles myself)

• Anthus, Avaro, Joelmacool and 2 others like this

#2 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:19 PM

I love Anthus' visual style, only problem is navigating that half tile at the bottom. Avataro's looks fantastic too, no half tile issue there, so he got my vote.

• Anthus likes this

#3 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:27 AM

That big statue is not my taste. It looks like a nude monster playing with its nipples while smiling like a creep and at the same time the middle part looks like a terrified bunny. And it also gives a sprite that makes it difficult for the player sprite to fit in. I mean as long as monsters and NPCs in general have the same style as the player sprite it can work out even if there is some style clash with the environment I think.

I am not sure if I like rocks simply flowing a bit higher, they certainly make the screen a lot more interesting though. I don't like the water area so I went for the more classical classic. It has a great palette.
  • Anthus likes this

#4 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:30 AM

Anthus - This definitely looks very interesting. I really like the design of the screen and those statues are very creepy lol. I do feel that the player sprite looks very out of place here, since it has such a huge style clash with the more detailed screen. Other than that, it looks quite nice and I like it.

Avataro - Your very simplistic classic screens looks very nice, and this one is no exception. Definitely like how clean this one looks and the palette looks very nice. As a suggestion, do you think you could try and make some lava tiles? The re-coloured water tiles works fine here, but I'm curious to see how this would look if you had made some lava instead. Btw I see a tile error to the bottom right corner, it seems like you missed a water tile with a left border.

Ecruteak - I know your struggle man, scripting is hard :( But anyway, this looks pretty nice and I like the similarities to Oracle of Seasons. I would personally suggest to maybe fill all the green grass tiles with leaves or something, like with what you did with the ground tiles. It would help fill up the empty spaces and look a bit better IMO. But it's not too big of a deal.

Joelmacool - This looks pretty incredible. The mountain overhangs adds a lot of depth to this shot, and the general screen detail is quite spot on. The water area to the bottom right looks very well made with not much emptiness.

I voted for Joel this week, but quite a good turnout.

• Anthus, Shane, Avaro and 3 others like this

#5 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:11 PM

I like how the big statues in Anthus' screen look like "a nude monster playing with its nipples while smiling like a creep"

• Anthus, Shane and Jared like this

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:36 PM

It looks like a nude monster playing with its nipples while smiling like a creep

Lol, wow, now I can't unsee it. I didn't really look at them terribly closely until now, and yeah, it does kind of look like that.

I mean, yeah, that was totally intentional :blah:

I probably would have voted for Joel, had I not entered.

#7 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

Anthus - Excellent looking ruins area. And the nipple statues are... interesting. No qualms with this one.

Avataro - Nice looking classic shot. I like the look of the colors.

Ecruteak - Definitely get those Oracle of Seasons vibes from this. Nicely done.

Joel - Spectacular shot here. I do like the depth of the rocks though I do find they look a bit odd too. Not too odd, and the shot is still nice.

I go with Anthus. It's nice and very unique.
  • Avaro likes this

#8 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:30 PM

Since some of our members are under 18, I have been contacted by staff to remove the nipples, and exposed crotch from this image. This is the new image you must vote on.

vy6Rv95.png

.....j/k :P

• Nathaniel, Shane, Eddy and 5 others like this

#9 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

With 62.00% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 633 is Anthus!

Anthus.png
"I don't exactly feel safe with all these skulls and spikes around, and that perspective is terrifying!"

Congrats!!

Voting totals:
- Anthus - 26 votes [52.00%]
- Ecruteak - 4 votes [8.00%]
- Joelmacool - 12 votes [24.00%]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anthus, Avataro, Ecruteak, Joelmacool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users